• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I'll be interested to see whether Radike does play for them. He's signed for the Reds now so should play in QLD. Although certain financial factors may impact that decision.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Maloney has a foot in both camps; so SD shouldn't worry too much about Radike's availability.

I don't think that SD need a heap more players. They were in the lead of the comp for a long time in 2010 but didn't have the team experience for big games at the pointy end of the season. They'll be better this year and maybe hit their peak the year after.

Jed Holloway from the Northern Rivers region is a good young lock or 8, with a big future. He was at Waverley College in 2010 and got picked for the Oz Schools EOYT. I don't think he's with the Tahs Academy as the article indicates, but I wouldn't be surprised if he is one of these days.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Ouch - Thanks for that. Didn't see the "Nick" bit.

I'd better edit my post least the crook info I gave gives Manly tragics like lily a heart attack.

I like my story better but I don't think Nick the hooker will be playing much at flyhalf.

Love your avatar as I used to follow the Packers in their glory days. I've indicated a few times that I'm getting on in years - and I was working in the US when the first Super Bowl was televised. A bunch of non-Americans and I watched it, not recognising what a great sporting event it was going to turn out to be - though I had the same view of the 1st Rugby World Cup.

But I digress.

T

truckandtrailor

Wonder if Apo and Jed will play colts to start off or shoot straight into grade. Speaking on that subject, does anyone know of any colts players from last year to look out for in grade this year?

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
I have no idea about whether either would be needed in the lower grades but as a general rule both should start in Colts and especially Jed, an 8 or lock. Apo plays beyond his years and could get away with it at 12 but I hope that they keep him back for a while.

As for 2010 Colts stars moving into grade: maybe look down at the Sydney Colts 2010 thread to see who folks were talking up during the winter.

observer

Tom Lawton (22)
Changes at West Harbour. Andrew Cox has been appointed 1st grade coach. Stu Woodhouse is reviewing whether he will stick around. I hope he does as he seems like a good hand. Cox has previously coached at Warringah, Penrith and Norths.

http://www.westharbourrugby.com.au/

COACHING AND TRAINING UPDATE
In August 2010 the Board of West Harbour announced its decision to split the roles of Club Head Coach and First Grade Coach for the 2011 season. This was to ensure that both the club as a whole and the First Grade Team each had a person directly responsible for their performance. Stu Woodhouse accepted the role of Club Head Coach and we advertised for a First Grade Coach along with all other coaching positions.

The Board acknowledges that it has been some time since this communication in August and much rumour has been circulating recently. The current situation is that on Friday 7th January Stu Woodhouse informed the Board that he was reviewing whether he wished to continue in the role of Club Head Coach. The Board has since appointed John Lomax to the position of Interim Club Head Coach until such time as the issue is resolved.

Meanwhile, we are in final stages of negotiation with Andrew Cox as the new First Grade Coach. Andrew has coached teams to three premierships in Sydney Club Rugby and is a level 3 coach in both rugby and rowing. We look forward to welcoming Andrew to the club.

The Club is also pleased to announce the appointment of Kevin Thomas as Colts Coordinator for the coming season and that Nathan Holman will continue in his role as Senior Academy Coach.

Training re-commences at 6:30pm Tuesday 11 January at St Lukes and will be led by club Strength and Conditioning Coach, Clint Hill. John Lomax, Andrew Cox, Club President, Bob Ellis, and other members of the Board will be at training on Tuesday and will be available to answer any of your questions.

Bob Ellis
Club President
0418 976 839

lily

Vay Wilson (31)
The Manly Daily has suggested that the Marlins have been talking to a few players from other clubs recently. Ed Gower is a name mentioned.

S

Spectator101

Yes he is as as Harvey, Plotsky, alcock and Barry signed with Eastwood.. as rumours go.

blues recovery

Billy Sheehan (19)
First training session of the season for the Two Blues last night . Over 60 players there split about 50/50 colts seniors. Fantastic roll up , this time last year had about 12 all up ! Roll on April.

2bluesjnr11

I have played for parra since i was 10...
I was there when everyone left and i will be here when everyone comes back...
Was at training last night and for the 1st time in 2 and a half years I can see some light at the end of the tunnel !!!
And i can feel a good rebuilding season this year

blues recovery

Billy Sheehan (19)
Good on you mate for sticking with us. No big predictions from us for this year we need to be realistic but we do have long memories and will specifically remember the clubs that were dancing on our grave last year when the giant that will be two blues rugby awakens. If your a colts player tell all your mates. By the way isnt it a real shame to see wests rip themselves apart!

BrumbiesPolynesian

Fred Wood (13)
Can confirm the Yakopo's have gone, not sure about Sam but defiantly Dan. Also Sione Tuala the vikings prop has gone. Will be interesting to see how vikings go in the John I Dent

From all reports (but yet to be confirmed), Yakapo brothers are certainties, also Sione Taula from Tuggies and also Tyler Stephens from Queanbeyan. But also the following players are rumored to be following: Robbie Coleman (Qbyn), Bronson Sheppard (Royals), Tomu Maitaika (Tuggies but with Rebels Academy also), Colby Fainga'a and also Henry Seavula from West Harbour and possible Waqa Vulawalu from Gordon and Tim Cornforth from Royals. Add to this likely hood of Christian Lealiifano playing Shute Shield for Parra also.

H

HappyHC

Ahhhh - Rumour and Speculation

I have heard rumours of between 10 and 16 new recruits for Parra. Not all from Canberra

Status
Not open for further replies.