• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC 2023 - All Blacks pool matches

How far will AB progress?

• A. Won't make it out of the Pool

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • B. Beaten in QF

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • C. Beaten in SF

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • D. Beaten in Final

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • E. ALL THE WAY, BABY!

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Yoda

Watty Friend (18)
NZ running amok had nothing to do with playing for Fozzie.

Players wouldve seem Mccaw on the big screen at the start of the match.

Watching over them.

Murder in his eye and death in his brain.

"Oh shit. He's here."

Only hope for NZ is to ultilise Mccaw into a sideline role akin to the Bokke woman at every match of theirs who charges around the sideline and in-goal screaming at the skullbrained lummoxes as to where to run to next.

Mccaw would just have to stand there silently on the sideline, the murderstare basically saying "your lazy useless arse is going to meet my niggly f****** foot if you don't pull finger."
"Play offside all day and have your hands in the ruck until the referee tells you not to. If he doesn't, happy days.They hardly ever pinged me!"

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
It’s more obvious on the supporters version ..
Which I suggested at the time, everyone was having a fit over nothing. They almost always different and should be too! As I said then they have to be different to other jerseys so they sell to people who want to have a jersey for each comp.

Last edited:

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Woo hoo! Someone finally went for Poll option E. ALL THE WAY, BABY!

I'm currently still at B. Beaten in QF unless our game/ ref management improves big-time.

We need to be painting the ref some pictures e.g. "we're ready to scrum, why aren't they?", "our lineout has formed, why hasnt their's?" & most of all "how come every time we're down their end someone needs medical attention for just long enough to give his gassed team-mates a breather?".

I'd also be questioning what's in those wee bottles the Oirish water carriers are bringing out 'cos I seriously doubt it's H2O.

Not sure we have a captain who's up to that particular job.

Last edited:

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
I’m getting that feeling.

Other sides are also beating each other up (Ireland, RSA) you know Ireland have a war coming v Scotland as well. NZ having the French first is a bit of a blessing health wise for the squad.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
All Blacks: Damian McKenzie, Will Jordan, Anton Lienert-Brown, Jordie Barrett, Leicester Fainga’anuku, Richie Mo’unga, Cam Roigard; Luke Jacobson, Sam Cane (capt), Shannon Frizell, Tupou Vaa’i, Sam Whitelock, Tyrel Lomax, Codie Taylor, Ofa Tuungafasi. Reserves: Samisoni Taukei’aho, Tamaiti Williams, Fletcher Newell, Scott Barretti, Ethan Blackadder, Finlay Christie, Beauden Barrett, Caleb Clarke.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
All Blacks: Damian McKenzie, Will Jordan, Anton Lienert-Brown, Jordie Barrett, Leicester Fainga’anuku, Richie Mo’unga, Cam Roigard; Luke Jacobson, Sam Cane (capt), Shannon Frizell, Tupou Vaa’i, Sam Whitelock, Tyrel Lomax, Codie Taylor, Ofa Tuungafasi. Reserves: Samisoni Taukei’aho, Tamaiti Williams, Fletcher Newell, Scott Barretti, Ethan Blackadder, Finlay Christie, Beauden Barrett, Caleb Clarke.
Kind of a bob each way. Resting players that have had plenty of rugby, but breather for the ones who have had plenty. Only thing I would like is Blackadder get a decent run, I would almost have him on bench ahead of Papali'i in QF? And also a chance to run DMac and BB together for part of game?

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ yep, I reckon Blackadder offers a bit more than Papali'i does right now - as someone posted a few days ago it's almost like Dalton's trying so hard to not make mistakes it's hurting his game whereas I think we need Blackadder's abrasiveness even if he makes the odd error.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
All Blacks second string back three to deliver me back to the top of the fantasy league table.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)

Fucking LOLLLL.

Insecure much there Fozzie?

"I don't want my players to suddenly learn too much about rugby football from Razor so we must keep him away. Too much exposure to winning rugby football tectucks might distract them."

THE SAME NIGHT in the team hotel after the upcoming quarter-final loss Razor should send his crew in and......

BNpQ.gif

"This was a hostage situation. Get my new charges to a safe space."

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Anyone who believes that shit is to be polite a very very gullible person. Is Marshall saying they have a picture or something stopping him from going into games? Have they had him barred from walking in the streets of Lyon in case he sees and talks to polayers?? He has probably been rightfully told he not invited into dressing rooms or to trainings, you know like the rest of us?
But hey it's a quiet few days and good to get the pitchfork brigade armed!:rolleyes:
Though to be fair Marshall has probably also been barred from trainings and dressing rooms like the rest of general public and assumes it goes for everyone.

Last edited:

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Can we just let Uruguay score a try pls. Portugal scoring was the biggest cheer in 2007 and it's just a bit sad to pointlessly hold them to nil.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Actually enjoy watching NZ now I don’t have to hear Nisbo, Marshall et al.
Don't mind Nisbo. It's Smithy that makes me want to hold my breath until darkness.

Thank god he's off at the Cricket WC.

NZ look fresh. Assuming France end up top of Pool A NZ v Ireland if they get past Scotland will be phenomenal with Ireland having gone through wars. Some will say battle hardened but they aren't a young side and its tiring.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
ABs under a bit of pressure from Uruguay early and combos didn't click until the second 40.

Uruguay have played a lot of that starting XV during the pool and it showed. They'll go home with a win and a lot of credit. Hopefully Chile follow their upward path.