• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Selection politics and bias, Gold Squads unfairness etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wood Rat

Alfred Walker (16)
It's nice to see some ideas Sarcophylus

A break from the physical demands of full contact rugby is not necessarily a bad thing and there are a few red heads that would probably need summer rugby to be nocturnal. I like the Idea of out of school season club qualification although this may be seen as just another loophole

Wood Rat

Alfred Walker (16)
You should consider throwing these at the 2013 junior thread or the schoolboy rugby needs a review for feed back there as comp structure seems to be a part of the conversation on those threads

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)

I am sure more than the one payer didn't turn up because of Harold Matt comitments, maybe the instruction to meet your other commitments though admirable and very democratic made disregarding the program easier

I've seen a similar problem in a club academy.
I think the noble approach is shooting rugby in the foot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

scaraby

Ron Walden (29)
I am told that there are still Scots boys in the JGP.
It could have something to do with the preparation of their #1 wicket: a work that seems to have taken most of this summer and, of course, will be destroyed with the first game of rugby after rain.
its a drop in now isnt it?
..as for Colleagues ...Easts Juniors have been training and trialling on it for weeks. The ground has never looked better..it has gone from pure dirt to lush green shagpile so i would be surprised if its a ground issue...Scots had a big cricket game agst New last weekend so that could have been a temporary issue.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
its a drop in now isnt it?
..as for Colleagues .Easts Juniors have been training and trialling on it for weeks. The ground has never looked better..it has gone from pure dirt to lush green shagpile so i would be surprised if its a ground issue.Scots had a big cricket game agst New last weekend so that could have been a temporary issue.
JGS was at colleagues prior to east's juniors beginning training and easts academy were training on #1 until recently.
Woollahra will close any and all of its grounds if someone leaves a tap on.

scaraby

Ron Walden (29)
JGS was at colleagues prior to east's juniors beginning training and easts academy were training on #1 until recently.
Woollahra will close any and all of its grounds if someone leaves a tap on.
too true....number 1 has been off limits for Wallaroos so far and games tonight will be on 3. Nice to see Blue Giant Park with a covering though and the grass is actually the right kind for once.Ask me again in 6 weeks though could be a different story.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
too true..number 1 has been off limits for Wallaroos so far and games tonight will be on 3. Nice to see Blue Giant Park with a covering though and the grass is actually the right kind for once.Ask me again in 6 weeks though could be a different story.
Looks like the same grass they've been planting there since 1788

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Due to limited availability with a lot of players throughout the 3 Sydney venues with other commitments, the ARU High Performance team have decided to forgo the final session this Sunday 24th March.

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
Due to limited availability with a lot of players throughout the 3 Sydney venues with other commitments, the ARU High Performance team have decided to forgo the final session this Sunday 24th March.

IS I think the decision was based on the actual and looming commitment of players to both club [already started] and school [soon to start]. That said I think that the program whilst very good was a touch too long.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
IS I think the decision was based on the actual and looming commitment of players to both club [already started] and school [soon to start]. That said I think that the program whilst very good was a touch too long.
It was given to me from an email and is a direct quote.
No editorial from me!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I think the next headline should be "ARU decline invitation to strengthen country rugby". The JGS squads in country regions have been invited to attend the annual "academy games" in Wollongong. however, the ARU have stopped these teams from attending. So, instead of playing other JGS squads, and taking in valuable game time, the ARU would rather they just go back to club football, no games. Good fore sight. Train for 13 weeks and then go home. No wonder country rugby is dying.

From another thread. Probably deserves some oxygen here.

Rugby Mum

Watty Friend (18)
No invites to play, although the city sides are not part of an 'Academy' like the Regional sides, hence no academy to actually invite to play. Being a culmination of regional academy program's, it is disappointing for those involved not to play these games.
Previously the ARU ran camps down in Sydney for the regional camps to all get together, and the city camps to get together. Will this be an option rather than the Academy Games previously attended by the regional teams????

wreckless

Bob Loudon (25)
I hear that the Sydney JGS squads are putting on a full contact 7's demo at half time in the Waratahs vs. Chiefs game on Friday night. May be their only chance for a hit out now that the program has finished!

sarcophilus

Charlie Fox (21)
I hear that the Sydney JGS squads are putting on a full contact 7's demo at half time in the Waratahs vs. Chiefs game on Friday night. May be their only chance for a hit out now that the program has finished!

JGS or NGS?
Which of the metro Squads and have they been training in secrete since the break-up a month ago
Do you find conversations difficult to hear over the low rumbling of imminent earth quakes and dog whistles are deafening over the telephone. Is this a secrete squirrel exercise for only selected members of a particular squad, Have the selected players been told not to brag to their mates

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
JGS or NGS?
Which of the metro Squads and have they been training in secrete since the break-up a month ago
Do you find conversations difficult to hear over the low rumbling of imminent earth quakes and dog whistles are deafening over the telephone. Is this a secrete squirrel exercise for only selected members of a particular squad, Have the selected players been told not to brag to their mates

JGS - and all quite innocent I suspect. A late minute call for all Sydney JGS squads players to nominate to play in a 7 minutes half time seven's exposition on Friday night - "first in best dressed" got the nod.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom