• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
I have not seen the schedule, it is really the Woodies to face the rampant Marlins at the Village this Saturday?

Should be one of the games of the season. Those blockheads at SevenTwo are showing Sydney Uni against West Harbour.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
I went to T.G.Millner on Saturday. A great match, great weather.

The lead changed several times, But Eastwood won in the end - congratulations to them.

Unfortunately, the kick wasn't successful.

The only other lock who kicked at goal that I can remember is John Eales.

Stuart Boland was a goal-kicking second rower (as they used to be called when your team was actually composed exclusively of genuine students, of which he was one - and captain, to boot).

AussieDominance

Trevor Allan (34)
I guess I can sort of understand Tui Tuisavaii heading to Gordon as there will be a 12 position available once Tom Matthews heads to France. I wonder though how much first grade Tagicakibau will see at Manly as they always seem to have great depth in the outside backs. Always sad to see players leave a club that invested greatly in them but unfortunately that is just how it is in Rugby today.

I am all about players being produced by clubs but my understanding was this was Sireli and Tui's second year at Warringah?

They were brought over by Newport Seniors club(nothing to do with Warringah)?

I would hardly call that investing greatly?

FTS

Billy Sheehan (19)
I am all about players being produced by clubs but my understanding was this was Sireli and Tui's second year at Warringah?

They were brought over by Newport Seniors club(nothing to do with Warringah)?

I would hardly call that investing greatly?

I wasn't aware of that, and if thats the case then I agree with you.
When is Tom Matthews off?

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
Stuart Boland was a goal-kicking second rower (as they used to be called when your team was actually composed exclusively of genuine students, of which he was one - and captain, to boot).

I was very young when he played.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)

My admittedly somewhat faulty memory suggests the big second rower John Weber kicked some goals for Randwick back in the 60s and 70s. Can anyone confirm that?

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
I think you might be right about Weber.

Eastwood's first captain, back when they got into the comp back in 1949 was a goal kicking second rower called Joe Newsome. He was pretty good, too!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Round 9 Team Lists

Gordon vs Northern Suburbs
Gordon:
1. Aritema Ralulu, 2. Ron Hobden, 3. Tobias Guikabau, 4. Mark Johnson, 5. Ruirahh Wilson, 6. Jack Dempsey, 7. Luke Rissman, 8, Harry Rorke/Luke Papworth, 9, Terry Preston, 10. Mark Preston, 11. Michael Manners, 12. Erik Moss, 13. Tom Matthews, 14. Matt McDougall, 15. Sione Ala

Northern Suburbs:
1. Tyron Rota, 2. Will Weeks, 3. Lawrence Hunting, 4. Nick Palmer, 5. Michael O'Hea, 6. Ben Matwijow (C), 7. Will Miller, 8, Michael Wells, 9, Mitch Magrath, 10. Josh Kay, 11. Lochie Creagh, 12. Ben Murray, 13. Jorden Heyer, 14. Richard Woolf, 15. John Porch

Manly vs Eastwood
Manly:
1. Dane Maraki, 2. Dave Porecki, 3. Andrew Collins, 4. Ed Gower, 5. Ryan Melrose, 6. Harry Bergelin, 7. Kotoni Ale (capt), 8, Daniel Alley, 9, Matt Lucas, 10. Sam Lane, 11. Chris Yarrington, 12. Reece Hodge, 13. Dennis Pili-Gaitau, 14. Richard Hooper, 15. Brenden Hartmann

Eastwood:
1. Sam Needs, 2. Hugh Roach, 3. Rob Lagudi, 4. Tom Alexander, 5. Jared Barry, 6. Michael Kovacic, 7. Hugh Perrett, 8, Pat Sio, 9, Mick Snowden, 10. Jai Ayoub, 11. John Grant, 12. Tom Hill, 13. Mike McDougall, 14. Ben Shorter, 15. Ben Batger

Southern Districts vs Randwick
Southern Districts:
1. Salesi Maumalanga, 2. Max Holland, 3. Willie Maumalanga, 4. Jake Douglas, 5. Fili Tufui, 6. Marcus Carbone, 7. Jono Hayes, 8, Jed Holloway (C), 9, Dewet Roos, 10. Ben Volavola, 11. Richie Williams, 12. Apolosi Latunipulu , 13. Denny Godinet, 14. Feluela Finau, 15. Paul Asquith

Randwick:
1. Latu Talakai, 2. David Vea, 3. Dashville Kuate, 4. Dave Parsons, 5. Will Munro, 6. Sam Figg , 7. Jack Johnson, 8, Mark Baldwin, 9, Mitch Short, 10. David Horwitz, 11. Latu Latinipulu, 12. Ben Starkey, 13. Kuki Ma'afu, 14. Chris Taripo, 15. Tom Coupland

Warringah vs Eastern Suburbs
Warringah:
1. Rory O'Connor, 2. Luke Holmes, 3. Wayne Borsack, 4. Vincent Wright, 5. Junior Palau, 6. James Cunningham, 7. Sam Crompton, 8, Sam Ward, 9, Josh Holmes, 10. Hamish Angus, 11. Seb Wileman, 12. Josh Gillard, 13. Michael Adams, 14. Jamie Forbes, 15. Dave Feltscheer

Eastern Suburbs:
1. Clay Brodie , 2. Clarrie Moore , 3. Jake Ilnicki , 4. Fergus Lee-Warner, 5. BJ Edwards , 6. Tyrone Viiga , 7. James Graham , 8, Sam Stitcher (C) , 9, Angus Pulver , 10. Robbie Mate , 11. Will Paterson , 12. Will Fay , 13. Charlie Clifton , 14. Malakai Watene-Zelezniak , 15. Jack Maddocks

West Harbour vs Sydney University - Live on 7TWO
West Harbour :
1. Dave Lolohea, 2. Dave Karamanis, 3. Michael Ala'alatoa, 4. Bradford Kapa, 5. Tom Games ©, 6. Kelly Meafua, 7. Cohen Masson, 8, Matt Coles, 9, Mona Silipa, 10. Ben James, 11. Tito Mua, 12. Henry Seavula, 13. Rory Sidey, 14. Joel Brooks, 15. Angus Le Lievre

Sydney University:
1. Alastair Ryan, 2. Thomas Coolican, 3. Tomas Robertson, 4. Byron Hodge, 5. Liam Winton, 6. Jake Wainwright, 7. David Hickey, 8, Mitchell Whiteley, 9, Jake Gordon, 10. Stuart Dunbar, 11. Henry Clunies-Ross, 12. Tom Carter, 13. Angus Roberts, 14. Mark O'Dare, 15. Jack Macklin

Penrith vs Parramatta
Penrith:
1. Max Maa Nelson, 2. Sam Siaki, 3. Luke Bryan, 4. Doug Want, 5. Tu'itakau Kioa, 6. Ben Vai, 7. Paueli Halafihi, 8, Jason Havea (C), 9, Aporosa Ada, 10. Johnny Poe, 11. Campbell Hislop, 12. Ben Kaafi, 13. Saiosi Vulinaganavou, 14. Pauala Makasini , 15. Michael Baysaat

Parramatta:
1. Nick Blacklock, 2. Liu Taituave, 3. Nigel Vaifale, 4. Seva Rokobaro, 5. Evan Olmstead, 6. Peter Brush, 7. Evan Tuckwell, 8, Andrew Cox, 9, Dan Tully, 10. Chris Nay, 11. Gabby Kolinisau, 12. Regan Haika, 13. Larry Hermens, 14. Petero Satogo, 15. Tom Woods

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Bad tipping with only 4/6 last week. Beasties again proving difficult to tip.

Round 9 Tips
Southern Districts v Randwick. Hobbits showed some real ticker last week and should carry that form into this match. Hobbits by 10-15.

Gordon v Northern Suburbs. The battle of the North Shore is usually fiercely fought, and this will be no exception. Too close to call so the coin has been flipped and has come up for Norths by <7.

Manly v Eastwood. Why is this not the televised match? There should be a massive crowd, and with Nomad beer and Olivers pies available at the Village Green, why would you want to be anywhere else? MMM at home will give the Woodies the loss they need to have on their way to winning this years Premiership. MMM by 7-12.

Warringah v Eastern Suburbs. Rats will have too much class and pace and will keep the chocolates by 10-20.

West Harbour v Sydney University (Televised game on 7Two). The Pirates will come out of the changing sheds with all guns blazing and if the Corporation can withstand that without allowing them to score, they will win by 20+ points. If the Pirates get to play with confidence then this will be a belter of a game and BuildCorp will be made to work damn hard for a 3 point win. I'm tipping the former scenario.

Parramatta v Penrith. No matter how poorly the Emus are performing, they always lift in the Battle for the West. This match will be fiercely contested but the Mighty 2 Blues will prevail by 15+ after running away in the second half.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)

Manly v Eastwood. Why is this not the televised match? There should be a massive crowd, and with Nomad beer and Olivers pies available at the VZillage Green, why would you want to be anywhere else? MMM at home will give the Woodies the loss they need to have on their way to winning this years Premiership. MMM by 7-12.

And a sold out ladies day with a long waiting list - will be a good day.

MACCA

Ron Walden (29)

Round 9 Tips
Southern Districts v Randwick. Hobbits showed some real ticker last week and should carry that form into this match. Hobbits by 10-15.

Gordon v Northern Suburbs. The battle of the North Shore is usually fiercely fought, and this will be no exception. Too close to call so the coin has been flipped and has come up for Norths by <7.

Manly v Eastwood. Why is this not the televised match? There should be a massive crowd, and with Nomad beer and Olivers pies available at the VZillage Green, why would you want to be anywhere else? MMM at home will give the Woodies the loss they need to have on their way to winning this years Premiership. MMM by 7-12.

Warringah v Eastern Suburbs. Rats will have too much class and pace and will keep the chocolates by 10-20.

West Harbour v Sydney University (Televised game on 7Two). The Pirates will come out of the changing sheds with all guns blazing and if the Corporation can withstand that without allowing them to score, they will win by 20+ points. If the Pirates get to play with confidence then this will be a belter of a game and BuildCorp will be made to work damn hard for a 3 point win. I'm tipping the former scenario.

Parramatta v Penrith. No matter how poorly the Emus are performing, they always lift in the Battle for the West. This match will be fiercely contested but the Mighty 2 Blues will prevail by 15+ after running away in the second half.

Have to agree with you HJ.
Cant understand why Wicks V Souths or really the Woodies and Marlins were not on the box.
Souths look excellent on paper. Manly best Ive seen so far this year and reckon they are premiership favourites if they can hold form.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Have to agree with you HJ.
Cant understand why Wicks V Souths or really the Woodies and Marlins were not on the box.
Souths look excellent on paper. Manly best Ive seen so far this year and reckon they are premiership favourites if they can hold form.

NA Na Na NA - okay we played solid rugby for 80, but that was only just 7 out a 10, i want more. That is simply something to build on.
Talk is only another form of chat - it's rugby time, and time to get better.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Best oval in the Shute - pink lines ladies day style;

13509_816061988476177_3083058645577032755_n.jpg

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
NA Na Na NA - okay we played solid rugby for 80, but that was only just 7 out a 10, i want more. That is simply something to build on.
Talk is only another form of chat - it's rugby time, and time to get better.

Looks like the radar (to fly under) has moved from Coogee to Manly :rolleyes:

FTS

Billy Sheehan (19)
I wish Manly vs Eastwood was the televised game this weekend. Should be a cracker

Status
Not open for further replies.