• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC 2019 New Zealand vs Canada

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
Keiran Read getting away with his usual side of the maul, attack the legs ploy. Typical Crusader stuff.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Great half from Stumpy Todd. Best on the park.

Garbage from Sonny Bill Titty Hands. Talk about playing down to the level.

Rieko almost as bad.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Clock has established itself a strong lead at the halftime break. Will take a big second half for the AB's to overhaul the deficit from this precarious position.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
FFS Beauden. Where were you? Ruined the Barrett-to-Barrett-to-Barrett-for-the-try movement. smh.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
FFS Beauden. Where were you? Ruined the Barrett-to-Barrett-to-Barrett-for-the-try movement. smh.

Lol, my dad and I shouted the same thing. He did put the kick in though so it was a triple Barrett.

Now he's bloody stopped running try bound and "done a barrett". Blimmin heck.

Lost

Ted Fahey (11)
Keiran Read getting away with his usual side of the maul, attack the legs ploy. Typical Crusader stuff.

And the grinning “ aw shucks “ humble battler press conference

Inspector Poirot payed the usual sycophantic hand.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
haha, Ardie's going to play the match wearing ski goggles. No, I am not making this up. https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby...vea-to-wear-protective-goggles-against-canada

FIRST fucken ruck the oppo will be "yeah I dont fucken think so, Stevie" and rip em off. Ardie'll spend half the game scurrying around behind the advertising hoardings looking where the latest prick threw the things.

The other half of the match he'll be taking a knee to get some window wiper action from the trainer. Then it'll start to RAIN.

I predict 7th minute and he's biffed the fucken things off himself

They lasted two scrums & two rucks according to the Hurld but after knocking on with his first touch without them he put them back on. Gonna need to start wearing headgear or some serious tape to stop him fidgeting with the velcro.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I think everyone with the team would be reasonably happy, 63-0 is ok. Geez I couldn't get over how much the players were sweating and can understand when Read said it wasn't the ball that was slippery , more the players. Both teams had a lot of pill that just seemed to pop out as they had it tucked under there arms. Mounga/Barrett axis seems to be getting better, seems that both players look more comfortable who's calling what etc. Agree with Dismal, thought Todd had a bloody good game , and I thought Frizzell went ok . So onto Nambia.

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
Really hard to read too much into that game.

Weber was far better than Perenara though - Perenara was trying to do way too much fancy stuff rather than just being decisive.

SBW, Mounga and Todd were the best of the starters.

Some better signs for Rieko in the second 40. Looked to be getting a bit of confidence back.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
9: TJ Perenara: seems to turn into a giant showpony against lowly teams. Pretty embarrassing for him how Weber came on and instantly ignited the attack. I think, mentally, TJP just has too much byronistic brainlockianism about him. i'd rather see Weber there.

10: Richie Mo’unga: all things good

11: Rieko Ioane: looked sharp but it is just not happening. If you can't break free once in 80 mins when being marked by Canadian wingers, in a rout, then how can you be expected to do it against the big boys?

12: Sonny Bill Williams: shit early, then some highlights, but still fuck this guy, he does his wingers no fucken favours at all

13: Jack Goodhue: hooked at halftime, didnt further his agenda

14: Jordie Barrett: shootout between him and BFA for the #23 jersey? I'm torn. I'd have to still say BFA as Jordie seems like he has a monumental cockup left in him (careful how you read that)

15: Beauden Barrett: best part was it was a real leaders performance. took responsibility for shit

21: Brad Weber: huge half

22: Ryan Crotty: everything straightened when he came on. Fairly handy for a Cantab. (mods can we please get some smaller font?)

23: Ben Smith: looked sharp, but, like Rieko, it just was not happening

aeneas

Tom Lawton (22)
Beauden dropping the ball at the end with no one touching him was the difference between the All Blacks beating the line or not.

Unfortunately I bet on them beating the line.

If you are investing in a line that high then you are a degenerate..... :rolleyes: