• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC FINAL - New Zealand vs France

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

WhoDaresWin

A lot of AB supporters justifying the 1 point win WHY You won, you'll be Champs untill 2015, then to win it you have to beat more than just the Sothern Hemispere teams, The teams up north are closing the gap,
The next WC, if the northern team can keep improving will be a real contest of more than just 3or 4 teams.:salute

"...teams up north are closing the gap..."

mate, we've been hearing that since 2003.

The more the north tries to close the gap, the more the south will widen it. It's a futile exercise.

Dai bando

Charlie Fox (21)
Those of us that new better kept such statments to ourselves, I genuinely feel that the systems in place now are finaly bringing the cream to the top, Our WC team had 11 players under 25, many in their early 20s, one, only in his teens, there are many more coming through what now is a system that for once is starting to work,
A lot of the things in place today are due largely to two NZers, Graham Henry being the first Steve Hansen being the second,
We still have a parochial club culture that could still be our undoing, but the signs are there, You're right of course in the past any improvments we make is surpassed by the Sothern teams,
I have always believed we've had the skills, our physicality has let us down in past years. now I think we can hold our own with anyone on that par.
We still have much to learn, winning close games in particular, But we now enter games thinking we can win, we no longer hope the score will be kept respectable,

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Excellent post Dai in relation to Wales. England were a huge disappointment and so were France except in the most important game. Ireland played above their poor form in the last 12 months but 2 defensive errors in the QF and they were on the plane home. Scotland are tough and the backs will have a go but they have poor player depth.

But Wales excelled until the 3rd/4th game.

I think Wales will shock the Wobs when we play there next month. They nearly did it last time, 12 months ago, when they were ahead everywhere except on the scoreboard. Oz has a lot of players out including 7 of their top starting players from the RWC squad and I remember a game when Oz had 8 of the same level of players out, though this time mostly by choice, and Samoa beat us at home.

But this is the NZ v. France thread? Excuuuuse me.

GreenFrogg

Bob McCowan (2)
I had read with a great interest this topic. But i haven't comment about that, it's to anyone to find his own truth
I'm only disappointed in fact i can't found any nz official congratulations for French performance, none of nz staff, none players. Have you see any in yours media ?

For a little culture moment : Joubert is a french name but not a french word, the nearest word is "jobard" in french slang, approximately sucker, credulous or crazy, decerebrate. In this case for bikers for example, we have a famous comics call the "Joe bar team" about bikers which is a true apology of bad faith

joe-bar-team-L-13.jpeg

At what speed we drive ? - i'll say about 50-55 kmh - no more

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Love the cartoon! I'd love to ride in Europe, although I'll have to practice my French so I can say I was only going 55! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.