• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2010

Who will you be supporting in the 2010 Shute Shield?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

skullring

AussieDominance said:
TG just another on my wish list although he could be with the Wallabies, bring back Gordon Junior Julian Huxley to control our backline. Uni stole him after a short and productive Gordon Grade Career.

Get it to Dave Bezer or whoever looks after the recruitment he would take us to the title!!
I had no idea julian has fronted up for university before, perhaps I did and I have now forgotten, but i really would have thought that he'd of been a better bloke than that, to jump ship to the dark side at uni. Noone's perfect.

TheRiddler

Dave Cowper (27)
I apologise. Sure I can recall Hux playing for Easts against Gordon a couple of years back but cant find any reference to it so I must be imagining things and getting him confused for some reason with Clyde Rathbone.

S

skullring

TheRiddler said:
I apologise. Sure I can recall Hux playing for Easts against Gordon a couple of years back but cant find any reference to it so I must be imagining things and getting him confused for some reason with Clyde Rathbone.
Read Clyde Rathbone's Wikipedia, it's one of those tragic stories that leave you feeling sooo much pity for somebody, he came to Australia in 2003 aged 23 to play for the Brumbies, had one helluva season, makes the wallabies the following year, then starts pickig up injuries and in 2005 just 2 seasons after he's exploded onto the scene he is sidelined for most of the season.
Plays the 2006 season with relative obscurity after having a year off through injury which does a lot to a players development and then gets injured for another 15 months with a torn patella tendon, and after another depressing injury in the 2009 season he decides to retire, after just 3-4 years at the top level. The hard life of a football player.

Cyril Towers (30)
TheRiddler said:
Hux was definitely playing at Uni before his unfortunate medical mishap and I am pretty sure Uni expect to see him back this year. And why wouldn't he. After all, it's the birthplace.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
topo said:
TheRiddler said:
Hux was definitely playing at Uni before his unfortunate medical mishap and I am pretty sure Uni expect to see him back this year. And why wouldn't he. After all, it's the birthplace.

The birthplace of what? Not Huxley, didn't he start out with Gordon?

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
This afternoon, ladies and gentlemen, those classy characters from Concord routed the thieving mongrels posing as Sydney University 49-23. The Pirates also won 2nd, 3rd and 4th grades and 1st Colts. I heard a rumour it was Uni's first defeat in 69 63 games for their 1st Colts. Will check it out and confirm.

checked and corrected

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
The emus seems to be having a run of respectable scores. Just luck of the draw or are they making progress?

Cyril Towers (30)
Lindommer said:
This afternoon, ladies and gentlemen, those classy characters from Concord routed the thieving mongrels posing as Sydney University 49-23. The Pirates also won 2nd, 3rd and 4th grades and 1st Colts. I heard a rumour it was Uni's first defeat in 69 games for their 1st Colts. Will check it out and confirm.

Not quite 49-23 but a win just the same. I think the last time Uni Colts lost was 2008 so your probably close.
Fair play to ye Lindommer and we'll see you in round 2. Even a died in the wool Uni supporter is pleased to see a club put in the hard yards and come out on top. It's going to be a very interesting year, methinks.

R

rugbywhisperer

Lindommer said:
This afternoon, ladies and gentlemen, those classy characters from Concord routed the thieving mongrels posing as Sydney University 49-23. The Pirates also won 2nd, 3rd and 4th grades and 1st Colts. I heard a rumour it was Uni's first defeat in 69 games for their 1st Colts. Will check it out and confirm.

That is a great result. Things certainly seem to be progressing well at Concord Oval. Couldn't think of a better result. Well done.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Apologies to the blue and gold army, it was 29-24 to the Pirates. I spoke to the WH President last night while he was celebrating at a local restaurant. The score got mangled in the euphoria and the noise.

AussieDominance

Trevor Allan (34)
Wednesday, 19 May 2010
NSWRU Media Unit

Teams have been announced for round seven of the 2010 Tooheys New Shute Shield to be played on Saturday 22 May 2010.
Tooheys New Shute Shield
Tooheys New Shute Shield
2010 TOOHEYS NEW SHUTE SHIELD
Round 7 - Saturday 22 May 2010

EASTERN SUBURBS v SOUTHERN DISTRICTS at Woollahra Oval (3:10pm, ABC TV)
Eastern Suburbs: 1. Ofa Fainga'anuku, 2. Jessie Davidson, 3. Rob McMickan; 4. Phil Mathers, 5. Matt McGann; 6. Ed Brenac, 7. Will Brock, 8. Jordan Brown; 9. Luke Irwin, 10. Ben Ward; 11. Petero Satogo, 12. Tim Corcoran, 13. Lloyd Jones, 14. Damon Anderson; 15. Gavin Debartolo.
Southern Districts: 1. Tetera Faulkner, 2. Sam Zlatevski, 3. John Ulugia; 4. Nifo Nifo, 5. Sitaleki Timani; 6. Radike Samo, 7. Sean Doyle, 8. Ita Vaea; 9. Nathan Sievert, 10. Josh Gamgee [c]; 11. Ben Schreiber, 12. Bernie Orbell, 13. Nicky Price, 14. Chris Kerr; 15. Marshall Milroy.
Referee: James Leckie
RANDWICK v NORTHERN SUBURBS at Coogee Oval (3:00pm)
Randwick: 1. Jono Owen, 2. Atonio Halangahu [c], 3. Lotu Taukeiaho; 4. Tim Satiu, 5. Ross Kennedy; 6. Dave Parsons; 7. Seilala Lam, 8. Neil Meyer; 9. Tony Luxford, 10. Toby Browne; 11. Paul Hannify, 12. Gene Fairbanks, 13. Tom Joseph, 14. Dave Dillon; 15. Danny Kroll.
Northern Suburbs: 1. Nathan Rickard, 2. Scott Podmore, 3. Nick Lah [c]; 4. Ben Matwijow, 5. Richie Hunt; 6. Seti Tafua, 7. Carlos Blanco, 8. Mat Lamont; 9. Steve Evans, 10. Pete Smith; 11. Cam Crawford, 12. Chris Moore, 13. James Lew, 14. Junior Kolikata; 15. Scott Barnes.
Referee: Steve Hardy
PENRITH v WEST HARBOUR at Nepean Rugby Park (3:00pm)
Penrith: 1. Dave Coventry, 2. Elvis Levi, 3. Toa Asa; 4. Johnny Smith, 5. Sione Tonga; 6. Junior To'o, 7. Winney Paulo, 8. Vili Napa'a; 9. Aaron Mattin, 10. Stan Tuionuku; 11. Dave Alo, 12. Luke Cross [c], 13. Albert Hopoate, 14. Filipo Toala; 15. Leon Bott.
West Harbour: 1.Campese Ma'afu, 2. Todd Pearce, 3. Vaughan Lomax; 4. Tom Hikila, 5. Sitiveni Mafi; 6. James King, 7. Mark Porpiglia, 8. Pelea Afu; 9. Jeremy Su'a, 10. Jai Ayoub; 11. Tito Mua, 12. Lester Salanoa, 13. Henry Seavula, 14. Damien Fakafanua; 15. Nick Reily.
Referee: Andrew Lees

SYDNEY UNIVERSITY v EASTWOOD at University Oval No.1 (3:00pm)
Sydney University: 1. Jerry Yanuyanutawa, 2. Clay Brodie, 3. Paddy Ryan; 4. Sam Carter, 5. Dave McDuling [c]; 6. Hugh Hawkins, 7. Trent Dyer, 8. Adam Campbell; 9. Eddie Bredenhann, 10. Alex Rokobaro; 11. Nick Edwards, 12. Michael Hodge, 13. Lachie Mitchell, 14. Nathan Trist; 15. Peter Betham.
Eastwood: 1. Simon Norris, 2. Chris Hill, 3. Dylan Brass; 4. Tom Alexander, 5. Jared Hanna; 6. Gareth Palamo, 7. Hugh Perrett [c], 8. Locky McCaffrey; 9. Dave Rimmer, 10. James Foote; 11. Nathan Brecht, 12. Sione Piukala, 13. Luke Brecht, 14. John Grant; 15. Ben Batger.
Referee: Nathan Pearce

MANLY v GORDON at Manly Oval (3:00pm, Sir Roden Cutler Shield defence)
Manly: 1. Elvis Taione, 2. Anthony Hegarty, 3. Eddie Aholelei; 4. Ryan Melrose, 5. Caydern Neville; 6. Tevita Metiusela, 7. Will Brame [c], 8. Marlon Solofuti; 9. Chris Cottee, 10. Ben Seymour; 11. Lui Siale, 12. Luke Johnson, 13. John Payne, 14. Nemani Nadolo; 15. Adam D'Arcy.
Gordon: 1. Travis Church, 2. Alex Gluth, 3. Marty Plokstys; 4. Hendrik Roodt, 5. Kingsley Seale; 6. Ed Gower [c], 7. Rodney Ma'a, 8. Viliame Ratu; 9. Tom Sully, 10. Dave Harvey; 11. Corey Brown, 12. Josh Whittaker, 13. Dan Haylett-Petty, 14. Terry Preston; 15. Dave Harvey.
Referee: James Scholtens
PARRAMATTA v WARRINGAH at Granville Park (3:00pm)
Parramatta: 1.Richard Just, 2. Michael Kline, 3. Chris Feketi; 4. Ben Fainga'a, 5. Josh Kron; 6. William Tuitupou, 7. Andrew Cox [c], 8. Maile Latukefu; 9. Brett Gillett, 10. Tom Woods; 11. Junior Toala, 12. Matt Mua, 13. Ben Gilbert, 14. Moses Tavola; 15. Mark Frost.
Warringah: 1. Dan Raymond, 2. Luke Holmes, 3. Dan Barnard; 4. Scott Flint, 5. Brent Murphy; 6. Beau Robinson, 7. Michael Lipman [c], 8. Trevor Richardson; 9. Andrew Gowling, 10. Hamish Angus; 11. Ed Doyle, 12. Josh Toole, 13. Will Sare, 14. Joelin Rapana; 15. Maurice Kennedy.
Referee: Angus Gardner

They have named Harvey twice I assume him at 5/8 and Preston at Fullback with Keil in 2nd grade. Are Toala and Thomas injured? As I notice Thomas is on the bench for 4th grade TG? What has happened to Dan Thomas?

AussieDominance

Trevor Allan (34)
Appointment of First Grade Coach
I have very great pleasure in announcing that we have appointed a new coach.
John Manenti, our current assistant first grade coach has agreed to take on the role when Brian Melrose leaves at the end of June. John is the current Australian Womens Rugby coach and has had extensive experience coaching various representative teams over the past decade

The Board is extremely pleased that John will be taking on this role and we wish him every success.

Rob Cusack
Chairman

Manenti replaces Melrose at Eastwood.

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
Not sure where to put this but Josh Tatatupu has sigend with Otago for the NPC and S15 next year so I think he will have played his last game for Souths.

gone

Ted Fahey (11)
AussieDominance said:
They have named Harvey twice I assume him at 5/8 and Preston at Fullback with Keil in 2nd grade. Are Toala and Thomas injured? As I notice Thomas is on the bench for 4th grade TG? What has happened to Dan Thomas?

Yep, Presto will be at fullback. Aa bit harsh on Keil who is not a inside centre and did play well in his one game at 10 against WH.

Paulie Tuala - injured, should be back next week. Will hopefully have to work his way up from 4th grade.

C. Thomas - will get 20 min in 4s and then a run in 2s, good to see some of the rockstars coming back through the lower grades.

D. Thomas - not sure what his injury is but have been told he is out for a while, possibly the whole season

Status
Not open for further replies.