• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shorks Vs Tahs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
fatprop said:
Sua hopefully has his passport ready.

It amused he to listen to that sycophant pommy commentator masturbating over the power of the Sharks scrum and forward pack.

Then after the Tahs scrum got on top (two tight heads and nearly three ;D) continues complaining that the collapses were all the Tahs fault.

Yeah he summed up this imaginary belief that the Sharks were actually good all season.

Tahs should have been up by a lot more at half time having had the lion's share of possession and territory. That first 20 defending in the second half won the match, deservedly.

The scrums took a dramatic turnaround when Jannie du Plessis went off. The Sharks actually looked to have a bit of an edge in the scrums in the first half. The Beast was giving Baxter a hard time until du Plessis went off. It all turned around from there and Robinson gave Smit a good bollocking.

To me the Sharks and Tahs are two teams that do well at most things, but aren't really excellent at anything. They defend well, scrum well, defend well. As for everything else, they scrape by. Most frustrating to watch these two teams as the both create a lot of chances but don't know how to score.

Two things put to rest for the Lions series: SA cannot start Smit at 3. Terblanche cracked under pressure.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Well, this simplifies things for the Tahs:

- win by 30 with a bonus point
- Have the Bulls thrash the Sharks
- Have the Reds thrash the Canes by 50
- Get the Brumbies get the BP win over the Chiefs
- Blues smash the Offsaders

Then you have:

47 Bulls
42 Brumbies
41 Chiefs (+70-ish for/against)
41 Tahs (+54 for/against)
37 Offsaders
36 Sharks

Then a hard-fought win against the Bulls before winning the title in Hamiltron 8)

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
NTA said:
Well, this simplifies things for the Tahs:

- win by 30 with a bonus point
- Have the Bulls thrash the Sharks
- Have the Reds thrash the Canes by 50
- Get the Brumbies get the BP win over the Chiefs
- Blues smash the Offsaders

Then you have:

47 Bulls
42 Brumbies
41 Chiefs (+70-ish for/against)
41 Tahs (+54 for/against)
37 Offsaders
36 Sharks

Then a hard-fought win against the Bulls before winning the title in Hamiltron 8)

You won't believe it. This morning I opened my window and what did I see? Ten thousand pink Camels flying past! Like they say, anything's possible!

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Anyone else have to put up with Murray Mexted's "expert :lmao:" comments?

Yeah, Tahu, born in Melbourne with an aboriginal and a maori parent, is an Unzidder ???

Mexted's crawling pro-Sharks, anti-Tahs comments throughout the game were appalling.

All the commentators spent a lot of time during the game discussing how the Sharks would get the bonus point win - never a single mention that the Tahs are still in it.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Biffo said:

Yeah, Tahu, born in Melbourne with an aboriginal and a maori parent, is an Unzidder ???

Mexted's crawling pro-Sharks, anti-Tahs comments throughout the game were appalling.

All the commentators spent a lot of time during the game discussing how the Sharks would get the bonus point win - never a single mention that the Tahs are still in it.

Mex played for the Sharks and he is a bit of a tool. There you go...that should explain it.

As for the commentators being biased towards the Sharks' it's no different to the three Musquiteers on Fox we all have to put up with but yes as far as professionalism is concerned it leaves much to be desired (I'm still undecided as to who I enjoy listening to the least - the worst though is suffering the misfortune of David Murdoch, who not only gets player names wrong all the time but actually doesn't understand some REALLY basic rules).

My reaction was what, have the SA commentators not actually watched the Sharks all season? No way they were going to score 4. Any idiot could see that before kickoff.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
PS Brett Sheehan should see a pretty hefty ban. That was dumb and very reckless.

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
Lee Grant said:
Phil Waugh got the man of the match award, and I thought he was close to it last week, but I thought Will Caldwell was quite magnificent.

Wow. Just wow. I thought Waugh was by some distance the worst of our forwards.

Tremendous guts and tenacity shown by the Tahs with outstanding commitment in defence from 1-15. We used to be a rabble away from home, how things have changed.

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
Blue said:
PS Brett Sheehan should see a pretty hefty ban. That was dumb and very reckless.

That'd be a blessing in disguise. Not sure why Burgess was subbed off after 60 minutes - Sheehan certainly didn't add anything.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
naza said:
Wow. Just wow. I thought Waugh was by some distance the worst of our forwards.

I am equally shocked that you typed just that 8)

We used to be a rabble away from home, how things have changed.

Yes. Now we're just a rabble AT home.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Biffo said:

I'm with you there Biffo, from the front page:

But back to the highlights, anyone who watched the game will tell you how it was blighted by that braindead fucking drongo Murray Mextead. He?s turning up everywhere - like the swineflu but less intelligent. From scrum one he was whingeing on about how weak Australian scrummaging was, and how every collapse was obviously down to our guys ?scrummaging too close to the ground? (Murray, that?s called technique).

Anyway, what seemed to slip Murray by (like most things) is that at crucial times in the match the Tahs could demolish the Shorks scrum, on demand. I?ve put two examples in, the first being when the sharks were 5m out from the Tahs line, just after half time and had the feed. Changing the tighthead for the Sharks to Smit didn?t matter either, Robinson mullered him in the second scrum you see.

The fucken funniest thing by far though was Muzza asking Joel Stransky the question:
"what the hardest (place) kick you can do?"
as it pissed down rain and then following Joel wittering something about left to right saying:
"actually Joel it was a trick question, the hardest kick is the first of the match"

It went quiet for 3 seconds in which everyone involved in that telecast, as well as watching it, thought "you fuckwit".

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Yeah, Murray's kicking tutorial cracked me up on the blog. Seriously, quite bereft of anything useful to say on most things. Especially the drivel about "psychic energy" and the "ebb and flow".
After the Tahs wheeled the scrum for the turnover, he kept going on about how unwise it was to do that in front of your goal line. Did he think that maybe that's why they did it - maybe the Sharks were not expecting the unexpected? Like the Spanish Inquisition! Unfortunately the nong with him knew about as much about any of the Tahs (to whit, the Tahu comment), so they made a prize pair.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Gagger said:
Biffo said:

I'm with you there Biffo, from the front page:

But back to the highlights, anyone who watched the game will tell you how it was blighted by that braindead fucking drongo Murray Mextead. He?s turning up everywhere - like the swineflu but less intelligent. From scrum one he was whingeing on about how weak Australian scrummaging was, and how every collapse was obviously down to our guys ?scrummaging too close to the ground? (Murray, that?s called technique).

Anyway, what seemed to slip Murray by (like most things) is that at crucial times in the match the Tahs could demolish the Shorks scrum, on demand. I?ve put two examples in, the first being when the sharks were 5m out from the Tahs line, just after half time and had the feed. Changing the tighthead for the Sharks to Smit didn?t matter either, Robinson mullered him in the second scrum you see.

The fucken funniest thing by far though was Muzza asking Joel Stransky the question:
"what the hardest (place) kick you can do?"
as it pissed down rain and then following Joel wittering something about left to right saying:
"actually Joel it was a trick question, the hardest kick is the first of the match"

It went quiet for 3 seconds in which everyone involved in that telecast, as well as watching it, thought "you fuckwit".

It really was a hoot hearing Mexted continually decrying the Tahs' scrummaging as, scrum by scrum, they tore the Shawks' scrum apart. Too thick to see what's going on in fron of him.

I have met Joel Stransky and think him a really top bloke. I can't say I know him very well but I do know that a silence from him after he is asked a question can be very accurately translated as "you fucken braindead" - a close mate of his told me that that it is one of Stransky's favourite responses to idjits. Class act, that man Stransky.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
cyclopath said:
Yeah, Murray's kicking tutorial cracked me up on the blog. Seriously, quite bereft of anything useful to say on most things. Especially the drivel about "psychic energy" and the "ebb and flow".
After the Tahs wheeled the scrum for the turnover, he kept going on about how unwise it was to do that in front of your goal line. Did he think that maybe that's why they did it - maybe the Sharks were not expecting the unexpected? Like the Spanish Inquisition! Unfortunately the nong with him knew about as much about any of the Tahs (to whit, the Tahu comment), so they made a prize pair.

Don't forget the X factor. His favorite.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Yeah turning the attacking scrum towards the sideline 5m away is such a novel scrummaging technique.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
cyclopath said:
PaarlBok said:
Credit to Lawrence, he once again did justice to the ranking ref list. The replacement scrumming in trouble for that shoulder charge on Barrit. Sure most of the Aussie lot on here would have shite their pants if they were on the recieving end. ::)
PB, he'll be gone for a decent rest I would think. It looked very bad, and he deserves what he gets. The good news for a Tah fan is that it means we'll be spared him getting on the park, so he can fark off west sooner. As I said on the blog last night.
So he get lost again. Sorry Cyc, this week its up to the Lions. :nta:

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
PaarlBok said:
cyclopath said:
PaarlBok said:
Credit to Lawrence, he once again did justice to the ranking ref list. The replacement scrumming in trouble for that shoulder charge on Barrit. Sure most of the Aussie lot on here would have shite their pants if they were on the recieving end. ::)
PB, he'll be gone for a decent rest I would think. It looked very bad, and he deserves what he gets. The good news for a Tah fan is that it means we'll be spared him getting on the park, so he can fark off west sooner. As I said on the blog last night.
So he get lost again. Sorry Cyc, this week its up to the Lions. :nta:
I am still baffled by how he got off. Anyway, we are stuck with another display from Angry the 8th Dwarf. If the Lions play him right, he'll be good for at least a few penalties and maybe a card!

Status
Not open for further replies.