• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Scotland v Australia 12Nov16 Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Yeah but TKs defence is better, although he had a shocking miss this game.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yes but given how solid TK usually been on defence - and criticism more on lack of threat in attack I think most would forgive TK for that bad miss. His try was a good one so I am back on the TK band wagon.

Speight being targeted for high ball....on last nights game showed why.....he tried to get involved but unlike DHP where he is the master of being johnny on the spot Speight struggles to really make his mark on the game.

Hodge had a mixed game but showing more likely will continue to improve in 12 position so no change there.

The big thing for me was in terms of at the breakdown Pocock was everywhere. What a talent to be able to play 6,7 and 8.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
We lost a very key player in Coleman at the beginning of the match and if it were not for a bounce of the ball (Huw Jones' first try) or pathetic one-on-one tackle attempts (Huw Jones' second try) or an individual brainfart (Skelton - it shouldn't happen again as he shouldn't be selected again) the game could've been very different.

Geez Micheal, ok mate the Wallabies should of really won by 20-30 points;).
C'mon it was fair points result, perhaps we should be prepared to say Scotland played well, and Wallabies played slightly better, and so won by a point!

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Geez Micheal, ok mate the Wallabies should of really won by 20-30 points;).
C'mon it was fair points result, perhaps we should be prepared to say Scotland played well, and Wallabies played slightly better, and so won by a point!

In that post I literally said "Scotland played much better than Wales did" and I've congratulated Scotland for their performance elsewhere.

I'd suggest the Wallabies didn't outplay Scotland at all, but what I was suggesting is that the Wallabies didn't play terribly last night, it was just a few things that went against us and these were primarily caused by the great defensive and offensive efforts from Scotland.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
In that post I literally said "Scotland played much better than Wales did" and I've congratulated Scotland for their performance elsewhere.

I'd suggest the Wallabies didn't outplay Scotland at all, but what I was suggesting is that the Wallabies didn't play terribly last night, it was just a few things that went against us and these were primarily caused by the great defensive and offensive efforts from Scotland.

Yep fair enough mate, I kind of realised you weren't making excuses, but couldn't resist with the way it read.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
It was a terrific game.
But against the number 7 ranked team in the world. And there was nothing between the two sides.
It's still one step forwards 2 steps back.
Pleased to get the win but lots of improvement needed

I did comment way back at the start of the season that we were about the same level as Scotland and Argentina.:)

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
I think one take-away from this is that big Tevita must be considered un-droppable for the foreseeable future. Always a handful and a hero try.

Yes a lifesaver, but Needs to improve his defence. As does the 12

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
Yes a lifesaver, but Needs to improve his defence. As does the 12

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tevita made 10 tackles and missed 1. Hodge made 9 tackles. Yes they missed a crucial tackle but hardly fair to say poor defence. One more thing to those saying Speight had a poor game. He had the highest run metres at 58m; Kuridrani at 57 and Hodge at 56. Izzy made 29m and people are rating him as having a great game. Speight also made some crucial tackles and hits rucks like a forward. To say he had a poor game is going a little far. He spilt one high ball. Anyone would think he took someone's head off.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Tevita made 10 tackles and missed 1. Hodge made 9 tackles. Yes they missed a crucial tackle but hardly fair to say poor defence. One more thing to those saying Speight had a poor game. He had the highest run metres at 58m; Kuridrani at 57 and Hodge at 56. Izzy made 29m and people are rating him as having a great game. Speight also made some crucial tackles and hits rucks like a forward. To say he had a poor game is going a little far. He spilt one high ball. Anyone would think he took someone's head off.

Yeah I said yesterday that I wasn't as down on Speight like everyone else. He plays a different role that we are used to for a winger. Aside from the points you make above he is often the dummy half when the 9 is not around and he was there in support for both of our tries on the weekend just as he was for 3 against the Welsh.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
And to top off a better than average performance by Henry, I don't think he missed a tackle all night. I also posted earlier that I thought Henry's run metres would be up there with the top, but didn't expect him to have the most. A better effort than most posters are prepared to concede.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
The whingeing about Speight probably stems from the fact most of us expect more from him: we're used to Henry scoring a coupla dashing tries down the wing in every Super match, it's a bit tougher in tests.

No argument about that. I think Speight's form has suffered this year through a long recovery from serious injuries and then being part of the 7s campaign which substantially altered his physical attributes. I see signs of his speed coming back, though not anywhere near his best, and if he can put on a few more kgs and increase his strength in contact, then I'm confident he will continue to improve in the test arena.

Status
Not open for further replies.