• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC: AUS v ENG (Twickenham): POOL A; 6am (AEDT) Sunday 4 October

Status
Not open for further replies.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Back to this for a moment.....

You'd think Garces might've picked up that the English scrum was walking around when he had to back peddle 5 metres to get out of the way.....

Nah, it's totally normal for the flankers to be crossing their feet as they drive forward..

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
I like this a lot. I have doubts whether JJ, Morgan and Youngs are 100%.

Agreed. This game is going to be really tough. Any player not at 100% will be found out, or possibly end up sitting on the bench. That will put immense pressure on England.

One of the single biggest mistakes we made during the Lions Series was selecting Horwill in the third test when he was clearly less than 100%.

mxyzptlk

Colin Windon (37)
I like this a lot. I have doubts whether JJ, Morgan and Youngs are 100%.

Did you see Ben Youngs after the game? Went off limping, and looked like he'd just woke up from a bender during the interview. Not sure how healthy he is overall.

Would the Wallabies rather deal with Youngs at scrum half or Danny Care? I'm not sure Wrigglesworth provides much spark.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
:D

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1443577944495.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1443577944495.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 226

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
Jokes aside, England did kick it 43 times against Wales.

Surely they are not going to be heading Izzy's way so I hope Foley has been practising day and night.

The Tahs super rugby exit model, dropping bombs right on top of Foley's head would be Plan A if I was England.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Omar Comin'

Chilla Wilson (44)
Part of the reason England lost to Wales is because they kept kicking away the ball. I'd be surprised if they kick it as much against us.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Maybe if anyone had a chance of actually being number 1 they'd care.

I think all rankings matter. Not the be and end all but they matter. Wales are to be congratulated on their 2.

All we need to do now is chase it down.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I think all rankings matter. Not the be and end all but they matter. Wales are to be congratulated on their 2.

All we need to do now is chase it down.

If Wales are still number 2 going into the match between Wales and Australia it's going to mean bad news for us (if my maths is correct)!

Reactions: dru

jollyswagman

Ron Walden (29)
I could probably work this out myself but I am too lazy right now, so on the off chance that anyone has already worked it out, can anyone plot the remainder of the tournament based on an Australia win and also an Australia loss on Saturday. It seems like the other pools are playing out as predicted with big boys topping their respective pools. Is it safe to assume if we do lose this weekend that we would want Wales to lose to Fiji? Who are we most likely to meet along the way to the final?

Beer Baron

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Part of the reason England lost to Wales is because they kept kicking away the ball. I'd be surprised if they kick it as much against us.

And part of the reason Wales alsmost lost is because they kept kicking it away. It was only when Wales started running it in the last 15 did things look very different. God help us if we get into a kicking war (general play and penalties). The score will be a multiple of 3 to nil.

BarneySF

Bob Loudon (25)
Syndesmotic injury, often results in a fibula fracture as ligaments between the tib and fib are compromised. Either way he played most of the match with it and was out for six weeks after. I think that's pretty tough.

Syndesmosis = the kale of lower leg injuries in this sport

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
England team to face Australia (probable): M Brown; A Watson, J Joseph, B Barritt, J May; O Farrell, B Youngs/R Wigglesworth; J Marler, T Youngs, D Cole, J Launchbury, G Parling, T Wood, C Robshaw, B Morgan. Replacements: R Webber, M Vunipola, K Brookes, G Kruis, J Haskell, Richard Wigglesworth/D Care, G Ford, S Burgess.

From the Telegraph, always correct. Australia by 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom