• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Scotland v Australia 12Nov16 Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The Skelton YC is at 0:47 in the clip:

Definite Yellow, could easily have been Red & worthy of some time off. I'd say 2-3 weeks but it's World Rugby doing the sanctioning so anything from exoneration upwards is possible.........

the sabanator

Ron Walden (29)
The stupidity of the Skelton incident is just mind boggling

1. We had a penalty, and a potential card, for Laidlaw being blatantly offside
2. There was never even a hint of using his arms
3. He was from the side anyway
4. Gray, who had a fantastic game, wasn't doing anything anyway and was completely defenceless
5. The ruck was f***ing over

Let alone the time of the game and the score situation

tragic

John Solomon (38)
We were very lucky to get away with that one. I'll take it but I do feel for Scotland.
There were games this year against England we deserved to win more than that one.
My biggest fear coming into this game was that we would have another comfortable win and Cheika would think he had the magic combination, only to to be found wanting again against England (and Ireland) for the same reasons as earlier in the year.
We won't win against either of those sides with the team and performance from last night.
We need to find more tries from the visits into the opposition 22, better exit strategies from our own 22 (which was essentially a penalty or a try last night) and to shore up our defence. Too many soft tries this year.
And we still are still lacking in the collisions with two open sides.
Despite the optimism after a good win against a poor Welsh side, I don't think much has changed.
Our current ranking is unfortunately about right.

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Pressure creates errors in the line.
Guys throwing hail Mary's at the end of a line break, is down to poor decisions, not pressure.

I disagree. When teams get frantic and desperate they make poor decisions. Look at the ABs against Ireland in the final 10.

You get stressed and think "Fuck we've really got to score soon", make a half break and throw a silly pass without thinking about it.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
I disagree. When teams get frantic and desperate they make poor decisions. Look at the ABs against Ireland in the final 10.

You get stressed and think "Fuck we've really got to score soon", make a half break and throw a silly pass without thinking about it.
Ok, but our hail Mary's weren't in the last 10 minutes.
There was plenty of time, to recycle and go again.
Pressure is a two way street.
How do we build pressure on them,if we throw the ball away in attacking situations?
These weren't 50/50 balls, they were wildly speculative passes.

PeterK

Alfred Walker (16)
The reason Hodge doesn't taking clearing kicks is because he's way slower to kick and whilst he can belt the fuck out of it, can't really direct it at all.

Also, for TK's missed tackle. Someone mentioned it was equally DHP's fault. Not a chance, as soon as TK leaves the line DHP is forced into either trying to cover two men if he misses (which he did) or stick to his man. Once TK flops off like a fish DHP has two men and has to make a very difficult covering tackle on his inside. TKs fault all day.

Agree not DHP's fault at all.

On the kicking Hodge has the same issue as Folau. Both kick a lot further than Foley but both take too long and neither are that accurate.
Mind you Foley kicks too low and thus is charged down often.

PeterK

Alfred Walker (16)
My biggest issue is that the attack reverted to being predictable again with the exception of the Hodge try which was marvelous.

Why wasn't the high kicks to DHP and Folau tried more.
Why wasn't Foley doing little short kicks behind the rushing defense with chasers coming through like he did against Wales.

Kev

Herbert Moran (7)
The stupidity of the Skelton incident is just mind boggling

1. We had a penalty, and a potential card, for Laidlaw being blatantly offside
2. There was never even a hint of using his arms
3. He was from the side anyway
4. Gray, who had a fantastic game, wasn't doing anything anyway and was completely defenceless
5. The ruck was f***ing over

Let alone the time of the game and the score situation

It's insane when you realise he was paid $10,000 for that 'performance' (match payment).

Worse still is that he is getting flown around Europe business class and staying at luxury hotels when he contributes absolutely jack shit.

Teh Other Dave

Alan Cameron (40)
I suspect Skelton may spend some time out of the game. The shot was late, with no arms. He could have done serious injury to Gray, threatening his livelihood. Talk of the game going soft is rubbish, I'd like to see anyone who believes otherwise try to stop players like Gray or Kuridrani. The game is rightly trying to eliminate cheap shots like Skelton's.

Twoilms

Trevor Allan (34)
And errors create pressure.

Passing to a Scottish defender or throwing a no-look Hail Mary pass isn't from pressure, it's over excitement/poor composure.

Even Cheika has come out and said the players weren't mentally In the game..
Always, always underestimate scotland. Even though they havent been shit for a while now

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
The bulk of the blame for this debacle and near-miss IMO goes to the coaching staff who found a way against Wales to deal effectively with the rush defence (albeit one many of us have been crying out for for months), and then proceeded to ignore it and let the Scots rush us safe in the knowledge the Wallabies weren't going to try anything except running rugby.

I don't think I've ever been so disillusioned with a Wallabies coach as I am now. Cheika has an exceptionally talented squad at his disposal and he insists in misusing it, both in terms of selections and in terms of game plans.

Status
Not open for further replies.