• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

S14 Predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Crusaders are a chance to come well back in the pack, and may fall into the bottom four by the end of the season.

Chiefs may feature there too if they can't get some consistency. They look poor. So to the Force with the same old forward problems. And the Brumbies are a chance of the bottom four yet with their real lack of a quality 9 and 10 starting to show.

All in all I think that the bottom four is more open than the top four.

Bottom four contenders for me:
Brumbies
Force
Reds
Chiefs
Crusaders
Highlanders
Cheetahs*
Lions*

* definite

Top four:
Tahs
Bulls
Sharks
Blues
Hurricanes

Blues and Hurricanes are both smokeys for me. I'm prepared to write the Stormers off to a mid table position. The only bottom 4 contender that I can see making a real play for the finals is the Chiefs. Tahs will fall away by the end of the season if they don't fix their game plan as they will not have a plan B if they take some forward injuries.

R

Rugby Rat

Hurricanes and Cheifs the pick of the NZers.

Highlanders the smokey. Their pack is extremely competitive against all teams. Leota to come back ( Unsure how long he's out for) , Cowen and Bowden solid as is Dagg. ATM I would have to rate them equal to the Blues.

Saafers still only sharks and Bulls.

Aussie teams... Tahs should contest the finals. Brumbies/Force/Reds all possible not probable.

Most likely

1. Sharks
2. Hurricanes
3. Waratahs
4. Bulls or Blues.

4th is a lottery.

R

Rugby Rat

PaarlBok said:
Rugby Rat said:
Canes
Sharks
Cheifs
Hopefully Tahs...
Broer I hope you dont gamble on that top four. In my books the Brutes have the best change to top the log.
Don't mean to offend but there were 3 SAAFER officials for the Cheifs game and I saw every low cheating possible by the Bulls.

3 points for Penalty for a non lineout indiscretion, a forward pass leading to a try, backing away in the scrum, constant ruck infringements penalised only by a free kick when there should have been a card, attacking a man on the ground ( Very cowardly) incorrect line out throws to mention a few.

The better side lost.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Rugby Rat said:
PaarlBok said:
Rugby Rat said:
Canes
Sharks
Cheifs
Hopefully Tahs...
Broer I hope you dont gamble on that top four. In my books the Brutes have the best change to top the log.
Don't mean to offend but there were 3 SAAFER officials for the Cheifs game and I saw every low cheating possible by the Bulls.

3 points for Penalty for a non lineout indiscretion, a forward pass leading to a try, backing away in the scrum, constant ruck infringements penalised only by a free kick when there should have been a card, attacking a man on the ground ( Very cowardly) incorrect line out throws to mention a few.

The better side lost.
Broer tip from me, never ever critizise a ref if the team you hate is on the wrong side of the ledger. You make one big mistake if you think I am a Brute supporter. They are our arc enemy from way back when rugby was still rugby. ::)

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Rugby Rat said:
PaarlBok said:
Rugby Rat said:
Canes
Sharks
Cheifs
Hopefully Tahs...

The better side lost.

Now you're just being silly.

R

Rugby Rat

Blue said:
Rugby Rat said:
PaarlBok said:
Rugby Rat said:
Canes
Sharks
Cheifs
Hopefully Tahs...

The better side lost.

And you blind.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Rugby Rat said:
Blue said:
Rugby Rat said:
PaarlBok said:
Rugby Rat said:
Canes
Sharks
Cheifs
Hopefully Tahs...

The better side lost.

And you blind.

I haven't seen the match. I assumed Fox sports would broadcast it again on Wednesday but they showed all the games except this one.

Regardless I would say you're overreacting and I'm probably right.

The Bulls push the limits but your your hysteria is a bit over the top.

R

Rugby Rat

PaarlBok said:
Rugby Rat said:
PaarlBok said:
Rugby Rat said:
Canes
Sharks
Cheifs
Hopefully Tahs...

The better side lost.
Broer tip from me, never ever critizise a ref if the team you hate is on the wrong side of the ledger. You make one big mistake if you think I am a Brute supporter. They are our arc enemy from way back when rugby was still rugby. ::)
I was neutral. My team , the reds could cheat all day and still lose by 50. It does seem that the Bulls will be found wanting under different circumstances. The Chiefs unlucky not to be top.

R

Rugby Rat

Blue said:
Scarfman said:
Wel, I'm glad we sorted that out.

Mind your own bus....oh shit it's the boss ;D
LOL. I will say the presentation of the coverage was the best of NZ, Australia and South Africa. The stats, tables etc... was very good. SA rugby is very exciting and the Blue Bull supporters a patriotic lot.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Rugby Rat said:
LOL. I will say the presentation of the coverage was the best of NZ, Australia and South Africa. The stats, tables etc... was very good. SA rugby is very exciting and the Blue Bull supporters a patriotic lot.
Well thats the reason I love those Brutes. Wont get better then that lot. Love those rings and horns and the chear meisies, they are a exmaple for every single S14 franchise. Only our Newlands lot can outnumber them but for pure passion for the game, forget it.

My small kid practise rugby in a WP jersey and wants a other one now. Ask him whats wrong he said the Brute supporter kids dishing it out on the practise field. Love that. :lmao:

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Rugby Rat said:
Blue said:
Scarfman said:

Talking about supporters, I know just the girl for you. She's been silently reading the Scarf and she tells me she has the hots for you. Must be the gnomes in your avatar. I hear her specialty these days is to make them disappear.

On your next visit to Pretoria, look her up.

BlouBul.jpg

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Ok, ok, enough of the fun. RR is a massive troller. His team isn't the Reds. Or the Highlanders. Or the Force. He's just after a reaction...

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Scarfy, can you delete that picture below. :p
I just had breakfast, and it is in danger of escaping!

R

Rugby Rat

Ash said:
Ok, ok, enough of the fun. RR is a massive troller. His team isn't the Reds. Or the Highlanders. Or the Force. He's just after a reaction...
My team is the Reds and no I wasn't fishing. I hope the Bulls get rolled and the Tahs make the 4.
Also I would ask anyone to watch the whole Chiefs/ Bulls game and tell me if I was wrong. Lots of blatent indiscretions by the Bulls. Watch them pull back as the scrum is about to pack. lol
Watch the forward pass. Watch the lineout "interferance" call. and many other viewing pleasures. Watch the bullet line out( unpenalised) throw a 1/2 metre off the middle to the Bull's advantage. Not that the Bulls were not kicking the Chief's lineout. That is what is so funny. Particularly the Chief's winning one against the throw ( Poor throw) only have the Bulls and Bull's ref have a cry and penalise Messum for winning the ball.
Pffttt...

R

Rugby Rat

Blue said:
Rugby Rat said:
Blue said:
Scarfman said:

Talking about supporters, I know just the girl for you. She's been silently reading the Scarf and she tells me she has the hots for you. Must be the gnomes in your avatar. I hear her specialty these days is to make them disappear.

On your next visit to Pretoria, look her up.

BlouBul.jpg
Doe she bring her own flour ?

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Rugby Rat said:
Ash said:
My team is the Reds and no I wasn't fishing. I hope the Bulls get rolled and the Tahs make the 4.
Also I would ask anyone to watch the whole Chiefs/ Bulls game and tell me if I was wrong. Lots of blatent indiscretions by the Bulls. Watch them pull back as the scrum is about to pack. lol
Watch the forward pass. Watch the lineout "interferance" call. and many other viewing pleasures. Watch the bullet line out( unpenalised) throw a 1/2 metre off the middle to the Bull's advantage. Not that the Bulls were not kicking the Chief's lineout. That is what is so funny. Particularly the Chief's winning one against the throw ( Poor throw) only have the Bulls and Bull's ref have a cry and penalise Messum for winning the ball.
Pffttt...

Can someone please translate.

Status
Not open for further replies.