• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Backrow

Allen Oxlade (6)
Saw in RugbyNews or SMH or something that Cheika is putting the big unit on the bench, but not going to give him much game time. More getting used to the environment etc.

What a good way to help a young players development, sit on the bench and watch the other guys.

Kids learn and get better by playing, he could play for twoblues on Sat and ably warm the bench with the rest of the waratahs hangers on that sit in that little box there.

Conspiracy theory: Cheika doesn't want his old mates Randwick to play against the big marn and either get trampled or get trampled and lose.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
Saw in RugbyNews or SMH or something that Cheika is putting the big unit on the bench, but not going to give him much game time. More getting used to the environment etc.

What a good way to help a young players development, sit on the bench and watch the other guys.

Kids learn and get better by playing, he could play for twoblues on Sat and ably warm the bench with the rest of the waratahs hangers on that sit in that little box there.

Conspiracy theory: Cheika doesn't want his old mates Randwick to play against the big marn and either get trampled or get trampled and lose.

Your theory would carry more weight if Cheika played Bread on the wing and released Carraro to the Wicks instead of having two wingers on the bench ;)

Blackers13

Syd Malcolm (24)

Spot on. BTW is it some kind of record that Taqele gets called into the 23 after only 1 game of senior Rugby? Even Folau played trials.

Done that

Ron Walden (29)
I notice that the 2 West Harbour players sent off in last weeks game against Warringah,leading to a
controversial finish & loss by Wests, have both been cleared to play this weekend.

Moonball

Stan Wickham (3)
I hope they apologised to their team mates for their pathetic childish temper tantrums that cost Wests the game.

Yeah,I am surprised they are considering Brooks at all this week.
I'd be blaming him before the ref.
Gross act of stupidity!

I don't think you guys get it, Joel brooks was exonerated, have a look at the tape he did use his arms in the tackle so should not have received the 1st yellow card and he didn't throw a punch and should not have been sent off. Why the hell should he apologise to anyone?
Usia was exonerated as well, in other words 3 very bad calls by the officials. Don't get me wrong I am not condoning what happened afterwards but don't blame the players when after several reviews of the tapes by more than one official they are found innocent.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
What you say makes sense about the first yellow,and it explains why there were no further penalties.
When a yellow card offence is reviewed,and no further sanctions are applied,it does not mean they were exonerated.
Merely that the yellow card was deemed an appropriate penalty.

paul martin

Ted Fahey (11)
Firstly,Usia. The incident was not on video. What is the sanction for spitting anyway? I doubt anyone would be suspended for it. Fact is if he hadn't lost his temper and done something stupid Wests' try would have stood and they would have won.

Brooks. He upends a bloke who never had the ball and then carries on like a mental case. Gets himself yellow carded which turns red since he had already been yellow carded. The offence was clearly not enough to warrant a suspension but was still incredibly stupid. Wests only need to hold on for a few minutes. Don't do dumb stuff. Little toddlers can't control their tempers,grown men learn how to hold stuff in.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
If Souths, Eastwood, Uni, Manly and Warringah win tomorrow there will be a big gap between Souths (5th) on 25 or 26 points and Wests (8th) on 12, 13 or 14 points. With Parra and Wicks sitting in the middle.

Early days with still 11 rounds to play, but I'd suggest the current top 5 are almost certain to be in the playoffs which only leaves one spot to be fought out between Parra, Wicks and maybe Wests.

Yikes

Stan Wickham (3)
I don't think you guys get it, Joel brooks was exonerated, have a look at the tape he did use his arms in the tackle so should not have received the 1st yellow card and he didn't throw a punch and should not have been sent off. Why the hell should he apologise to anyone?
Usia was exonerated as well, in other words 3 very bad calls by the officials. Don't get me wrong I am not condoning what happened afterwards but don't blame the players when after several reviews of the tapes by more than one official they are found innocent.

I like to watch and paul martin are spot on.

I have seen the video. It is on vimeo. It was a late no arms tackle. The video is not clear as to the punch. Regardless, the player was NOT "exonerated". The judiciary could have found the case "not proven". They didn't, they decided no further action. This is usual in cases where the red card is from 2 yellows.

The spitting case didn't even go to judiciary as it was a yellow card so I have no idea how you assume he was "exonerated".

Moonball - you would be best to heed the wise words of your President in his open letter to your club, rather than causing trouble spreading untruths on this forum.

FTS

Billy Sheehan (19)
Interesting Easts regular 1st graders Lala Lam and Luke Irwin named in 2s this weekend, anybody know what the story is there? Just form?

Status
Not open for further replies.