• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Tim Davidson played his 100th game as Captain of Uni in today's big win over Southern Districts. 100 games for 92 wins. Say what you like about Uni but Davo is a champion bloke and a champion rugby player.

Great to hear. However, if he is really a champion bloke, why isn't he playing for a weaker club?

Cyril Towers (30)
Great to hear. However, if he is really a champion bloke, why isn't he playing for a weaker club?
OK, I'll play. Davo grew up in Young, went to Kings and then went to Sydney Uni to study. Never associated with any junior club in Sydney. Played with Uni from Colts. Been there for about 10 years.
Who should he play for?

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Eastwood vs Souths: Eastwood
Manly vs Uni: Manly
Parramatta vs Wests: Parramatta
Norths vs Warringah: Norths

Parramatta vs Uni: Uni
Souths vs Norths: Souths

Eastwood vs Uni: Uni
Manly vs Souths: Manly

Manly vs Uni GF with Manly to win!

Blackers13

Syd Malcolm (24)
Manly vs Uni: Manly

Parramatta vs Uni: Uni
Souths vs Norths: Souths

Eastwood vs Uni: Uni
Manly vs Souths: Manly

Manly vs Uni GF with Manly to win!

Or alternately...

Manly vs Uni: Uni

Parramatta vs Manly: Manly
Souths vs Norths: Norths

Eastwood vs Manly: Eastwood
Uni vs Norths: Uni
Eastwood vs Uni GF with Eastwood to win and the heirachy breathe a sigh of relief.

blindside

Stan Wickham (3)
So Saturday semi's is teams 2 vs 3. I find it very interesting to see Syd Uni playing on the Saturday in the 2nd grade semi making all 4 Syd Uni teams playing on the same day. Maybe Bruce has an explanation for this??

K

Keithy

Bruce had nothing to do with the schedule. SRU is trying to have all clubs play together to help with teams needing reserves. It was the same last week with the colts. Have a look at this weeks colts schedule and you will find all randwick, norths and eastwood teams playing on the same days.
Easts have 3 grades at woollahra, eastwood have 3 grades at milner, randwick have 2 grades at coogee and next week manly will be playing at home.

blindside

Stan Wickham (3)
Bruce had nothing to do with the schedule. SRU is trying to have all clubs play together to help with teams needing reserves. It was the same last week with the colts. Have a look at this weeks colts schedule and you will find all randwick, norths and eastwood teams playing on the same days.
Easts have 3 grades at woollahra, eastwood have 3 grades at milner, randwick have 2 grades at coogee and next week manly will be playing at home.

manly 1st grade colts and forshaw last saturday. manly 2nd grade colts at forshaw sunday. Same goes for this weekend. manly first grade at coogee saturday. manly 2nd grade at milner on sunday. Am I missing something here?

K

Keithy

It's not about 2 v 3 or 1 v 4 in all grades playing at the same venue. It was about trying to line up ABC tv matches and club teams. If you have a look at all grades, not just 1st grade, SRU have kept the clubs together as much as possible.
Uni all Sat at Coogee
Randwick 2 Saturday at Coogee, 1 Sunday at Merrylands
Norths 1 Saturday at Woollahra, 3 Sunday at Merrylands
Rats all Saturday at Woollahra
Easts all Saturday at Woollahra
Manly 2 Saturday at Coogee, 2 Sunday at TG
EW 3 Sunday at TG, 1 Saturday at Woollahra
Southern Sunday at TG
Parra Sunday at Merrylands
Gordon Sunday at Merrylands
West Harbour have the rough road with 2 Sunday at TG and 2 Sunday at Merrylands.
I don't think Bruce would have organised 2 matches vs Randwick at Coogee (2nd & 4th Grades). He would probable prefer to play at Woollahra, a neutral ground.

K

Keithy

manly 1st grade colts and forshaw last saturday. manly 2nd grade colts at forshaw sunday. Same goes for this weekend. manly first grade at coogee saturday. manly 2nd grade at milner on sunday. Am I missing something here?
I think you will find the ABC wanted the Manly v Uni game Saturday. Made sense to have Uni vs Randwick 2nd grade at Coogee and Eastwood vs Manly 2nd grade at TG before Eastwood vs Southern ABC TV match.
Manly finished 3rd, 4th and 8th in the lower grades. I don't see why Uni who finished 1st in all 3 lower grades should move. I bet the next week the Manly teams will all be playing at Manly oval.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
I think we all know its not Bruce, but gee Uni came out of it well, and it would be impossible to please all.

Gee with Manly having 1st and 3rd at Coogee on Saturday at a "Neutral". (Uni is playing 1s and 3s at Coogee)
It would have been good having Manly 2nds there playing Eastwood - on a Neutral Ground rather than playing Sunday at TG. (oops Uni is playing 2's at Coogee.)
And Manly 4ths playing Wests on Saturday at TG - why not also have that game at Coogee. (Oops Uni is playing in 4s at Coogee)

So Uni turn their noses up at the Sydney V Country rep game and they appear to be looked after the Sat - thoughts???

I don't think Bruce would have organised 2 matches vs Randwick at Coogee (2nd & 4th Grades). He would probable prefer to play at Woollahra, a neutral ground.
True and home ground advantage for Randwick, by swaping those to games with the Manly 2's & 4's both games would be played at Neutral Grounds

blindside

Stan Wickham (3)
I suppose the format shouldnt really suprise after the 'split comp' decision this year. Really laughable stuff. I look forward to see what they throw up in 2013. I would be more than confident they won't go with the same format than in 2012. Little wonder the Waratahs are the way they are.

K

Keithy

Lets go back to top 6 and have only 2 ovals not 4 to worry about. Oops Manly's 4th grade wouldn't get a start.

Status
Not open for further replies.