• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2010

Who will you be supporting in the 2010 Shute Shield?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Ah gimme a break topo, I don't have time to be naming the extensive talent that lines up for Uni ::)

Burgess, too? :fishing

Eastwood won't do too badly in terms of returning talent. We get back umm.... Dunning and... er O'Young?

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Yesterday, ladies and gentlemen, those magnificent men from Concord beat the blue slime IN EVERY GAME. First grade cut it fine 30-29 but nearly every other team had a bonus point win. The Pirates' ship has found some steady wind!

TheRiddler

Dave Cowper (27)
thatguy said:
For Gordon
- Couple of new faces to the club this week, Scott Sutherland a second rower from Scotland with pretty big wraps will start in 3rd grade

That bloke was massive - looked like Dud Roodts brother! From what I saw, had a good game but didnt last the full 80. Must of had jetlag :)

Massive day on the BBQ yesterday. Had to get extra stocks in and even they sold out. Good to catch up with Mr and Mrs Moses - still trying to work out who ThatGuy and Aussie Dominance are !!

Cyril Towers (30)
Lindommer said:
Yesterday, ladies and gentlemen, those magnificent men from Concord beat the blue slime IN EVERY GAME. First grade cut it fine 30-29 but nearly every other team had a bonus point win. The Pirates' ship has found some steady wind!

With a bit of luck they will be back to their inconsistent norm when they take on a depleted students outfit next week ;)

AussieDominance

Trevor Allan (34)
TheRiddler said:
thatguy said:
For Gordon
- Couple of new faces to the club this week, Scott Sutherland a second rower from Scotland with pretty big wraps will start in 3rd grade

That bloke was massive - looked like Dud Roodts brother! From what I saw, had a good game but didnt last the full 80. Must of had jetlag :)

Massive day on the BBQ yesterday. Had to get extra stocks in and even they sold out. Good to catch up with Mr and Mrs Moses - still trying to work out who ThatGuy and Aussie Dominance are !!

Ha I don't play at the moment, I did however enjoy a steak sandwhich! Was very good! However I must say I overheard some Eastwood **** criticising them... encouraging people NOT to buy them at the canteen!

gone

Ted Fahey (11)
Yep, very disappointing from Gordon. Really missed DHP straightening the Attack. I don't think you can realistically play all 3 of Hercus, Harvey and Keil in the same side - 1 of them has to miss out, preferably to a big ball running centre which we are currently lacking. I'm wondering (or hoping) if a certain S. Mortlock might be available in a few weeks he would certainly fix the problem.

Highlights of the day were the 58-5 result in 4s and 88-0 in 3s, closely followed by the steak sandwich. However, Riddler you may want to cut the advertising budget, I lost count of the number of times the ground announcer made reference to the BBQ.

AussieDominance

Trevor Allan (34)
Wouldn't it be great to see Turner, DHP & Mortlock in a Gordon backline. Bring back Whittaker & keep all those on the park and we could finish the season with a bang.

And how about Dingo Deans drops JOC (James O'Connor) and he joins his mates Turner, DHP & Whittaker in the Gordon colours.

Speaking of it TG.

I would suggest Cameron Shepherd could be spending some time in the club colours after the Super 14 season, formerly a Norths boy, how about we strengthen the bonds formed through Peseta, Brown & Manning joining Gordon by getting Shep as well, I mean he went to Barker and obviously enjoys the North Shore ;).

TheRiddler

Dave Cowper (27)
thatguy said:
However, Riddler you may want to cut the advertising budget, I lost count of the number of times the ground announcer made reference to the BBQ.

Nothing to do with us, young Timmy makes those announcements of his own accord, together with mentions of the sponsors, the Friends of Gordon and everything else. Dont you just love his animated, excited tone of delivery? I think he models it on Stephen Wright (the American comedian rather than the UK DJ). Could be worse, he could prattle on all day long with some crap about being the "Birthplace of Australian Rugby".......

Would be great to see Stirling back at Chatswood Oval, together with Cam Shepherd. Not sure that Gordon has the budget though!

Whats the word on this new Sutherland chap? Monster!!! And why dont you lot say hello to the hard working chef?

Cyril Towers (30)
TheRiddler said:
Could be worse, he could prattle on all day long with some crap about being the "Birthplace of Australian Rugby".......

Well, he couldn't say that, though, could he Riddler? Because it's not. But we all know where the birthplace is. ;)

gone

Ted Fahey (11)
They are calling Chatswood Oval "The heartland of Australian rugby" now I think... some new catchphrase the men up the top came up with because we were all sick of hearing about the birthplace. ;)

And Riddler, don't get me started on the FOGs. They have stolen our spot up on the hill and hardly any of them ever show up. We've been relegated to just in front of the canteen.

He seemed to go alright for having just stepped off the plane. Here is his profile on rah rah rugby:

http://rahrahrugby.com/profile.php?reg_no=0904082960

197cm is being generous I think - I'm 197cm and I think I've got an inch on him.

As for saying hi to the chef it has crossed my mind but there are 3 of you back there and I don't want to say to the wrong person "Didn't I meet you over the internet?"... I think I know which one you are though now.

TheRiddler

Dave Cowper (27)
thatguy said:
As for saying hi to the chef it has crossed my mind but there are 3 of you back there and I don't want to say to the wrong person "Didn't I meet you over the internet?"... I think I know which one you are though now.

I'm the young, good looking one that did all the cooking on Saturday and was enjoying the odd tinnie or four :) I can say young because everyone else there was just about sixty or over and I'm well short of that!

El Presidente will be back behind the burners this weekend for the Easts game. Should be a stonker with return of Lachlan Fear and his new Easts team. The way the two teams are going at the moment, Gordon would seem to have a struggle ahead of them on Saturday arvo.

gone

Ted Fahey (11)
thatguy said:
I don't think you can realistically play all 3 of Hercus, Harvey and Keil in the same side - 1 of them has to miss out, preferably to a big ball running centre which we are currently lacking.

Bad form to quote oneself I know but 3 doesn't go into 2 and Hercus gets the chop. Keil to 10, Harvey to 12, Preston to 15. Still no big ball running centre though but a more balanced backline.

In other changes, the Dud comes into the 2nd row and Ed Gower moves to 6. Brian Perry will come off the bench. And a positional change in the front rows with Travis Church crossing to tighthead to combat the threat of big Ofa.

Look out for Dion Berryman making his debut for the club in 2nd grade at fullback, fresh from the Western Force academy.

TheRiddler

Dave Cowper (27)
Wow - that's some changes. Cant wait to see the Dud smash it up. Would have thought they'd run him at 6 and keep Gower and Seale together in the locks.

As for Hercus being dropped, what are your thoughts there. I seem to recall a certain person stating that Keil wasnt fit to clean Hercus' boots. Does the opinion still hold?

As I'm running the half-marathon on Sunday, I'm having a day off from the BBQ so will be able focus on watching the footy. Should be a great day.

AussieDominance

Trevor Allan (34)
That side is more balanced and seemed to go alright with Fear last season, surely they can have some combination in attack and defence now..

What has happened to Vinny Byrne? Will Hercus be in 2nd Grade?

gone

Ted Fahey (11)
TheRiddler said:
As for Hercus being dropped, what are your thoughts there. I seem to recall a certain person stating that Keil wasnt fit to clean Hercus' boots. Does the opinion still hold?

Where did you hear that rubbish? ;)

I think in the situation it is the right call, Keil looked pretty good at 10 against West Harbour and Hercus has looked off the pace in his 2 games so far. Maybe Hercus is starting to show his age, the Hercus version c. 2007 was a very good player and I hope we see him recapture some of that form soon.

Vinny Byrne has been injured, he returns to 2nd grade this week (however, Tom Sully was preferred before Vinny was injured) and Hercus will play outside him at 10. Hopefully this will give them the experience they need to close out the close games.

AussieDominance

Trevor Allan (34)
Second Grade should win most games then if they can have a bit of workrate in that back row...

Good backline though.

Hercus by the looks of it on Saturday is around to mentor the next generation which is a good thing, his experience will be valuable for the those guys.

gone

Ted Fahey (11)
AussieDominance said:
When does Lawrence Marsh(ex Easts & Guiness Premiership Prop) make his return from injury for Gordon?

Round 10-12 was the last I heard, still has the cast on and has been coaching 5th grade thus far.

Forgot to mention Jared Barry returns to the starting line-up in 2nd grade this week.

AussieDominance

Trevor Allan (34)
TG just another on my wish list although he could be with the Wallabies, bring back Gordon Junior Julian Huxley to control our backline. Uni stole him after a short and productive Gordon Grade Career.

Get it to Dave Bezer or whoever looks after the recruitment he would take us to the title!!

Status
Not open for further replies.