• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

Methoxyflurane/penthrane or the 'green whistle' as it's better known, for an injury as severe as this the ambos probably would have administered a couple of doses and possibly bumped it up to a dose of morphine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T

TOCC

Any knowledge as how this comp[ares to ABC, and their target, think its great the add has appeared on prime time.

The other factor with free to air, is has the shift to 7Two impacted positively or adversely on sponsorship for the clubs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
From round 1 to now there has a huge improvement, and no doubt with awareness it will only grow. It should be noted that everyone could access ABC, and I'm not sure that is the case with 7two.

Why not? Analog TV has been switched off..

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
It's a fair point I didn't know I could get it till the rugby started I don get gem on foxtel and thought 7two was the same

I think that GEM and MATE are different (HD?) from the second channel that 9 and 7 run. You should be able to get the second channel on FTA with a new TV or one of those set top boxes - so in theory if you can get 7 and 9 on FTA, you should be able to get their second channel.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
From round 1 to now there has a huge improvement, and no doubt with awareness it will only grow. It should be noted that everyone could access ABC, and I'm not sure that is the case with 7two.

Big improvement in the coverage. Round 1 looked like it was a home video from a Mr Bean movie, now at least it looks like a professional TV job. Not as many camera angles as the ABC, but it does the job and I have no problems with the coverage now. It's probably done with next to no budget and I reckon those responsible are doing a pretty good job.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Big improvement in the coverage. Round 1 looked like it was a home video from a Mr Bean movie, now at least it looks like a professional TV job. Not as many camera angles as the ABC, but it does the job and I have no problems with the coverage now. It's probably done with next to no budget and I reckon those responsible are doing a pretty good job.

Round 1 - one camera.
At Manly oval there were quit a few doing the rounds.
At Manly oval the tower didn't impact the viewing like the ABC scaffold - that was well done.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Not good
Collapsed lung in 2's at uni same hour delay

Michael Bell quoted in the Terrorgraph:
"He is still getting help with his breathing and is sore but he’s expected to make a full recovery,” Parramatta general manager Michael Bell said.
“The cardiovascular doctors at the RPA told us were it not for the actions of the Sydney University doctor, it could have been a very different story.
“They said she saved his life. We are obviously incredibly thankful, and it really is a great example of everyone just coming together from different clubs and working together to help this kid.
Full Story Here: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...ury-on-the-field/story-fnp0lyn3-1227376876822

Congratulations to Dr Katherine Rae from Sydney University Rugby who's quick thinking, skills and experience may have saved the life of a young player yesterday.
I'll bet she will just say "I was just doing my job".

As a parent of rugby players, it heartens me to know that we have people like Dr Rae involved in our game.

Get well soon, Andrew.

Any update on Kotoni Ale?

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)

Only what was posted on Sportal last night, and that he was under considerable pain this morn - great tribute from the clubs trainer on MMM's face book;

As many of you know. @kotoniale yesterday suffered a season ending injury playing in the local derby against the Warringah Rats, which Manly went onto win 37-29
Kotoni optimises hard work and unfortunately you can never train to prevent unfortunate injuries like the one he suffered. He sustained a compound fracture of the tibia which has now be pinned along with his syndesmosis.
The papers have stupidly dubbed this a potential career ending injury but I'm very glad to say they obviously don't know Kotoni very well. If they did know him, they would be glad to know that this would just add some more fuel to his fire for a comeback. He has the best support staff of any club in the comp and an even better bunch of blokes around him that are going to make the road to recovery a very successful journey. Mate, just so you know, I will be there every step of the way along with the rest of the crew and I can't wait to see you run out in the blue and red strip again in the near future. We have all got your back brother. This photo actively reflects the brotherhood we have here at Manly and I am humbled and proud to be apart of it.
Have this week off mate. It will be strange not seeing your smiling noggin at 5:45am every morning.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
I think that GEM and MATE are different (HD?) from the second channel that 9 and 7 run. You should be able to get the second channel on FTA with a new TV or one of those set top boxes - so in theory if you can get 7 and 9 on FTA, you should be able to get their second channel.

Yes, Gem and 7Mate are HD. 7, 7Two, 9, and Go are SD.

It's a pity that there is no catch-up service on 7Two for the Shute Shield.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Michael Bell quoted in the Terrorgraph:
"He is still getting help with his breathing and is sore but he’s expected to make a full recovery,” Parramatta general manager Michael Bell said.
“The cardiovascular doctors at the RPA told us were it not for the actions of the Sydney University doctor, it could have been a very different story.
“They said she saved his life. We are obviously incredibly thankful, and it really is a great example of everyone just coming together from different clubs and working together to help this kid.
Full Story Here: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...ury-on-the-field/story-fnp0lyn3-1227376876822

Congratulations to Dr Katherine Rae from Sydney University Rugby who's quick thinking, skills and experience may have saved the life of a young player yesterday.
I'll bet she will just say "I was just doing my job".

As a parent of rugby players, it heartens me to know that we have people like Dr Rae involved in our game.

Get well soon, Andrew.

Tough weekend of rugby - thoughts also out to Andrew, the 2Blues club and the army of posters on here that work at promoting the game just as hard as the players that play it. Lets hope next year we see them going hard at each other on the paddock.

Status
Not open for further replies.