• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC: FIJ v WAL (Millenium): POOL A

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNude

Peter Burge (5)
Fiji have played well so far and I think this could be there chance
with the injuries and emotion from Saturday's game there is a risk Wales may have 'played their final'.

My bold/stupid call/one-eyed prediction - close game to the the 60 minute mark with Wales coming home in the end. Wales by 10; no bonus point

mxyzptlk

Colin Windon (37)
Some clever Wales fans should get together in their supporters' jerseys and do a zombie walk around the outside of the Millennium Stadium.

The_Last_International_Zombies_web.jpg

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Geez, Fiji getting the rough end of the stick with the judiciary.

First it is their lock that gets ruled out for an innocuous tackle, then Nadolo gets picked up for the same infraction a week later; yet Wood can kick "Sanjay" in the head about a foot away from the ball and get of scot-free with a "warning" rather than a citing.

mxyzptlk

Colin Windon (37)
Geez, Fiji getting the rough end of the stick with the judiciary.

First it is their lock that gets ruled out for an innocuous tackle, then Nadolo gets picked up for the same infraction a week later; yet Wood can kick "Sanjay" in the head about a foot away from the ball and get of scot-free with a "warning" rather than a citing.

Interesting piece here comparing what Wood got away with to four recent similar infractions:
  • Toulon's Tomain Taofifenua kicking Ulster's Stuart Olding in the head while going for the ball in a 2014 Champions Cup game (3 week ban);
  • Ulster's Luke Marshall kicking Scarlets' Michael Tagicakibau while running by a ruck in a 2015 Pro 12 fixture (5 week ban)
  • Wasps' Nathan Hughes (famously) knocking out Northampton's George North with a kick in a 2105 Premiership game (initial 3 week ban)
  • Scarlets' Samson Lee collecting Harlequins' Danny Care's head with his boot in a 2013 game (2 week ban)
If this World Cup wasn't in England, I wonder if we'd have seen the last of Tom Wood for a while.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
Interesting piece here comparing what Wood got away with to four recent similar infractions:
  • Toulon's Tomain Taofifenua kicking Ulster's Stuart Olding in the head while going for the ball in a 2014 Champions Cup game (3 week ban);
  • Ulster's Luke Marshall kicking Scarlets' Michael Tagicakibau while running by a ruck in a 2015 Pro 12 fixture (5 week ban)
  • Wasps' Nathan Hughes (famously) knocking out Northampton's George North with a kick in a 2105 Premiership game (initial 3 week ban)
  • Scarlets' Samson Lee collecting Harlequins' Danny Care's head with his boot in a 2013 game (2 week ban)
If this World Cup wasn't in England, I wonder if we'd have seen the last of Tom Wood for a while.
Well, my oh my, suddenly Green and Gold has developed an interest in reckless kicks to the head!?!? And all the incidents in the article occurred in the NH. But, sure, iron fists Carter concussed a man with his hand and no foot was involved. Foreshortening????

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Running in to make a try-saving tackle and inadvertently hitting Senatore mid-stride is different from kicking out like Wood did

Anyway, I'll refrain from posting on this issue further after derailing the thread.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
Running in to make a try-saving tackle and inadvertently hitting Senatore mid-stride is different from kicking out like Wood did

Anyway, I'll refrain from posting on this issue further after derailing the thread.
"Try saving tackle"? Reckless is reckless even when it is two foot behind the try line. But I don't really care, Carter should only have received a warning/ yellow card anyway, not a ban; at least people are now acknowledging that something can be reckless, even if it isn't deliberate, and warrant investigation by the citing officer. Funny old world.

mxyzptlk

Colin Windon (37)
Well, my oh my, suddenly Green and Gold has developed an interest in reckless kicks to the head!?!? And all the incidents in the article occurred in the NH. But, sure, iron fists Carter concussed a man with his hand and no foot was involved. Foreshortening????

Not engaging. We've been through this already, and you were told enough already by the mods. Just let us know if we should ask the mods if this topic is worth regurgitating through a few more digital pages.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
In truth Ook is right choice and gives CH some flexibility in terms of more possible injuries. He'll play immediately. So we're looking at

Davies, Biggar, Jaw, Ook, North, cuthbert, Priestland

Then Anscombe on the bench with Brynmor's boy and Walker(?)

Not bad. Not bad at all considering

Status
Not open for further replies.