• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC: AUS v WAL (Twickenham): POOL A; 2:45am (AEDT) Sunday 11 October

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
I highly doubt it. The only way it could be possible IMO is if South Africa lose to Scotland tonight.

But there's a very big incentive to top the pool so we should play our best team. Come 2nd and our path is likely to be South Africa in the quarters, New Zealand in the semis.

And I don't have the same confidence in our B team. At most it would be a mixed team to rest a couple of key players or anyone with niggles. Wales are a very strong side and will have had a 10 day break.

Incentive not so strong now it looks like Japan and Scotland might qualify. Will be really ironic if that's the case considering how well SA played last night. TBH I don't really care which one of them we face. I think a Cheika vs Jones QF appeals to me

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
AS long as Scotland beat Samoa and SAF beat the yanks it's impossible for Japan to make the quarters.

I hope they do next tournament though, I want the dodgers to hold the title of being the only host nation to be knocked out in the pool stages..forever!

Omar Comin'

Chilla Wilson (44)
Incentive not so strong now it looks like Japan and Scotland might qualify. Will be really ironic if that's the case considering how well SA played last night. TBH I don't really care which one of them we face. I think a Cheika vs Jones QF appeals to me

Huh? There's very little doubt now that South Africa will finish top of Pool B. They'd have to lose to the USA to miss out.

There's huge incentive to win the pool! 2nd will most likely be Scotland, with Japan only able to make it if Samoa beat Scotland. I don't think the Wallabies (or Wales for that matter) will care which one of those teams they play, so long as it's one of them and not the Springboks!

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Huh? There's very little doubt now that South Africa will finish top of Pool B. They'd have to lose to the USA to miss out.

There's huge incentive to win the pool! 2nd will most likely be Scotland, with Japan only able to make it if Samoa beat Scotland. I don't think the Wallabies (or Wales for that matter) will care which one of those teams they play, so long as it's one of them and not the Springboks!

Got it corrected earlier. Am now back on Planet Earth

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Has to be Mitchell. I wonder if Cheika will hold out on a replacement (are you allowed to do that?). I mean it's not as if any of the non-23 are going to be required much from here on out.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Has to be Mitchell. I wonder if Cheika will hold out on a replacement (are you allowed to do that?). I mean it's not as if any of the non-23 are going to be required much from here on out.

Might be a good time to bring in a development player. Maybe expose Vaea to the set-up, or bring back Kerevi.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I was thinking that the same thing might happen.

Could give it a few days and have a long think about it before deciding.

Any player to come in is very unlikely to be close to the matchday 23 moving forward.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
1. Slipper
2. Moore
3. Holmes
4. Douglas
5. Simmons
6. Fardy
7. Pocock
8. McCalman
9. Phipps
10. Foley
11. Mitchell
12. To'omua
13. Kuridrani
14. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
15. Beale

16. TPN
17. Sio
18. Kepu
19. Mumm
20. Hooper
21. Genia
22. Giteau
23. Speight

Not dropping anyone, just resting Izzy and rotating the bench a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.