• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC Week 4 matches

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Sully, is it the case though between the last round robin games and the QFs? Haven't looked at the upcoming program, but I'd be surprised if any of the QFs were scheduled to occur mid-week.
You have to have a consistent rule for all pool games though. You can't reschedule these games if you wouldn't have done the same for the Scotland v Russia game (say) played on Wednesday, with a four day turn around for the Scots

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
An easy fix might have been to have no games scheduled for 7 or 8 days before the QFs when any pool games could have been rescheduled if postponed earlier.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
An easy fix might have been to have no games scheduled for 7 or 8 days before the QFs when any pool games could have been rescheduled if postponed earlier.
It's have to be more like 10 days wouldn't it?

Again, assume Scotland Russia was impacted. You'd have to wait 5 days after Scotland Japan and 5 until the QF to give the players a reasonable chance to recover.

World Cup can't have a 10 day gap between pools and QF

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ last I heard they weren't anticipating any issues with Wales v Uruguay, it was only ever the two they've now cancelled & Scroteland v Japan that were in jeopardy.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Yeah just talked to a Welsh friend who is in Japan right now and she says it will be wet but OK. I really want that Sco v Japan game to go ahead though.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Nic Berry sounding like a used car salesman, "I've been able to lower it to a yellow card." Unfortunately, the framework means Berry has to hand out a card (or WR (World Rugby) will hang him out to dry) but he's done his best to make sure he doesn't give a game ruining red. Give this man a final to referee.

Shaker

Ron Walden (29)
The framework has to be looked at. Thats great tackling technique but because the Irish player drops so low its penalised? What stops players dropping constantly into contact?

S

Show-n-go

Framework is absolute crap, if that Samoan squatted any lower to tackle he would have fallen over

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Not that the referee has a whole lot of choice given he's just following the directive of world rugby but that red card was an absolute load of BS.

I like that Ireland have actually played with more intent this game despite the odd wayward pass. Angry that they'll have to shelf that intent now that they're a man down.

P

Pokinacha

Considering he had given the yellow before when Lam had perfect technique, he had to give a red as Aki belted the Samoan 10 with no technique

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
I see the refs hands are tied given the yellow earlier. My beef is with the rulings. The first samoan yellow should not of even been a penalty imo but again the referees are just doing as they're told.

I think this referee has done a pretty good job.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Another game, two more yellows and a red to islanders. It will be interesting to see what mitigating factors WR (World Rugby) find to allow Aki to take his place in the finals though

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Another game, two more yellows and a red to islanders. It will be interesting to see what mitigating factors WR (World Rugby) find to allow Aki to take his place in the finals though

Piers Francis Precedent. You wait.