• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Semifinal 1: Reds V Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay-c

Ron Walden (29)
fantastic from the reds> so great to watch>>>
cooper is without peer in attack> and davies a must for the trinations>> could 5 of the 7 gold backs be qld born?

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
Good win & it's great to be into our 1st ever final hopefully the forwards can improve the set piece next week.

A lot of missed tackles by the Reds tonight but I'm sure players like Ioane & Robinson will be better for the run.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Always been a fan of Davies and what a game he had tonight. Showed he can step up in the big matches and as the old saying goes - you can't teach speed. Would love to have him on the wing for the Wallabies. Cooper was awesome in attack and no brain explosion. The goal kicking is a worry, it's a shame the two players capable of goal kicking are injured.

Amen to that.

Fantastic game by Rocket Rod tonight.

Cutter

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Reds forwards won the collisions tonight. I thought that was the difference. Everytime the Blues had the ball, they found it difficult to get over the advantage line because the Reds defence was so aggressive and effective. Its clear that the focus is on the first part of the tackle. You can see up to 4 Reds players looking for the hit to win the collision. Then 1 or 2 drop back and fan out.

Horwill was everywhere I thought. Although the Reds lineout and scrum weren't brilliant, and as a lock he is partly responsible for that, he covered enormous ground in defence, counter rucked well, carried well...a very impressive performance. He has a big engine. Daley, Holmes, Simmons, AWH were also prominent with big defence. The back row and S. Fainga'a were great at slowing down Blues ball and in support.

The Reds are fighting the good fight for rugby against the other codes.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Very excited boys. Great win fellas and enjoy. That defence was awsome. We really need to fix our lineout though. Bring on the next game as I am now dying to see who we face.

H

hurge

I was too impressed with Ben Tapuai's effort in defence! He really stepped up in this game. Genia and Cooper, yet again outstanding. and needless to mention how great rocket rod finished tonight!

Cyced for the final next week!

H

hurge

Was anyone else impressed, that QC (Quade Cooper) made a textbook tackle on Rockoko??

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Great result fellas and big congrats on the win. It's been a while coming, but great to see not only the Reds back at the forefront, but also an Aussie team in the final of Super rugby. This kind of thing is a big lift for the code in one of its traditional heartlands.

Enjoy.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
fantastic from the reds> so great to watch>>>
cooper is without peer in attack> and davies a must for the trinations>> could 5 of the 7 gold backs be qld born?

Erm... who would those be? Davies. Mitchell if fit.

R

RuckinGoodStats

Really, I was going to comment on how good the Reds are at tackling around the ankles, the Stats are against me but surely if a team can sustain 15 phases and not conced a try then they are doing something right
Yup the Reds did hold them out for some of those phases. Typically the Reds' defense covered the 1st tackle missed so it wasn't fatal misses.

Status
Not open for further replies.