• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
Does anyone know if there is any chance of a reprieve for Easts' loss of points prior to the weekend?

It seems that they hit a rough patch just before the cut and given they were in the top half of the draw, had little chance to regain their momentum.

Although I'm not sure why they've lost those competition points, it sounds like a particularly tough punishment should they miss out.

If they do, I can't see Easts supporting the format next year

I understand they lost 4 points in every grade and every colts team for having received too many red / yellow cards over the course of the season. I don't know when this rule was introduced but it seems very harsh.

O

Ole Two Blue

I understand they lost 4 points in every grade and every colts team for having received too many red / yellow cards over the course of the season. I don't know when this rule was introduced but it seems very harsh.

RULE 26 TOLERABLE LEVELS OF
ESTABLISHED OFFENCES
26.1 Each Club shall have a tolerable
level 7 established offences, provided it
fields the full 7 grades for the full duration
of the Competition. If a Club withdraws a
grade or grades during the season, its
tolerable level will decrease by 1 per grade
withdrawn.
26.1.1 Should a Club field a 5th Grade
side for at least half of the duration of the
competition, its tolerable level shall
increase by 1.
26.2 Once a club reaches its tolerable
level of established offences a written
warning & $50 fine will be sent to the club.
26.3 Fines will double for each further
established offence above the tolerable
level.
26.4 In addition to the progressive fine
system, once a club has two established
offences above the tolerable level, the club
will be asked to meet with the Union and
will automatically lose one full round of
competition points, including club
championship points (i.e. four ladder
points and corresponding club
Championship points for each grade in the
Club).
26.5 For any further established
offences the club will be asked to show
cause why it should remain in the
Competition.

This rule has been in for atleast 4 years. 26.4 clearly states continued breaches of the rule will incur automatic loss of points. I am perplexed as to how Easts thought they had a strong case to appeal.

MACCA

Ron Walden (29)
Assistant coach randwick 1st colts 2010
Scots college assistant coach 2011 and 2012
Managing director of Stallion rugby
So the randwick website says
Does anyone rate Wade Kelly? Not wishing to be derogatory just keen to get a reference on him

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)

I also wasnt aware of this rule, nor have I seen any of this years infringements - the 4 rounds (in the shorterened season) I''ve seen seemed very clean to me.
Nor in this thread has an one made comment about Easts being dirty - if they have been I'm sure some one would have past comment???
I have seen plenty of comments though about Penrith - I think even 2 colts games may have been called before full time???

I think docking the points is unfair.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
An established offence is any offence where the judiciary has reached a guilty verdict. So that could be red cards or citings

So does that mean that Easts have recorded 9 red cards / citings with guilty verdicts across their 7 teams so far this year?
If that's the case then I withdraw my comment that the docking of points was harsh.
I thought it included yellow cards which can be somewhat subjective and inconsistent between referees.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Easts Discipline issues. Harsh but fair, and in accordance with the comp rules, So I have no problem with the ruling whatsoever.

Maybe this may result in the club doing something about its poor discipline.

Other clubs should also take notice.

Good to see SRU having balls to enforce this rule.

It is what it is

John Solomon (38)
Easts Discipline issues. Harsh but fair, and in accordance with the comp rules, So I have no problem with the ruling whatsoever.

Maybe this may result in the club doing something about its poor discipline.

Other clubs should also take notice.

Good to see SRU having balls to enforce this rule.
What else if anything have SRU contributed to the betterment of rugby in 2012?

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
It doesn't seem as though the SRU is expecting much interest in the 8 team playoffs given the grounds they've selected for some games!

Qualifying Finals
Saturday, August 25 - Woollahra Oval [poor viewing facilities for spectators; hope the ground is in better shape this year]
Saturday August 25 - Coogee Oval [not too bad]
Sunday August 26 - TG Millner [excellent]
Sunday August 26 - Merrylands RSL Rugby Park [they must be joking!]
Semi-Finals
Saturday September 1 - Manly Oval [major parking problem unless you want to pay $30 for the day]
Sunday September 2 - Manly Oval
Preliminary Finals
Saturday September 8 - TG Millner
Sunday September 9 - TG Millner

Blackers13

Syd Malcolm (24)
It doesn't seem as though the SRU is expecting much interest in the 8 team playoffs given the grounds they've selected for some games!

Qualifying Finals
Saturday, August 25 - Woollahra Oval [poor viewing facilities for spectators; hope the ground is in better shape this year]
Saturday August 25 - Coogee Oval [not too bad]
Sunday August 26 - TG Millner [excellent]
Sunday August 26 - Merrylands RSL Rugby Park [they must be joking!]
Semi-Finals
Saturday September 1 - Manly Oval [major parking problem unless you want to pay $30 for the day]
Sunday September 2 - Manly Oval
Preliminary Finals
Saturday September 8 - TG Millner
Sunday September 9 - TG Millner

OK coach I'll bite. What exactly is the problem with Merrylands? One of the better playing surfaces in the comp, undercover seating, BBQ, canteen, plenty of parking. The visitors changeroom may be a little small but the showers work and unless you really are a coach or just enjoy hanging around changerooms, that shouldn't bother you. MAybe you're just a prejudiced dinosaur?

T

Tahboy

Ryan09 I would rather go to merrylands than a few other grounds to watch finals footy
The change rooms are pretty ordinary and I think it takes away the feel for a player the 5 minutes before running onto the field but besides that I would have no problems.

O

Ole Two Blue

Ryan09 I would rather go to merrylands than a few other grounds to watch finals footy
The change rooms are pretty ordinary and I think it takes away the feel for a player the 5 minutes before running onto the field but besides that I would have no problems.

I concede the change rooms arent exactly the Taj Mahal of Concord....but they are on a par with any of the other away team dressing rooms in the competition. Certainly better than the flood you get at Woollahra and Milner, or the public toilet around the back at Coogee.

Believe it or not, we don't actually want the opposition to feel comfortable when they are out here. We welcome all teams of course, but we don't want them feeling like they want to stay!

As for the spectators, what would any other clubs spectators know about the facilities at Merrylands?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom