• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Semifinal 1: Reds V Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Set piece magic

John Solomon (38)
I browsed through looking for a thread on this and couldn't find one, so apologies if there is one already.

Thought it is time to get the semifinal hype started, Brisbane has gone rugby mad and 8000 tickets where sold in the first ten minutes of sales for the Reds semifinal this morning.

Teams, Weather, gameplan, winner, who they will actually play, the lot. Let's get excited!

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Much rather play the Blues or Sharks. Simply because even though the Tahs are depleted player wise, they are a bogey side. Then again I'd love nothing more then beating them in the semi

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I am not that fussed who the Reds play. I think that the boys have the capability to beat any team.

Our reserve Prop is the major area of concern for me.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)

Agree.

This looks like it will be a sell out again, incredible that it could be twice and probably 3 times in a season. I've got a feeling the Sharks could get up tomorrow so am expecting them or the Blues.

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
if the tahs make it through tonight the missus and I will be coming up. Hope there will be some sort of ticket allocation left...

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
I am not that fussed who the Reds play. I think that the boys have the capability to beat any team.

I presume Jets you mean the reserve for the reserve as Holmes is good value but after him I don't know. How have Shep and Anea been going in premier rugby?

I agree as if we are serious about winning it, our next opponant is irrelivent.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Anae hasn't been playing for the last couple of week at the bank but is back to take on Easts tomorrow.

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
This will be one hell of a game given the Reds will be playing 3 teams at once. Can't wait to see how Cooper finds his way through 45 defenders.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Tough marking given the conditions.

Agreed. The Blues gave the Reds a good run if not for the first 20-25min this year (much like the start to tonight's game actually) as well as beating the Crusaders and then narrowly losing to them a couple of weeks back.

I'd much rather play the Reds then the Stormers - if the Blues forward pack starts strongly, I think they can put the Reds away. I think they sorely missed Kaino in their reds match-up in the first game - he is a big factor for the Blues IMO and was huge tonight.

T

TOCC

Bullrush, I tend to think that the minor-premiers at home in front of a sell-out crowd would still be favourites....

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Bullrush, I tend to think that the minor-premiers at home in front of a sell-out crowd would still be favourites....

I meant my favorites :)

Without Toeava and Ranger, the Blues lose so much in the backline. Toeava was the form 15 in NZ and maybe the tournament before his injury and Ranger has the ability to single-handedly turn a game around. Brett and McAllister in the backline together are a scary prospect when facing and attacking unit like the Reds.....I mean, did you see that Tom Carter try tonite??

The Blues can still win BUT they will have so much less room for error - they can't start like they did last time against the Reds or even like they did tonite.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)

Shhhh, he's stealing the favourite tag. Give it to him. Talk the Blues up.

Set piece magic

John Solomon (38)
The blues will be missing Toeva and Ranger... that's a serious absence in strike power out wide, that's not to say they won't come into the game with an attacking mindset, they still have some midfield stars available. In fact, It's actually quite a tough decision for Pat Lamb to approach this game, and I would be very interested to hear what everyone thinks the Blues tactics are going to be.

One thing is for sure, the Reds forwards are going to be fired up in a big way, and that combined with home ground advantage, a full house, me, and the Reds backline should make them very difficult to beat. Problem is that they could get complacent.

Status
Not open for further replies.