• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Semifinal 1: Reds V Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

Ranger is a chance to return next week, although Anthony boric is out injured

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I think the Reds winning at least one final and preferably the whole comp is crucial to the Wallabies chances in the World Cup.

Barring injury Cooper & Genia will be the Wallabies halves pairing when they run out in the World Cup Final so knowing they can get the job done by winning the Super XV would be a huge confidence booster.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Spik, I don't think 'Problem is that they could get complacent' complacency will be a factor for the Reds. They know this is a big game, and I'd say the Reds coaching staff will be advising them that they have to step up a gear for a semi-final.
They might fumble a bit through nerves, but not complacency.

MrTimms

Ken Catchpole (46)
Staff member
Saturday 2 July, 2011

Reds vs Blues Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane 19h40 (21h40 NZ/11h40 SA)

Referee: Jonathan Kaplan AR 1: Stuart Dickinson AR 2: James Leckie TMO: George Ayoub

Saturday 2 July, 2011

Stormers vs Crusaders Newlands, Cape Town 17h05 (01h05 Aus/03h05 NZ)

Referee: Craig Joubert AR 1: Marius Jonker AR 2: Stefan Breytenbach TMO: Shaun Veldsman

Sent from my transformer using tapatalk

Set piece magic

John Solomon (38)
kaplan and stu what a refereeing combination... like quade cooper, I am sure they will be unpredictable and creative with their interpretations of the laws. stu will be a major attacking threat to either side from the right wing that he has been given and I would expect Kaplan to steer the ship.

Refs by 5

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
That might be the "hatiest" panel of officials ever seen. Could they put more polarising characters together if they tried?
The Kiwis will be stoked with Dickinson, Leckie and Ayoub!! NOOOOOOOOTTTTTT!
I have no problem with Kaplan.
(Reffing someone else)

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Just wondering what sort of team the Reds will get on the paddock? Slipper will be a loss but Holmes has the experience to step up. Really hope that Ant Fainga'a is good to go, along with Digby.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
I meant my favorites :)

Without Toeava and Ranger, the Blues lose so much in the backline. Toeava was the form 15 in NZ and maybe the tournament before his injury and Ranger has the ability to single-handedly turn a game around. Brett and McAllister in the backline together are a scary prospect when facing and attacking unit like the Reds.....I mean, did you see that Tom Carter try tonite??

The Blues can still win BUT they will have so much less room for error - they can't start like they did last time against the Reds or even like they did tonite.

Ranger has the ability to turn the game round, in either direction. He's the personification of a risk-taker.

bloodred

Fred Wood (13)
Just back from a few beers after the Tigers Dragons game....lucky for designated driver. Albert had a great game. I would back him over Shep. Gee Leroy Houston carved them up, he was so impressive.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Ranger has the ability to turn the game round, in either direction. He's the personification of a risk-taker.

Disagree. Maybe he used to be....but when was the last time he lost a game?? Or even put the game on the line?

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Rene Ranger has become a very consitant player this year, he has got rid of alot of the risky erratic stuff he had in previous seasons. Personally I love watchin him play, that try he scored against the Crusaders a few weeks ago was brilliant.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Well, that looks like the ultimate home side's dream refereeing panel...

The Blues will have to put in that extra 10% just to overcome it...

Status
Not open for further replies.