• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC 2023 - All Blacks pool matches

How far will AB progress?

• A. Won't make it out of the Pool

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • B. Beaten in QF

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • C. Beaten in SF

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • D. Beaten in Final

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • E. ALL THE WAY, BABY!

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Legendary flat track bully display from the Lol Blacks

Incredible how Havili, ALB and CC manage to play down to levels.

Surely Roigard has usurped Christie by now. The guy has got IT.

Last edited:

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
"The All Blacks say they will contest any judiciary charge laid against loosehead prop Ethan de Groot for his 72nd-minute red-card hit on Namibia forward Adriaan Booysen in Saturday’s Pool A World Cup clash in Toulouse."

Meanwhile Le Roux Malan will at least have something to hang on his wall while his ankle heals...

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
It would need to be an incredible defence to get him off.
You'd think so, but this is WR (World Rugby) we're dealing with.
Lead with the shoulder, did not wrap, sure it might have hit shoulder first but clearly head contact.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Yeah, I don't see how the dislocated shoulder is relevant & by challenging they run the risk of the ban being say four weeks without the possibility of "tackle school" v two (three less one for doing the training) if they just cop to it. Not sure they can afford to do that. But, yes, it's WR (World Rugby) so anything's possible.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Encouraging news out of AB rehab group:

"There’s a good chance that Lomax, skipper Sam Cane (back), first-choice No 12 Jordie Barrett (knee) and top blindside flanker Shannon Frizell (hamstring) will all return for the Italy clash after sitting out the first two matches of this World Cup."

Plus Blackadder has started training.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Injured players back, SamW benched & DMac promoted to bench:

All Blacks: Beauden Barrett, Will Jordan, Rieko Ioane, Jordie Barrett, Mark Telea, Richie Mo’unga, Aaron Smith; Ardie Savea (capt), Dalton Papalii, Shannon Frizell, Scott Barrett, Brodie Retallick, Nepo Laulala, Codie Taylor, Ofa Tuungafasi. Reserves: Dane Coles, Tamaiti Williams, Tyrel Lomax, Sam Whitelock, Sam Cane, Cam Roigard, Damian McKenzie, Anton Lienert-Brown.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ probably the least-accurate lineout thrower of the three & depending on which "expert" you listen to isn't the best scrummager. I think he sits this one out on the basis that Italy have a solid scrum & we don't want too many 50/50 lineouts.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Injured players back, SamW benched & DMac promoted to bench:

All Blacks: Beauden Barrett, Will Jordan, Rieko Ioane, Jordie Barrett, Mark Telea, Richie Mo’unga, Aaron Smith; Ardie Savea (capt), Dalton Papalii, Shannon Frizell, Scott Barrett, Brodie Retallick, Nepo Laulala, Codie Taylor, Ofa Tuungafasi. Reserves: Dane Coles, Tamaiti Williams, Tyrel Lomax, Sam Whitelock, Sam Cane, Cam Roigard, Damian McKenzie, Anton Lienert-Brown.
Pretty happy with that line up to be honest, I may possibly have had a couple of chnages , but only a small ones. That's a bloody good bench.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
^ probably the least-accurate lineout thrower of the three & depending on which "expert" you listen to isn't the best scrummager. I think he sits this one out on the basis that Italy have a solid scrum & we don't want too many 50/50 lineouts.
Also don't think Sami has done a lot in general play this year to make me think he should be ahead of the 2 named.