• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC 2023 - All Blacks pool matches

How far will AB progress?

• A. Won't make it out of the Pool

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • B. Beaten in QF

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • C. Beaten in SF

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • D. Beaten in Final

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • E. ALL THE WAY, BABY!

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ absolutely, sub Beaugan, ScoBar & Codie ASAP... :D

Plus get SamW out there for what he reckons is his record-equalling, not beating, Test Cap on account of McGOAT having played the BaaBaas back in the day.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Now to carefully manage proceedings so the score is comfortable but Italy have enough confidence to upset France.

And sort out the defensive discipline :mad:

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
All more than a little boring atm. Just don't pass 100. Absolutely no need for that, just let Italy have a run with the ball ~4 mins.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
As much as I would like to subscribe to your newsletter I just cannot.

If this Italy could tip over the Wobs last year then surely they can tip over this NZ.

The AB front row ffs. Ofa and Nepo are utterly braindead penalty magnates. Codie Taylor, shorn of Razor and his Rolls Royce rolling maul at frozen tinpot Lancaster Park seems to actually shrivel up inside his own brain when he puts on a black jersey. Retallicka has totally done his dash, no one knows which Dickshit Frizzle will turn up and the #8 is a five foot 11 and three quarters speedbump on defence.
Don’t know if makes me laugh or cry.

Mastermind
IMG_8999.jpeg

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ other than the collar, I don't think they've changed it. Even in the closest of close-ups there just doesn't seem to be any sign sign of the "14 ferns" design. I think it was either just a marketing exercise all along*, or was quietly dropped on account of the mostly negative feedback.

* by which I mean it was never intended to be part of the actual playing jersey.

Last edited:

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
FFS Italy.

Talking themselves up prior, then celebrating a try like it's the lottery win in the midst of a 96-pt annihilation. Wft they really soaked up some of the local cheese-eating surrender monkey ambience in that one

Stick to nice hair, spags and exquisitely hand-crafted women's leather footwear in future.

Although the ultimate lol will still be France v Italy if the frogs give it the ol' gallic shrug and send out the C team and engage in a bit of bonus point chicanery to gift Italy the win and dump NZ out in the pool stages anyway......

Last edited:

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
idk if the Gallic chicanery even applies anymore after France France'd themselves against Uruguay. Italy could eliminate them with a win...

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Which, itself, would probably top France's 2011 efforts.

> host RWC
> beat the All Blacks with a BP
> LaMarseillaiseOnAnInfiniteLoop.mp4
> noodle home against Uruguay with no BP
> c'est la vie
> thrash Namibia
> hon hon hon hon
> but let your best player get his face caved in with the score at ~60-0
> sacré bleu
> lose to Italy
> get eliminated
> cmd start revolution.exe

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
^ other than the collar, I don't think they've changed it. Even in the closest of close-ups there just doesn't seem to be any sign sign of the "14 ferns" design. I think it was either just a marketing exercise all along*, or was quietly dropped on account of the mostly negative feedback.

* by which I mean it was never intended to be part of the actual playing jersey.
No mate, I could just see it as they lined up in the tunnel to come out, I could see it on Ardie's ahoulder, when light was diectly on it.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ yeah, just watching SamW's post-match chat with Goldie & you can just barely make out a coupla ferns between the logos so like you say it's light-dependant.

Goosestep

Syd Malcolm (24)

No mate, I could just see it as they lined up in the tunnel to come out, I could see it on Ardie's ahoulder, when light was diectly on it.
It’s more obvious on the supporters version ..

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
idk if the Gallic chicanery even applies anymore after France France'd themselves against Uruguay. Italy could eliminate them with a win...

I think the only scenario where we don't qualify is Italy beat France with a BP but France pick up 2 x losing BP & AB don't get any BP v Uruguay: that would (I think) make for 1. Italy 15 pts & won hth v 2. France also 15 then 3. NZ 14. If all three finish on 15 then PD is the first tie-breaker & we're obviously well ahead of Italy on that metric (currently +133 v -14).

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
I think the only scenario where we don't qualify is Italy beat France with a BP but France pick up 2 x losing BP & AB don't get any BP v Uruguay: that would (I think) make for 1. Italy 15 pts & won hth v 2. France also 15 then 3. NZ 14. If all three finish on 15 then PD is the first tie-breaker & we're obviously well ahead of Italy on that metric (currently +133 v -14).

confused-what.gif

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
NZ running amok had nothing to do with playing for Fozzie.

Players wouldve seem Mccaw on the big screen at the start of the match.

Watching over them.

Murder in his eye and death in his brain.

"Oh shit. He's here."

Only hope for NZ is to ultilise Mccaw into a sideline role akin to the Bokke woman at every match of theirs who charges around the sideline and in-goal screaming at the skullbrained lummoxes as to where to run to next.

Mccaw would just have to stand there silently on the sideline, the murderstare basically saying "your lazy useless arse is going to meet my niggly f****** foot if you don't pull finger."

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)

I said this when the jersey was released. An absolute beat up.

Excellent ABs performance. Beating Namibia by that score would have been impressive let alone Italy. Roigard & DMac make a huge positive difference to the bench.