• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC QF 4 AUS v SCO (Twickenham) 19th Oct 0200 AEDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
Nope. Decisions go for and against you throughout matches and seasons. Learn to love the game.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
You either have technology and use it or you don't have it and don't. As it happens I think these things do balance out and I would rather not have any technology at all but to not use it when you have it makes the game look stupid. The late tackle on Hogg not being looked at compounds the sense that Joubert and the TMO lost control. I don't have an agenda here, as Highlander will tell you I remain livid with the Scots for their treachery over European rugby, but credit to him he has been a lot more gracious than I suspect many people would be were the situation to have been reversed.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
It is a shame about Sio.

I am all for letting he scrum stay collapsed if no pressure is being applied to allow the ball to come out if it is already at the back but is this the reason for his injury?

If the whistle was blown would he have had less pressure and less injury?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Just browsing the fox rugby hq news and saw their player ratings..not sure I was watching the same game as whoever put that piece of crap together as they gave Foley an 8/10. Apparently "Iceman" is our bloody savior. As much as I don't want to start a shit fight I thought Foley had a shocking game and if it was anyone else they wouldn't be starting next week.
He kicked poorly in the first half and gave away a try with his silly chip kick that was charged down.

Most of his other play was pretty good.

He certainly wasn't an 8. I'd say a 5.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Any further posts from the 'Veitchy on Sport' page will result in an instant ban. You have been warned.

(;) Just joking. But that page is a cesspool).

TBH didn't even realise it had been posted to his page. I just saw it posted on another message board and relayed -- for the sake of trolling discussion.

Alex

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Didn't watch the game, but I've read about the contentious -- to say the least -- penalty. Not sure if it's been posted before, but this is, apparently, an alternative angle:

https://www.facebook.com/812080645/videos/10156184445495646/

Let me preface this by saying that no one one is bigger critic of Joubert than me - he should not be reffing international rugby, as evidenced by his card of Maitland.

That said, looking at that closely (nothing more sophisticated than pressing play and pause as quickly as I can) that looks to me like the blue 7 went for the ball, he touched it with his right hand, but not is left hand, which had the effect of the ball going forward (albeit backwards from him as he was facing backwards). Phipps tried to get his hands to it but it hit him in the chest/chin without him getting a hand on it, then went behind him, where it was caught by the Scottish player. The only way that I can see that decision being wrong is if Phipps got a hand on the ball, but I can't see that he did?

Alex

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Given the ref invective I am reluctant to bring this up - but anyone know why Horne's try was allowed. If he was not part of the ruck he was an absolute mile offside. If he was part of the ruck, I don't understand how he could have picked the ball up. Anyone know?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I think the crux of the decision if Joubert is in the right is that Phipps went to tackle the player, not play at the ball.

The ball coming forward off the Scottish player and then touching Phipps who doesn't play at it and then it is played intentionally by the Scottish player in an offside position is correctly a penalty.

If Phipps did play at the ball then the penalty is incorrect.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
You know, you can fuck right off with your generalisations. If you have an issue with one person, direct it, don't paint everyone with the same brush.
You really ought to engage your brain before you post more often.

Cyclo, i have read several similar generalisations from moderators about Reds fans lately and you don't care this much.

Reactions: gel

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Scotland did so well but the whinging is a shame. That Penalty, which was correct, wasn't the reason Scotland lost. Letting 5 tries in was the reason. Scotland scored 2 lucky against the play tries and Foley left points on the field with the boot. Also that was probably the worst performance from us at the world cup. Let's hope we bounce back next week

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
It drizzled for about 10 minutes :p

The rain late in the game was almost de ju vu of Newcastle game and was thinking this was a bad omen.

Luckily we won the game and commiserations to Scotland as they out scrummed us and out pococked us. If that last lineout win for them was only clean ball we might well be looking at Scotland vs Argentina. Sometimes you need that stroke of luck to win the big close games so will take it as many times we have been the unlucky loser in close games.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Scotland did so well but the whinging is a shame. That Penalty, which was correct, wasn't the reason Scotland lost. Letting 5 tries in was the reason. Scotland scored 2 lucky against the play tries and Foley left points on the field with the boot. Also that was probably the worst performance from us at the world cup. Let's hope we bounce back next week

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

You're taking the piss right?! You think the whinging about the ref is a shame?!? YOU?!? There is hardly a Wallaby/Force loss that doesn't see you complaining about the ref.

There was nothing 'lucky' or 'against the play' in any of the Scots tries but plenty of 'rub of the green' coming from Joubert for the Wallabies.

Status
Not open for further replies.