• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC 2023 - All Blacks pool matches

How far will AB progress?

• A. Won't make it out of the Pool

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • B. Beaten in QF

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • C. Beaten in SF

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • D. Beaten in Final

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • E. ALL THE WAY, BABY!

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
Somewhere in Onehunga I hope Akira and Hoskins Sotutu are watching this trainwreck of tenured flankers fall short and going

cheers-toast.gif

"To Luke Jacobsen! To the shell of Sam Cane! To speedbump Savea!"
To be fair, a game where some players were going through the motions and having brainfarts is right up Akira's alley. He probably would have stood out, but for all the wrong reasons.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
No surprise there WOB, after seeing the incident replayed on Breakdown the other night, there was absolutely no contact with head anyway, was just a good complaint by Marx. I actually thought he hit his shoulder and arm hit his head, but he never made any contact at all with head.

Last edited:

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
He’s lucky, because according to the findings the initial contact was deemed as being in the arm and then ending up in the neck area, but not high because initial contact with the arm… ending up in the neck area.

KiwiM

Nev Cottrell (35)
The only reason Scott Barrett faced the judiciary is because he got a red which is an automatic trip to the judiciary.

The actual incident itself wasn't upgraded to red and wasn't cited separately.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Not as outrageous to the masses when the serial re-offender getting off the hook through lawyering is an All Black I note.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Not as outrageous to the masses when the serial re-offender getting off the hook through lawyering is an All Black I note.
Well no outrage from me as I never thought it a red card offence. Almost everyone has lawyers at judiciary, no matter from where.

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
I mean, it never was deemed a red card-level offence, so it's unsurprising that there's no further punishment.

Seems a bizarre oversight and waste of resources that a red resulting from 2x yellows still has to go the judiciary. Unless I've missed something?

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I mean, it never was deemed a red card-level offence, so it's unsurprising that there's no further punishment.

Seems a bizarre oversight and waste of resources that a red resulting from 2x yellows still has to go the judiciary. Unless I've missed something?
It’s very bizarre, even if the two yellows were neither for foul play they have to go as well. Happened to Beauden a couple years back.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
French may have lost another, according to Newshub:

"Hosts France have been dealt another injury blow, with lock Paul Willemse reportedly dropping out of their Rugby World Cup squad with a thigh injury, a week before their tournament opener.

"The South African-born second-row has been replaced by Bastien Chalureau, with Willemse placed on a standby list, should his injury settle and another change be needed during the tournament."

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
French may have lost another, according to Newshub:

"Hosts France have been dealt another injury blow, with lock Paul Willemse reportedly dropping out of their Rugby World Cup squad with a thigh injury, a week before their tournament opener.

"The South African-born second-row has been replaced by Bastien Chalureau, with Willemse placed on a standby list, should his injury settle and another change be needed during the tournament."
In other words someone will go down if he comes right!:D

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ they've put him on their standby list so must believe they can & you'd think they would've checked with WR (World Rugby) first. That said it's France so maybe not.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Interesting, I'm guessing they did this before September 1 their time which means September 1 was the deadline for the squad officially?

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ nothing on either the main world.rugby site or the linked RWC site so who would know for sure?

All I've been able to find wrt France specifically is a piece on rugbyworld.com dated 31/08 that begins "There's no turning back now... Galthie has named his final France Rugby World Cup squad" & lists Willemse.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Not really sure why the secrecy behind the squad stuff from World Rugby, so many people want to know, even journalists don’t seem in the loop.