• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC: SAM v SCO (Newcastle): POOL B

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dene

Frank Nicholson (4)
Foxtel's facebook page going nuts over the foxtel play outage. Currently watching an español stream at $50 a month wasted.

Omar Comin'

Chilla Wilson (44)
Very silly from that Samoan guy holding back Laidlaw. It's not like he was ever going to stop the try. Just a stupid way to turn 7 points into 3.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I'm in two minds about who I want to win.

I always enjoy going for the underdog and if Samoa do win, much more likely everyone's 2nd favourite team, Japan will go through to the QFs.

But after this viewing, I'd much rather Australia face Scotland (if they beat Wales).

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
What a surprise, Samoa produce their best performance of the Tournament so far.

They look significantly more physically farked though. Should run over the top especially with Wilson back on and them a lock down early.

Omar Comin'

Chilla Wilson (44)
I'm in two minds about who I want to win.

I always enjoy going for the underdog and if Samoa do win, much more likely everyone's 2nd favourite team, Japan will go through to the QFs.

But after this viewing, I'd much rather Australia face Scotland (if they beat Wales).

I think we'd beat either Scotland or Japan without too much trouble. Japan making the quarters would be incredible.

However Samoa should be winning this game easily and are only up by 3. And Scotland are a 2nd half team.

Omar Comin'

Chilla Wilson (44)
What a surprise, Samoa produce their best performance of the Tournament so far.

They look significantly more physically farked though. Should run over the top especially with Wilson back on and them a lock down early.

Best attacking performance but their discipline is just as bad as ever. Scotland would be well behind if Samoa's discipline was anything other than terrible. And that first try they gave away was just so so stupid. You're lucky to be in the game really.

So I think you'll win too but who knows! A lot on the line for Scotland so the pressure could get to them. And Samoa look like scoring just about every time they get the ball.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Foxtel's facebook page going nuts over the foxtel play outage. Currently watching an español stream at $50 a month wasted.

People have a right to be pissed..........

It's an overpriced, unreliable, STANDARD DEFINITION service..........

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Luck is rubbish. We've been "lucky" to be in the game for every one so far. We consistently don't get the reward at the breakdown either.

The Samoans are as soft in defence as we are, they were 19/30 for successful tackles, so if the lines get sorted out, we'll make a lot of breaks.

Omar Comin'

Chilla Wilson (44)
Well your first try was certainly lucky. Your lucky Samoa did something stupid to have their last try disallowed. That's 14 points difference right there that had virtually nothing to do with good play from Scotland.

And agreed that they are just as vulnerable in defence. But I think Scotland would do better just to tighten everything up. Playing an up tempo wide game with Samoa is very risky!

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Well your first try was certainly lucky. Your lucky Samoa did something stupid to have their last try disallowed. That's 14 points difference right there that had virtually nothing to do with good play from Scotland.

And agreed that they are just as vulnerable in defence. But I think Scotland would do better just to tighten everything up. Playing an up tempo wide game with Samoa is very risky!
Disagree with the 1st try. Seymour scores far too many intercept tries for that to be anything but skill.

Omar Comin'

Chilla Wilson (44)
Well they threw a massive cut out pass 5 metres out from their line with no overlap. That is just stupid and IMO Scotland are lucky Samoa did something so stupid!!

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
There were about 4 penalties against Samoa at that scrum and Peyper pays none of them. Luckily they knocked on, and we win the penalty from the next one.

Status
Not open for further replies.