• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

School sporting scholarships/recruitment

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Not sure about the altitude thingee, but I have observed in business life that the more you pay a Consultant, the more likely they are to tell you precisely what you want to hear.

If you want big eggs, and are prepared to pay handsomely for such, then the high priced help will certainly find eggs of ostrich proportions for you.

whatever

Darby Loudon (17)
Shite, this is getting weird.

First, we have a poster outing him or herself (RealSimonPhillips) as a multiple personality disorder patient ie: Sybil's disease.

And we have Dodgyknee continue with the incoherent ravings, but he adds to this by replying to his own posts.

Maybe, it is time for a "bex and a good lie down" or for the Gen Y's an "ecky and a good rave".:cool:

And us tykes are still looked down upon for saying "haitch" and not the masonic "aitch"; the world is just not fair.:p

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
@whatever, you are too hard on all Papists.

I'm pretty sure that the Haitch outbreak has been contained to NSW.

The QLD Cattle Ticks speak normally, albeit a little slower than the rest of the civilised world.

The Multi-Denominational Committee of God Botherers (NSW Chapter) has confirmed that the Haitch outbreak has crossed the religious divide, but they have been successful in quaranitining most of the AAGPS schools, and about 1/2 the CAS schools. Success has been reported from within St Pats Strathfield that the "Haitch" has rolled back in isolated pockets within that community.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
@RealSimonPhillips

And your point on posting the Linked In photographs is?

Those chaps seem a little too old to be on Scholarship.

If you are one of the Irritated Heavy Hitters of the Rugby Underworld, then bloody well extract digit and fix up the real problems with Australian rugby, starting with the ARU finances and balance sheet.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I think someone should put up aagps website, so you can see al results . I can see why some schools have given up with less results. Think I also enjoyed the Scots 2013 ruby firsts video, great running rugby, can't say I enjoyed the newington highlights- just a comment. I love watching fantastic rugby videos.
Or we could just google AAGPS and look up the results on the website. It's not that hard.

At least you've finally admitted that you're a true blue Scots supporter, rather than a disinterested observer seeking to right wrongs and protect the weak and innocent.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Dr Donaldson was approached because of his distinguished 24-year career as Principal of Scotch College in Melbourne, National Chair of the Association of Heads of Independent Schools of Australia (AHISA), Chairman of the Associated Public Schools of Victoria and President of the Victorian Schools Rugby Union.

http://www.scotch.vic.edu.au/senior-school/sport/sporting-scholarships.aspx

Scots College should have invited someone who does not support and promote sporting scholarships.
And he'd never met Dr Lamber either apparently.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
If you are paying the bills, and drafting the terms of reference, why would you invite the foxes into the chook run to help you pick up the eggs from the laying box?
To his credit, I don't think Dr Lambert has ever referred to it as an "independent review", he's always used the term "external review" as far as I can recall.

So people shouldn't mistake this review as being independent.

Surfs Up

Bob McCowan (2)
@ realsimonphillips what you have done in outing people is untrue. This is a RUGBY forum, hence they can not be Grammar Old Boys unless they are lost, Maybe found themselves here looking for ATAR rankings.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
@ realsimonphillips what you have done in outing people is untrue. This is a RUGBY forum, hence they can not be Grammar Old Boys unless they are lost, Maybe found themselves here looking for ATAR rankings.
You're talking to ghosts.
And you are probably wrong.