• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
Further to the above, the NSWRU's answer to every problem is to appoint more administrators, hence the reform of the SRU.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Who are the SRU officials and executive?

What do they do?

What is their constitution?

Where are their annual reports?

There was a time when Sydney RU rep team would play visiting international teams, and give them a bloody good run for their money as well.

From the 2012 NSWRU annual report: http://www.nswrugby.com.au/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=zVpWActICFo=&tabid=590
Rob MILLNER appears to be the SRU President
Geoff BALDWIN appears to be one of the "fellow board members".
Don't know who the rest of them are.
Lisa KANE and Bruce WORBOYS also seem to do some hard work throughout the year but may not be on the Board.
There we go - Lisa KANE is Competition Manager.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
Who are the SRU officials and executive?

What do they do?

What is their constitution?

Where are their annual reports?

There was a time when Sydney RU rep team would play visiting international teams, and give them a bloody good run for their money as well.

From the 2012 NSWRU annual report: http://www.nswrugby.com.au/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=zVpWActICFo=&tabid=590
Rob MILLNER appears to be the SRU President
Geoff BALDWIN appears to be one of the "fellow board members".
Don't know who the rest of them are.
Lisa KANE and Bruce WORBOYS also seem to do some hard work throughout the year but may not be on the Board.
There we go - Lisa KANE is Competition Manager.

All appointed by and obviously answerable to the NSWRU.
So they're really just a sub-committee within the NSWRU, but probably have their own wine cellar and allocation of free tickets to Waratah and Wallaby games.
Hugh, your questions above are good ones and I'd be very interested in the answers!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Slightly related to naming the faceless men running the SRU, but apparently there is another mob whom I believe are tasked with reviewing the Shute Shield competition, and funnily enough this is called the Review Board.

A reasonably reliable snout has told me that they know there are "three of them, but I can't remember their names".

Done that

Ron Walden (29)
I have been told that the $50k sponsorship promised to all clubs by an alcohol company last year,
has not been paid.

refugee

Sydney Middleton (9)
I like wine, can I be on a committee.

If given the balance of selection from all clubs who would get chosen to match last weeks uni team?

JT0406

Allen Oxlade (6)
Uni's 2nd grade side would beat everyone's 1st grade side. Not kidding.

Are you suggesting Uni field a 'second' 1st grade team for he 2014 Shute Shield comp? Could you imagine the uproar from the rest of the clubs in the comp...

JT0406

Allen Oxlade (6)
I wonder if they are carrying any fresh reserves across the grades as well.
Jeremy Tilse - always the bridesmaid

Given Uni 2nd grade play on Sat and 1st on Sun, i would imagine Uni 1st grade will have some fresh (24hrs rest) reserves. As oppose to Manly 2nd grade who play before 1st grade game on the same day.

JT0406

Allen Oxlade (6)
On paper they look strong.
Manly will turn up to play.

They will need to and for 80 mins. The reserves could be the point of difference.

It is shaping up to be a good contest and good day out if your a Marlin supporter given 2nd & 3rd grades will playing before hand.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
They will need to and for 80 mins. The reserves could be the point of difference.

It is shaping up to be a good contest and good day out if your a Marlin supporter given 2nd & 3rd grades will playing before hand.

The full 80!!
For a Marlin, but also club rugby,with Uni 2s on Saturday, no doubt they'll travel for Sunday. Should be some cracking rugby.

Interested party

Frank Nicholson (4)
All appointed by and obviously answerable to the NSWRU.
So they're really just a sub-committee within the NSWRU, but probably have their own wine cellar and allocation of free tickets to Waratah and Wallaby games.
Hugh, your questions above are good ones and I'd be very interested in the answers!

I think you will find that the SRU board is elected by the clubs. They are not a sub set of NSWRU and if the clubs are complaining about the SRU board they should elect new members at the SRU AGM.
Unfortunately the Clubs seem to just consider themselves and many don't look at the competition or Rugby as a whole.
As for NSWRU appointing more administrators I was told that NSWRU only has about 3 employees.

Zander

Ron Walden (29)
Are you suggesting Uni field a 'second' 1st grade team for he 2014 Shute Shield comp? Could you imagine the uproar from the rest of the clubs in the comp.

How did I suggest that in any form? I'm just saying if their listed 2nd grade side played any other 1st grade side in the comp, yes including Manly, Eastwood and Southern they would more than be competitive and even win.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Seriously, the Shute Shield should just play 12 Sydney University teams next year in the comp, get rid of everyone else. 2 Waratahs players to each side. Would work extremely well.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
I think you will find that the SRU board is elected by the clubs. They are not a sub set of NSWRU and if the clubs are complaining about the SRU board they should elect new members at the SRU AGM.
Unfortunately the Clubs seem to just consider themselves and many don't look at the competition or Rugby as a whole.
As for NSWRU appointing more administrators I was told that NSWRU only has about 3 employees.

I believe there are 10 members of the NSWRU board (not all employees) and 1 of those (Bruce Warboys) is the executive director and he also sits on the board of the SRU. The other members of the SRU board may be elected by the clubs but the board is definitely not independent of the NSWRU as far as I'm aware. I wasn't suggesting that the administrators are employees. I was trying to make the point that the reaction of the NSWRU to any issue is to appoint a committee to look into it but we never see any outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.