• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC: AUS v WAL (Twickenham): POOL A; 2:45am (AEDT) Sunday 11 October

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
So which Coach is going to be the first to blink and formally announce their Squad?

I'm tipping Cheika to be last, and to name 11 on the bench with a "three to be omitted" caveat.

By RWC rules, when is the cut off for the teams to announce their squads?

Reckon you're right again. Not sure why tho cos if they name first XVs they are both fairly clear

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Reckon you're right again. Not sure why tho cos if they name first XVs they are both fairly clear
I think in last week's instance it was just because he wanted to announce the side at a reasonable hour Aussie time and also needed the training run to finalise the last couple of bench spots.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
^^ Not just last weeks instance but TGC has been announcing nearly every variation possible for his bench this year, both for the Men in Gold and the Mighty Waratahs.

Whether is is due to mind games, concerns for injury, genuinely "not sure", or a combination of all of the above may never be known.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
^^ Not just last weeks instance but TGC has been announcing nearly every variation possible for his bench this year, both for the Men in Gold and the Mighty Waratahs.

Whether is is due to mind games, concerns for injury, genuinely "not sure", or a combination of all of the above may never be known.

Considering that it has been widely known since the selection of two teams which was team A and B and who would play what games, why the sudden need for mind games? The team for England was known 3 weeks ago so why is it a big deal who names there team first. I doubt either coach gives a damn, both have been around for a little while. If Wales gives a toss who is on our bench then they are in a pretty bad place.

IMO the most likely option is he genuinely doesn't know and we like to make shit up.

Dewald Nel

Cyril Towers (30)
Personally I've misjudged Aus, and gladly so seeing as they bungled out England against my personal prediction.

Don't see them walking over Wales, but shoud win a tight one with 5-10 points.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Nah. He couldn't have put more of his body into that brainfart if he'd tried

true, but his technique was not effective enough, the guy got up too quickly, being lower, some clearer evidence of arms and better body position ensure that the scragger thinks twice in the future

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Considering that it has been widely known since the selection of two teams which was team A and B and who would play what games, why the sudden need for mind games? The team for England was known 3 weeks ago so why is it a big deal who names there team first. I doubt either coach gives a damn, both have been around for a little while. If Wales gives a toss who is on our bench then they are in a pretty bad place.

IMO the most likely option is he genuinely doesn't know and we like to make shit up.

If Wallaby Team A and Team B were so widely known, with who was going to play what game, then how has the "Wallaby 31 players for 2015 RWC" thread accumulated 12 pages of posts since September 10? It can't all be injury What-Ifs.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
If Wallaby Team A and Team B were so widely known, with who was going to play what game, then how has the "Wallaby 31 players for 2015 RWC" thread accumulated 12 pages of posts since September 10? It can't all be injury What-Ifs.

What does that have to do with coaches caring about getting team lists out?

JJJ

Vay Wilson (31)

I reckon it's more to keep the team on its toes. Keeping competition fierce, zing in the training etc. I seem to recall some of the guys have said that he uses so many different combinations in training that nobody knows for sure who's in and who isn't, prior to the start of the RWC at least.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
At least now that the mungoes and the dancing has finished we only have to compete with the Socceroos for media coverage. I know they'll replay the mungoes highlights for another week but that should wear a bit thin by the time of the Wales match.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
Starting team as per the England flogging with Slipper to come in for Sio, Mitchell for Horne, To'omua for Gits and Beale for Folau if necessary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dai bando

Charlie Fox (21)
The general consensus here is that Gatland will put his strongest side out and go for the win
As I've mentioned before Charteris to the second row, Lee and Owens to the front, if assy is now fit he may be considered for the front row too.
Back Row same as, there is some talk that lydiate has an eye socket injury, but not confirmed yet.
The backs are a different story.
Davies and bigger at half back, centre I would go again with the Doc & Tyler Morgan.
But there is talk of putting North in the Centre, I think he should stay on the wing.
Then we are in the realm of probability and injurieso_O

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
Yeah what are the possibilities? We're talking about playing the ab's earlier yeah?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At the risk of labouring the obvious:
- We're able to beat them, although of course we're not the favourites
- We're on an obvious upwards trajectory, they seem not to be, so the later the better, although of course they might be foxing
- The later we play them, the more likely they are to choke against someone else and be knocked out

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
SA are a mystery. On paper their team is phenomenal.
If SA were fielding these players at the height of their form,they would be close to favourites to win it.
Sadly for them,most of their players are well past their best.
Matfield & Berger are the best examples,both world class players back in the day,not nearly so much now.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
Oh and whilst I'm not too much into I told you so, i will point out once that apart from mr jarse you were a bunch of nervous nellies going into last week's game and it did pan out as plastic and I told you it would. Plus I've never understood why members of gagr haven't recognised how good foley is

I think some others might have been optimistic. And some of us might even have been singing Foley's praises since before you heard of him.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
Personally I've misjudged Aus, and gladly so seeing as they bungled out England against my personal prediction.

Don't see them walking over Wales, but shoud win a tight one with 5-10 points.

Wales is too strong for any kind of walkover. They're a level up from England, as they proved by beating them. This'll probably go like almost all Wales vs. Oz games: down to the last quarter, or to the final minutes, or to the final moments.

Status
Not open for further replies.