• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC 2023 - All Blacks pool matches

How far will AB progress?

• A. Won't make it out of the Pool

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • B. Beaten in QF

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • C. Beaten in SF

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • D. Beaten in Final

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • E. ALL THE WAY, BABY!

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
Just watched the game:

will-smith-saw-that-going-differently-in-my-mind.gif

I have one question. Why did the All Blacks play like the Wallabies?

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I woke up this morning at 7:30AM and checked the score.

I smiled a full smile to myself, checked Green and Gold for Dismals reaction to the game and when I saw it was missing, I went back to bed.

It is a very warm feeling knowing that you have something superb to look forward to at the start of your weekend.

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
PS I can’t wait until France put 40 on these All Hack pretenders in the first game of the World Cup. It will be a lifeboat of joy in the frothing fifty foot swells that make up the ocean of disappointment that is being a Wallabies fan.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)

I smiled a full smile to myself, checked Green and Gold for Dismals reaction to the game and when I saw it was missing, I went back to bed.

It is a very warm feeling knowing that you have something superb to look forward to at the start of your weekend.

1693028765844.png

startreknemesis-jeanlucpicard.gif

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Dismals reaction to the game
partridge-window.gif

psLOL@Scrote

Beaudy too lol@, cnut decided he'd cotton wool himself for this one. Barely a fuck given from fullback.

Perfectly paced game for bokball. An NH ref who fastidiously noticed and pinged every single transgression and infringement yet indulged the bok forwards taking turns to have a wee sit down to fake an injury in order to allow their pack to catch a breather every 5 minutes.

I am usually the first to pile on Fozzie's fuckups, and it might sound insanely arrogant to say, but I dont think the AB's will give a flying fuck about that result. After Scrote's red they played most of the 2nd half with a scrum of Tamaiti, Newell, Lord, Vaai and Jordie motherfucking Barrett ffs.

Although at lineout time, if the answer is Lord and Vaai then the question is mummy, mummy when are you going to hold me?

TL/Dfr Scrote gonna scrote

Last edited:

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
So I've now seen the Lomax injury & my God it looks like a drunk man's attempt to carve the Sunday roast. Lack of blood isn't necessarily a good sign, if I remember my St John's training blood means soft tissue damage, no blood means joint or connective tissue i.e. possibly ligament(s) and/or tendon(s) & I note Foster said something about the wound being "down to the thigh muscle" so in my expert First Aid Cert opinion I reckon he's fucked & will be coming home at some point next week.

Last edited:

drewprint

John Solomon (38)
Just started the replay now and an interesting moment already in the 1st minute - Vermulen not rolling from a ruck due to being hurt. Every other game I see the poor injured sod penalised regardless of level of injury. Even if they are knocked out I’ve seen them pinged.

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
Just started the replay now and an interesting moment already in the 1st minute - Vermulen not rolling from a ruck due to being hurt. Every other game I see the poor injured sod penalised regardless of level of injury. Even if they are knocked out I’ve seen them pinged.

I saw that. The cynical side of me wonders whether he tried his luck and feigned an injury, as he knew he was caught on the wrong side. There was the faintest of smiles from him after he got up.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)

1693055607051.jpeg

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I had seen that and commented to Mrs as soon as it happened.

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
I could tell from the haka we were in big trouble - going through the motions.

All the AB weaknesses under Foster exposed:

Discipline, handling skills, pop gun exits (huge fucking issue), a lack of leadership, a lack of depth in the forwards.

It boggles my mind Foster picked 5 wingers in his RWC and now will be without an actual 6 to play France. Fucking hell.

ABs would be far better off with a fullback who could A) provide an attacking running threat or B) provide a long kicking game. Beauden adds neither but is undroppable under Foster. Ridiculous.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Foster has given an update on Lomax's injury:

"Tyrel is very sore," Foster updated.

"He's our worst injury. He's got 30 stitches, he got stitched by a surgeon last night at different depths. It's actually gone into the muscle.

"His leg will be in a brace for four or five days as we give that a chance to heal.

"Long term, he looks good. But that's put him into the 'unlikely' category in a fortnight."

Also wrt Lurch & Frizzell:

"Both [are] running pretty well," said Foster. "[They're] probably slightly ahead of schedule, but unlikely for France.

"But [they're] going well."

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
ScoBar's date with the judiciary confirmed for Monday night NZT. I'm expecting a two- or three week ban.

On a brighter note Blackadder is currently playing for Mako, hopefully he stays in one piece in case AB need him at some point.

Edit: ditto Moody, currently in action for Cantabs.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Somewhere in Onehunga I hope Akira and Hoskins Sotutu are watching this trainwreck of tenured flankers fall short and going

cheers-toast.gif

"To Luke Jacobsen! To the shell of Sam Cane! To speedbump Savea!"