• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2013 Transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crashy

Arch Winning (36)
Belly, I dearly hope that you are right. If that is the case why have no announcements been made?
Can you imagine the positive effect on club rugby, rugby in the west and rugby in general if Israel played for the Two Blues?

Glen Christini

Peter Burge (5)
In terms of "in comp" transfers Parra have very little. We have picked up 1 first grade player from Penrith, 1 first grade player from West Harbour and 1 first grade player from Randwick. I won't name them just yet as one of them at least has to get round his mates etc and let everyone know - his first training with us was Tuesday.

Our other newcomers are either coming across the ditch, from interstate or former Parramatta Juniors who have been in the "other game" for a couple of seasons and are now coming home. In a couple of cases locals returning from overseas as well. It is very encouraging for our culture that local guys are starting to view us as the place to be and that players looking at coming into the Shute Shield are willing to sacrifice bigger offers elsewhere to play at Parra. All of this outlines some of our major objectives in terms of recruitment etc when we started the journey two seasons ago.

MACCA

Ron Walden (29)
In terms of "in comp" transfers Parra have very little. We have picked up 1 first grade player from Penrith, 1 first grade player from West Harbour and 1 first grade player from Randwick. I won't name them just yet as one of them at least has to get round his mates etc and let everyone know - his first training with us was Tuesday.

Our other newcomers are either coming across the ditch, from interstate or former Parramatta Juniors who have been in the "other game" for a couple of seasons and are now coming home. In a couple of cases locals returning from overseas as well. It is very encouraging for our culture that local guys are starting to view us as the place to be and that players looking at coming into the Shute Shield are willing to sacrifice bigger offers elsewhere to play at Parra. All of this outlines some of our major objectives in terms of recruitment etc when we started the journey two seasons ago.
well done & good luck with it. the talent pool out west is very impressive and I continue to see a 'other game" creating too big a gap from amateur to professional footy. It wasn't that long ago when all mungo clubs would recruit players from the bush (or noon elite clubs) that were in their early 20s and could still crack it at NRL level. that is virtually impossible now however can still be done in the SS. Guys can get to play at a high level and gain the enjoyment and satisfaction that goes with that whereas if you miss the cut at 15 in the mungos you have little chance to crack it. That scenario could see Parra going ahead big time.

B

BellyTwoBlues

Belly, I dearly hope that you are right. If that is the case why have no announcements been made?
Can you imagine the positive effect on club rugby, rugby in the west and rugby in general if Israel played for the Two Blues?

Oh I can imagine. Unfortunately though I was just being cheeky. Sadly, thouh there is significant pressure being placed on him to go to Randwick.

Knuckles

Ted Thorn (20)
Oleni Ngungutau has broken the shackles of his uncle Daniel Manu and headed over Tom Ugly's Bridge to Southern Districts. 3rd club in 3 years!

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
Oh I can imagine. Unfortunately though I was just being cheeky. Sadly, thouh there is significant pressure being placed on him to go to Randwick.

Belly, where's the pressure coming from?
Interesting to contrast this with the comments made in the SS2013 forum about providing support for the struggling clubs like Penrith. If he lives up to the hype it's unlikely he'll be seen much at club level, even assuming he has any interest in playing for a club. So his main value to any club is going to be in PR and surely that's exactly what Penrith etc needs. He doesn't need to live there or even travel there very often....just the occasional public appearance, turn up at training etc. If the pressure to go to Randwick or Uni is coming from Waratah Rugby or the ARU then it's just another example of their incompetence. Unless of course they don't believe the hype and believe he needs to spend significant time in the club environment to learn the game. (PS: I remember all the clubs falling over themselves trying to sign Rocky Elsom when he first game down from Qld and what was the result....he played a grand total of 2.5 games for Randwick in his entire career!)

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)

Hey Glen, who is the Randwick player?

Crashy

Arch Winning (36)
Pete - if you look at the Two Blues website, there are a stack of photos from this week's training session. There is a wild haired fella with Randwick shorts on who I recognise from the Wick's first grade team...

Glen Christini

Peter Burge (5)
He said he won't name them as yet!

I am giving all three the space needed to settle. They have all made a fairly major decision based purely on rugby, it is always a big call to change clubs within the same competition and it takes a player a few trainings at the new club to feel part of it. When they feel part of it you can see it in how comfortable they look training, in the meantime I don't think it is fair for their coach to put them out there to have some shit hung on them (which will always happen no matter what the intentions).

Still nothing from others i see - must be no player movement going on out there.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Glen,
In addition to Belly, the only other SS club official that I know of that has "come out" has been the Hobbits GM (name eludes me at the moment).

Bruce Ross is not an Official at Uni, but seems to be have been appointed as the official scapegoat for Uni by those Gaggerlanders looking for a witch to burn.

I do not doubt that most other SS clubs have eyes and ears on these threads, but not many have the strength of character or conviction to "out" themselves as you and Belly have done.

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)
I am giving all three the space needed to settle. They have all made a fairly major decision based purely on rugby, it is always a big call to change clubs within the same competition and it takes a player a few trainings at the new club to feel part of it. When they feel part of it you can see it in how comfortable they look training, in the meantime I don't think it is fair for their coach to put them out there to have some shit hung on them (which will always happen no matter what the intentions).

Still nothing from others i see - must be no player movement going on out there.
Fair enough, I saw the player on website played on the wing for wicks but i think prefers centres. good honest toiler. Was his first season with Randwick last year, all the best to him.

To the wicks :

Penrith front row and no 6
Mark Koteziky, Nathan Paila from Easts
Brogan roods uni colts
Couple of leaguies from Newton Jets
decent back from the breakers Qld

Outgoing
Mcgann - retire
Winger mentioned

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Glen,
In addition to Belly, the only other SS club official that I know of that has "come out" has been the Hobbits GM (name eludes me at the moment).

Bruce Ross is not an Official at Uni, but seems to be have been appointed as the official scapegoat for Uni by those Gaggerlanders looking for a witch to burn.

I do not doubt that most other SS clubs have eyes and ears on these threads, but not many have the strength of character or conviction to "out" themselves as you and Belly have done.
I finished playing randwick in 06 and was a runner last year for a few grades and will be again this year.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
Fair enough, I saw the player on website played on the wing for wicks but i think prefers centres. good honest toiler. Was his first season with Randwick last year, all the best to him.

To the wicks :

Penrith front row and no 6
Mark Koteziky, Nathan Paila from Easts
Brogan roods uni colts
Couple of leaguies from Newton Jets
decent back from the breakers Qld

Outgoing
Mcgann - retire
Winger mentioned

what is the name of the breakers player

Status
Not open for further replies.