• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

SF1: Argentina v New Zealand 21/10/23 @ 0800 NZDT

Who wins & by how much?

• Argentina 13+

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Argentina 1-12

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • New Zealand 1-12

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • New Zealand 13+

Votes: 8 42.1%

• Total voters

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
Happy with Gardiner doing it, though to be fair, I don't really have an opinion on refs, they all pretty good really. Only thing I has wanted was someone like this with plenty of experience, and so less likely to feel pressure.
In the same, just thought it was interesting to put in the thread. However you should see the furore over O'Keefe being given the other semi! Lots of people saying he shouldn't be there as it will affect who plays NZ in the final.

(I think some people are dumb)

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
In the same, just thought it was interesting to put in the thread. However you should see the furore over O'Keefe being given the other semi! Lots of people saying he shouldn't be there as it will affect who plays NZ in the final.

(I think some people are dum
People do like a conspiracy etc. On O'Keefe I once heard him when as ked about do refs favour teams etc, his reply? When you out on the field reffing a test etc, everything is generally happening so fast, I have never met a ref who has got time to to think who he wants to win etc while deciding if someone is offside etc.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I'm surprised there's a Pom involved but not as surprised as th having 3 x kiwis doing Eng v SA, that's almost bound to result in one or probably more controversies.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
It's also quite amusing that Christie was preferred over Roigard for his defensive play, but was't brought on in a match that ended with 5 minues of tough defence.
Smith had the soft yellow, so I think that allowed them to play him through the game. If he hadn't been sent off I don't think he would have lasted the whole 80.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
All Blacks: Beauden Barrett, Will Jordan, Rieko Ioane, Jordie Barrett, Mark Telea, Richie Mo’unga, Aaron Smith; Ardie Savea, Sam Cane (capt), Shannon Frizell, Scott Barrett, Sam Whitelock, Tyrel Lomax, Codie Taylor, Ethan de Groot. Reserves: Samisoni Taukei’aho, Tamaiti Williams, Fletcher Newell, Brodie Retallick, Dalton Papalii, Finlay Christie, Damian McKenzie, Anton Lienert-Brown.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Argentina: 1 Thomas Gallo, 2 Julián Montoya (captain), 3 Francisco Gómez Kodela; 4 Guido Petti, 5 Tomas Lavanini; 6 Juan Martin Gonzalez, 7 Marcos Kremer, 8 Facundo Isa; 9 Gonzalo Bertranou, 10 Santiago Carreras; 11 Mateo Carreras, 12 Santiago Chocobares, 13 Lucio Cinti, 14 Emiliano Boffelli; 15 Juan Cruz Mallia Replacements: 16 Agustín Creevy, 17 Joel Sclavi, 18 Eduardo Bello, 19 Matias Alemanno, 20 Rodrigo Bruni; 21 Lautaro Bazan Velez, 22 Nicolas Sanchez, 23 Matías Moroni.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Like the team named WOB. No real suprises though I wouldn't of been hugely shocked if some more front rowers had a run. I also wouldn't mind Roigard, but understand why they have stuck with Christie. So anyway we already to go now!

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
I do rate him, he's much more physical across the park, but his throwing is a definite issue. I wonder if the thought process is that they'll play him against the Argies and see how he goes with this throwing, with a view to having Coles on the bench in the final incase Taukei'aho can't get his throws right? Then I realised you lot have Fozzie, and he's likely pulling names out of a hat to select his squad.

The AB's could do with Taukei'aho's physicality, especially if they make the final. Just probably trying to figure out whether it's worth the trade in with his hit and miss throwing.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Bit of a scrappy half but doing enough. Apart from their back three, the Pumas attack is pretty mundane and, even though they've had to make ~120 tackles, it seems like the AB defence isn't having to over exert itself. The kicking has been underwhelming, though. Second half game management will be important...

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Aaron Smith is easily the best half back in Aotearoa and at worst, 2nd best in the world. His energy and enthusiasm is another level.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ was just saying exactly that to the huddle of staff around the work tv...

Even the three customers we've had this morning have apologized for dragging us away from the game :)

Wilson

David Codey (61)
This has been a clinical dissection. New Zealand rebuffed Argentina early with rock solid defence and they were broken and without answers by half time. Has been a (lightly) opposed training run since then.