• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2010

Who will you be supporting in the 2010 Shute Shield?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TerryTate

Allen Oxlade (6)
Re: 2010 NSW Club Rugby

id be interested to know about the colts sides for this year and the prospects of various teams for this coming season.
anyone know how sydney uni, gordon and rats have recruited?

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member

In 2009 both Parramatta and Penrith didn't field a Colts I team; opponents received five competition points and a 28-0 result. The word is Parra are going to field three Colts teams this year. Well done, Two Blues. The move to the Hills District hasn't been completely finalised, but they are going to move from Death Valley (aka Granville Oval). The Colts teams are training at Oakhill for the time being.

Don't know about Penrith, but I hope and pray they can put three Colts sides on the paddock. It's absolutely essential for the growth of rugby both Parramatta and Penrith are competitive.

AussieDominance

Trevor Allan (34)

I have a good mate of mine playing for Parra, played King's 1's & 2's the last two years. He said they have picked up a few ex Toyota Cup players still eligble for Colts due to personal situations, i.e kids, behaviour problems etc at there prospective league clubs.

He also said a few country players were playing including a few from the Central Coast. Said they had plenty of numbers and many of the Oakhill blokes have gone to Parramatta(with the training being at Oakhill). And brought a few mates along each which is good.

AD

TerryTate

Allen Oxlade (6)

hopefully there can be a colts 1sts team in both parra and penrith for the sake of rugby's survival out west..

judging by the amount of eastwood players at colts age in the junior waratahs you'd have to think they would be favourites this year with sydney uni to take out the premiership?

TerryTate

Allen Oxlade (6)

really? Aussie who are the teams to watch besides of course sydney uni? rats?

how are gordon looking this year?

gone

Ted Fahey (11)

A few more signings:

Nifo Nifo, Pauile Tuala and Vili Ratu have all left Gordon and have gone to Souths along with Luke Irwin (not surprising with McKibben signing for Easts) and the Easts Hooker from last year.

Also unconfirmed but I heard that Sisa Waqa may be heading there with his 3 mates from Gordon. He'll either be there or head to Easts to team up with Lachie Fear his former coach.

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)

Interesting development at Penrith with Uni's Colts Technical Director from last year, Nick Ryan, and Wallaby Al Kanaar assisting Penrith's Colts this year:

http://penrith-press.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/bolstered-penrith-emus-to-push-rugby-s-cause/

Ryan and Kanaar coached Uni First Colts to a Premiership last year. Nick has the extraordinary record of having coached seven Premiership winning teams in eight years of coaching. The other year his team was beaten in the Grand Final.

TheRiddler

Dave Cowper (27)

thatguy said:
A few more signings:

Nifo Nifo, Pauile Tuala and Vili Ratu have all left Gordon and have gone to Souths along with Luke Irwin (not surprising with McKibben signing for Easts) and the Easts Hooker from last year.

Also unconfirmed but I heard that Sisa Waqa may be heading there with his 3 mates from Gordon. He'll either be there or head to Easts to team up with Lachie Fear his former coach.

Not that worried with Nifo and Ratu going to Souths. They have both seen better days in their playing careers - but good signings nonetheless for Souths. Tuala though is a big loss - but does give Alcock a clear run.

My major concern at the moment is that it appears to be one way traffic out of Chatswood. Anyone of note coming the other way? Are Ed Gower and Kingsley Seale staying for another season. Are any of the up and coming 2nds making the push (such as Jared Barry). What's the atmosphere and feeling like on the training paddock?

gone

Ted Fahey (11)

TheRiddler said:
My major concern at the moment is that it appears to be one way traffic out of Chatswood. Anyone of note coming the other way? Are Ed Gower and Kingsley Seale staying for another season. Are any of the up and coming 2nds making the push (such as Jared Barry). What's the atmosphere and feeling like on the training paddock?

A few coming the other way:
Mike Hercus back to play 10 (will push Harvey to 12 and Keil to 2nd grade)
Corey Brown from Norths has strengthened the wing stocks
This Parramatta first grade Number 8 from last year
Former gordon colt Dan Thomas has returned from West Harbour

AussieDominance

Trevor Allan (34)

Was speaking too a family friend who was involved in getting a few sponsors for Gordon this year one with Nandos I am pretty sure(son plays colts) he said he heard Paulie Tuala and Nifo Nifo may be on the way back after negotiations.... So maybe there is hope after all...

Also possibility of another Force player playing this season... Whittaker, Turner & Haylett - Petty are back...

He said the financial situation is nearly solved with a few installments of $14,000 still to be paid....

He said about $100,000 had been paid off...

Heading in the right direction...

TerryTate

Allen Oxlade (6)

dominance, what are the Colts looking like down at Gordon after the publicity about the club over the off season? good recruitment?

AussieDominance

Trevor Allan (34)

Yeah I spoke to him about that he said it was looking red hot... Did some good things in putting the dominant Gordon what would be now U18's & U19's coaching staff in place in the Colts program so should get a lot of those coming through from Barker & Knox...

Also the link with Riverview is there with a member of there coaching staff heavily involved with Gordon as well...

Quite a few Australian & NSW Schools reps from the last few years though which is a good sign...

Zac Fell & Rissman are back and I am pretty sure Erik Moss is playing. Stirzaker will probably play after he gets back from a gap year as well(Australian Schools Half).

So looking good.

the gambler

Dave Cowper (27)

AussieDominance said:
Also the link with Riverview is there with a member of there coaching staff heavily involved with Gordon as well...

Good to see The King's School hasn't improved THEIR grammar teaching. I blame Facebook.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member

AussieDominance said:
...Colts program...should get a lot of those coming...from Barker & Knox...Riverview...

Looking good? WTF? Scraping the bottom of the barrel there, aren't you, AD?

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member

AussieDominance said:
Stirzaker will probably play after he gets back from a gap year as well(Australian Schools Half).

Excellent player and has the game to play Super rugby provided he can prove himself in the physicality stakes a few years from now.

AussieDominance

Trevor Allan (34)

Lindommer said:
AussieDominance said:
...Colts program...should get a lot of those coming...from Barker & Knox...Riverview...

Looking good? WTF? Scraping the bottom of the barrel there, aren't you, AD?

You could probably add a few Joeys/Shore + a few Central Coast kids that travel to the closest club...

Then also a few local Public School kids + ex Gordon Juniors...

You do that each year and you really should be a top Colts club you would think, it's all about the location...

Status
Not open for further replies.