• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC: FIJ v WAL (Millenium): POOL A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harv

Herbert Moran (7)
No Nadolo, no Fiji win. Bummer. They deserve something, .. thought they'd pants Wales but will struggle without the rampaging big fella. He's a commanding presence even when he's not crushing people. Would be great to see Volavola have the breakout game he's due.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
This game will be closer than many people think. I believe that Wales will win, because they have more to play for, but Fiji have improved in the 15 man game in the past 4 years. They're better than Samoa at the moment IMO.

Omar Comin'

Chilla Wilson (44)
No Nadolo, no Fiji win. Bummer. They deserve something, .. thought they'd pants Wales but will struggle without the rampaging big fella. He's a commanding presence even when he's not crushing people. Would be great to see Volavola have the breakout game he's due.

It's a shame that Fiji have lost both their first choice wingers but if there's one position where Fiji have no problems with depth it's on the wing. They've just added Nagusa to the squad and he is another world class winger.

How Volavola performs is key for them really. He needs to move forward a lot more in attack. In the first 2 games he's been standing too deep and just shovelling the ball along.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
This game will be closer than many people think. I believe that Wales will win, because they have more to play for, but Fiji have improved in the 15 man game in the past 4 years. They're better than Samoa at the moment IMO.

Shades of 1991 you think?

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Nadolo is banned for 1 week.

Fucking Nadolo.

I desperately wanted England and Australia to advance past the group stages. It'd be good for the competition and I also think England is a better side than Wales (my parents are also English so theres that as well).

But for that to happen, Fiji need to win this game. Fucking Nadolo just had to go get himself suspended didn't he?

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Fucking Nadolo.

I desperately wanted England and Australia to advance past the group stages. It'd be good for the competition and I also think England is a better side than Wales (my parents are also English so theres that as well).

But for that to happen, Fiji need to win this game. Fucking Nadolo just had to go get himself suspended didn't he?
I'm dying for you to elaborate 1) how Wales going out would be better for the rwc and 2) how you work out that England are a better side

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
I think North has to stay on the wing. He actually doesn't look the sharpest, IMHO. Probably over playing in the rubbish English league has left a mark. The sooner he gets back to Llanelli on one of Roger's groundbreaking central contracts, the better for him and the Wale. Roger must have been having a wry smile to himself on Saturday, all the abuse from the self interested parties in Wales was worth it after all.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Heading to Cardiff for the match, where's good for pre-game pints and food?
You can't go far wrong with many of them. I like the old arcade. Kiwi bar in Wyndham arcade is an institution and it's just round the corner from chips and curry sauce in Caroline st. I read a really bad review of the queens vaults on gwlad and the prince of Wales. Get in at opening time or you might have to queue and some pubs are ticket only. Am jealous

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Wales: 1. Gethin Jenkins 2. Scott Baldwin 3. Tom Francis 4. Bradley Davies 5. Alun Wyn Jones 6. Dan Lydiate 7. Sam Warburton (c) 8. Taulupe Faletau 9. Gareth Davies 10. Dan Biggar 11, George North 12. Jamie Roberts 13. Tyler Morgan 14. Alex Cuthbert 15. Matthew Morgan
Replacements: 16. Ken Owens 17. Aaron Jarvis 18. Samson Lee 19. Luke Charteris 20. Justin Tipuric 21. Lloyd Williams 22. Rhys Priestland 23. James Hook

Coupla unfamiliar names in there, no doubt @cardiffblue can enlighten us.........

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Those are just 1 person's opinions. You'll find many disagreeing with him.

But many others agreeing. Not about Wales leaving. Not even about England leaving. But surely, SURELY, it's a fabulous story for Fiji to go through.

Hardly think I'm one of two here.

saulityvi

Syd Malcolm (24)
Wales: 1. Gethin Jenkins 2. Scott Baldwin 3. Tom Francis 4. Bradley Davies 5. Alun Wyn Jones 6. Dan Lydiate 7. Sam Warburton (c) 8. Taulupe Faletau 9. Gareth Davies 10. Dan Biggar 11, George North 12. Jamie Roberts 13. Tyler Morgan 14. Alex Cuthbert 15. Matthew Morgan
Replacements: 16. Ken Owens 17. Aaron Jarvis 18. Samson Lee 19. Luke Charteris 20. Justin Tipuric 21. Lloyd Williams 22. Rhys Priestland 23. James Hook

Coupla unfamiliar names in there, no doubt @cardiffblue can enlighten us...
Tyler Morgan is schoolboy, Matthew Morgan is the size of a schoolboy but very handy with the ball, anyone else?

Relance

Herbert Moran (7)
Home advantage for Wales. How would that game have gone on a neutral pitch? I'm sure if the score is close, there'll be a fair few within RFU regretting the decision to prioritize financial revenues.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Home advantage for Wales. How would that game have gone on a neutral pitch? I'm sure if the score is close, there'll be a fair few within RFU regretting the decision to prioritize financial revenues.
After initial momentary outrage I had a think about what would happen but it's actually a good question if orcland leave rwc before Qf. Haha

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
But many others agreeing. Not about Wales leaving. Not even about England leaving. But surely, SURELY, it's a fabulous story for Fiji to go through.

Hardly think I'm one of two here.
Don't wanna harp on but why on earth do you think 1) it would be better for rwc if England go through and 2) how England are the better side than Wales, which was the original point . Nothing to do with fiji

Status
Not open for further replies.