• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
F*^K THAT S#@T. Bloody apple juice

And its presence has reached plague proportions. My nephew (who works for a brewery) used to come to family functions with complimentary beers, two weeks ago he turns up with cider and I had to go with the tea drinkers, and last week on my Coles docket, instead of 2 for 1 wines I can buy 2 for 1 ciders (no thanks).

Bomber Harris

Chris McKivat (8)
Agree Dave B - Ed's strike wasn't good but in context, explicable although (lest there be howls of outrage) not justifiable - at least he will be running out this week for the MMM's to inflict pain on Uni .

Re Rats bench - perhaps lack of depth ;)

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
What about kickers that take forever to line up? I went downstairs to get a cupuccino while the Uni goalkicker was making his interminable preparations and he still hadn't kicked it by the time I got back!!

Well done!
Couldn't get a coffee that quickly at Chatswood on Saturday :rolleyes:

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
What about kickers that take forever to line up?

Same principle. If the kicker hasn't kicked the ball within a minute the opposition may charge and prevent the conversion/penalty being taken.

Does the "1 minute from when the kicking tee comes on" rule apply in the SS?

Moonball

Stan Wickham (3)
They take too long:)

A way to cut scrum times in half would be to not allow sides to call another scrum after it has collapsed and they have been given a FK or penalty. Would also help with the safety aspect of the game as there are still too many collapsing.

howyagoin

Ted Fahey (11)
They take too long:)

A way to cut scrum times in half would be to not allow sides to call another scrum after it has collapsed and they have been given a FK or penalty. Would also help with the safety aspect of the game as there are still too many collapsing.
The call did come from the referees last year that there would only be 1 reset per scrum then it would be free kicked... Have barely seen in happen in the opening 3 rounds

kabbear

Frank Nicholson (4)
I really miss the "Rugby News" programme .....surely the SRU (who?) could distribute the team sheets each week. What do they actually do for their dollar????

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
I really miss the "Rugby News" programme ...surely the SRU (who?) could distribute the team sheets each week. What do they actually do for their dollar????

I said the same thing last Saturday.
It's unbelievably unprofessional that the bodies which run rugby (ie NSWRU and SRU) cannot provide a program at SS games and rely instead on a third party which they are apparently not even prepared to provide financial assistance to.

The Rugby News website is now going to provide a downloadable / printable preview of the games, team sheets and top scorers each Friday which is certainly better than nothing.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
It's unbelievably unprofessional that the bodies which run rugby (ie NSWRU and SRU) cannot provide a program at SS games and rely instead on a third party which they are apparently not even prepared to provide financial assistance to.

The Rugby News website is now going to provide a downloadable / printable preview of the games, team sheets and top scorers each Friday which is certainly better than nothing.

I think with the evolution of the NRC the SRU is a wasted body.
Shute Shield is currently the third tier, the ARU should punt to SRU and the respected entities and engage the NRC body now to start promoting and developing - very broadly speaking.

MACCA

Ron Walden (29)

Couldn't agree more!!!!
With all these professional sports managers working for the ARU/NSWRU/SRU using terms and buzzwords like "product" & "engaging with stakeholders" they may not get it.
We are the stakeholders & we like to know who is playing!! More interest = more people at the games.
I bet if we go to a Country Rugby or league game they will have such things
baaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh

kabbear

Frank Nicholson (4)
Great news Coach..but even school boy rugby supply a programme at the game!

The Butts

Herbert Moran (7)
I bet if we go to a Country Rugby or league game they will have such things
baaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh

Actually, last season, the Warnervale Wildcats Rugby Club had a full 16 page program for every home game. Showed team lists for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd grades.
Was a great initiative and gave their sponsors an bit of exposure with their advts and stories sprinkled around. Also pictures of last week's games as well as current ladder positions.
If a Country Rugby side could do it, why not the Sydney clubs?

FTS

Billy Sheehan (19)
Would love to see West Harbour get some TV games this season, seems they play an exciting style of footy.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
Actually, last season, the Warnervale Wildcats Rugby Club had a full 16 page program for every home game. Showed team lists for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd grades.
Was a great initiative and gave their sponsors an bit of exposure with their advts and stories sprinkled around. Also pictures of last week's games as well as current ladder positions.
If a Country Rugby side could do it, why not the Sydney clubs?

Maybe they'd like to run the SS :D

Status
Not open for further replies.