• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

turnovertwopasses

Did it to emphasise the dire financial state of rugby clubs in this town due to the work of some

BeastieBoy

Herbert Moran (7)
Shute Shield is now the 4th tier. It used to be the 2nd 15+ years ago. What will happen to it? What should they do? What will happen to those clubs who arn't in the NRC? It costs $200k for a licence. How is this helping the clubs who are fielding a team?

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
I think you are working on out dated information BB.
In version 2.1 Uncle Bill was promoting a licence fee,essentially to run the comp without any ARU subsidy.
Now we are at version 2.4 or 2.5,whereby Foxtel have come to the party with an unexpected $1M payment for TV rights.
My understanding is that the original licence fee has been reduced dramatically if not totally.

B

BellyTwoBlues

I think you are working on out dated information BB.
In version 2.1 Uncle Bill was promoting a licence fee,essentially to run the comp without any ARU subsidy.
Now we are at version 2.4 or 2.5,whereby Foxtel have come to the party with an unexpected $1M payment for TV rights.
My understanding is that the original licence fee has been reduced dramatically if not totally.

There's been no suggestion of a licence fee in all of the chats I've been involved in.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
There's been no suggestion of a licence fee in all of the chats I've been involved in.
i don't doubt that,but BP has been quoted as suggesting there might be.I hope all respondents has had the same discussions....
Please someone tell me the value of the EOI process when it is not clear what you are expressing an interest in? Or more specifically what you are participating in,and what you are committing to.

B

BellyTwoBlues

i don't doubt that,but BP has been quoted as suggesting there might be.I hope all respondents has had the same discussions..
Please someone tell me the value of the EOI process when it is not clear what you are expressing an interest in? Or more specifically what you are participating in,and what you are committing to.

Admittedly, the lack of detail coming from ARU is concerning.

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
You can still watch old games on that website. Picture Quality is better than abc I view but commentary was no where it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Knuckles

Ted Thorn (20)
Well, well well. I was taking the dogs for a stroll along the beach at Queenscliff this morning and low and behold, I spotted a group of close to 100 players being put through their paces on the Queensie stairs. I thought to myself, what a great turn up for a tough session (it was 8am) in a great part of the world. To have numbers like that must speak volumes for the culture of the club.

I rounded out my walk heading over the bridge and did the loop back via the Queenscliff rd, Greycliffe st loop and by then they moved onto the sand. I decided to stick around and have a look at the training session. There was a smaller group heading onto the stairs at this stage who were all wearing Marlins shorts or shirts etc. So who was the larger group? They were clearly a rugby club by their numbers and bodyshape. My curiosity got the better of me so I went closer to the larger group to have a look and was stunned to see it was the Two Blues. Oh my god. What a turn out. They looked fit, some of them were absolute monsters and there were so many of them. They must've stayed overnight locally somewhere. I spoke to their coach, and asked him was this their whole squad. To my surprise he said no. They were absolutely flogged and the players just lapped it up. They all got up early and headed over together. Some of the players were up at 5.30am to get there.

It looked they had twice the group of what MMM did. And were certainly working harder.

It was a tremendous sight.

Well done Parra

howyagoin

Ted Fahey (11)
Yep spoke to a parra player on Saturday afternoon who said they had a 2.5 hour session down there. Rod Cutler seems to have them going well from all accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.