• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

S18 on its way

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
One thing SA is doing well is developing the game globally. We understand growing the game internally and do assist our neighbours like Namibia and Zimbabwe. Also play a massive role in developing rugby in Argentina over a long period of time. Think our lot understand it very well taking it to the roots and developing where its needed. Australia and NZ can learn this from SA.

T

TOCC

New Zealand have been very active on the global development front, arguably more so then South Africa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
New Zealand have been very active on the global development front, arguably more so then South Africa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dont see their neighbour countries playing in their competitions. Namibia and Zimbabwe play from u13 to senior level in SA provincial competitions.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
NZ do some work in the Pacific, but at least some of it is self-serving and used as a recruitment tool.
Recruitment like in poaching?

Saru's biggest drive come in youth provincial competitions
SARU
2015 SARU Youth Week dates and venues:
•Coca-Cola Under-13 Craven Week – 29 June to 3 July - Mpumalanga RU at Hoërskool Rob Ferreira, White River
•Coca-Cola Under-16 Grant Khomo Week – July 6 to 9 - South Western Districts RU at Bridgton Sports Grounds, Oudtshoorn
•Coca-Cola Under-18 Academy Week – July 6 to 10 - Valke RU at Isak Steyl Stadium in Vanderbijlpark
•Coca-Cola Under-18 Craven Week – July 13 to 18 - Western Province RFU at Paul Roos Gymnasium, Stellenbosch
•LSEN Week – 29 June to 2 July - Boland RU at HTS Drostdy, Worcester
LSEN = The LSEN Week started in 1980. The special educational needs include impaired eyesight, impaired hearing, academic problems and epilepsy. A SA LSEN team is chosen after the week to participate in the Academy Week.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
This youth competition plus, our CC u19/21/div1/premier plus vodacom is the heart of SA rugby. Thdey produce the most important part (players) and the heart of our rugby. We share our heart with our neighbours to spread the game like we do in the S15 with NZ & Australia.

Sad the NH eat our heart out lately. Thats why I predict we not that far of join the NH competitions. The are busy poaching our heart.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Recruitment like in poaching?

Saru's biggest drive come in youth provincial competitions
SARU

LSEN = The LSEN Week started in 1980. The special educational needs include impaired eyesight, impaired hearing, academic problems and epilepsy. A SA LSEN team is chosen after the week to participate in the Academy Week.

I'm not sure what you're replying to. My post #486 was talking about NZ and your reply seems to suggest that I was talking about South Africa. Either you've misunderstood my post or I've misunderstood yours.:)

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
I'm not sure what you're replying to. My post #486 was talking about NZ and your reply seems to suggest that I was talking about South Africa. Either you've misunderstood my post or I've misunderstood yours.:)
No probs. Poaching and recruitment is the same thing, spelled differently. ;)

SA have many Namibians/Zimbabweans playing in our structures, we dont poach only at the top, invest/develope in them from youth levels. We even have England /Irish players joining our Rugby Academies. You'll find schools like Windhoek Gymnasium and many from Zimbabwe playing in our easter schoolboy competitions.

T

TOCC

Dont see their neighbour countries playing in their competitions. Namibia and Zimbabwe play from u13 to senior level in SA provincial competitions.

So is that the only possible thing a country can do to assist their neighbours, is have them play in their local competitions? Tyranny of distance in the pacific islands is a lot more prohibitive then it is to travel between Zimbabwe/Namibia and South Africa.

The All Blacks are actually playing a test match against Samoa in Samoa in 2015, that will be a massive boost for rugby union in the country, arguably the biggest event in the past 20years.

Fiji, Samoa and Tonga play in the Pacific Rugby Cup against Australian and New Zealand Super Rugby teams, rotating between an Australian, Kiwi and Pacific Islands series.

New Zealand regularly send development tours for the New Zealand Maori over to play in Japan, again a boost for the development of rugby in this country.. And i think the NZRU contribution to the development of rugby in the USA has been well documented.

So yes, the NZRU are doing things to assist their neighbours, its not just South Africa. ARU are also helping, admittedly not nearly as much as they ought to be.

Mank

Ted Thorn (20)
That is not saying that South Africa has nothing to offer, obviously it does as a great rugby nation. The arrogance of the Union is epitomised in the comments here.

Erm....

For Super Rugby to progress the SA Union needs to know its place

These two statements are pretty ironic don't you think?

I am not sure how we can proceed to debate if you resort to statements like this. For the mods, please note that LeinsterRebel has started every single one of these antagonistic statements. We're supposed to ignore them to keep things civil but at the same time I think his views deserve to be commented on because they are inflammatory and misleading. I don't think any SA poster on here is doing blanket labelling of their partners like this.

If SA really were what he says, head of the table, entitled, whatever, then why did we sacrifice much at the last two rounds of negotiations? Why when we now, this time around, ask for just a single concession (the extra side) are we labelled as the arrogant ones?

and it is most certainly not at the head of the table. They should be grateful to have a seat at the table and should work collaboratively with the other unions for the good of the game and the good of the competition.

Once again, please prove me wrong that you are not biased as well as ignorant and state how we have previously not worked collaboratively and how SA were the arrogant entitled partners? You should be able to list the demands and gains we had in the last few rounds of negotiations easily enough. Stick to facts and things become clearer.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
so 2016 sees Japan and Argies into SA conference. That is coming up fast
Do they even have a name or a jersey or players or a stadium yet? Pre-season starts in about 7 months!

"Tokyo Blade Runners"?

"Tokyo Rising Sons"?

backview.jpg

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
so 2016 sees Japan and Argies into SA conference. That is coming up fast
Do they even have a name or a jersey or players or a stadium yet? Pre-season starts in about 7 months!

"Tokyo Blade Runners"?

"Tokyo Rising Sons"?

backview.jpg

I seriously hope that they do not use anything like that for a Jersey. That flag should not be anywhere near any competition involving the ANZAC nations (or any other SE Asian country)

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
I seriously hope that they do not use anything like that for a Jersey. That flag should not be anywhere near any competition involving the ANZAC nations (or any other SE Asian country)

haha, I would secretly love it if they TOTALLY embraced their brutal wartime past for the comp. Summoned the spirit of Burma '37 etc. Rising sun flag blood-red warrior uniforms, compulsory team-issue kamikaze rising sun team bandanas, final shots of sake before they donned their kamikaze jerseys for the last time, the whole fuckin' nine yards.

Plus it would piss the other team off so much that every match with The Tokyo Korea Annexation Rising Sun Murder Blazers XV in it would be one long massive stoush!

Status
Not open for further replies.