• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

AussieDominance

Trevor Allan (34)
Gordon should really have won by more but kept Uni in the contest probably due to a lack of belief in my opinion. Tense moments at the end.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Tough day at the office for MMM as the Shoremen really took it to them.

While not quite as good as the "old" ABC coverage, Channel 7Two coverage was good enough quality, and seems to be getting better week by week.

Results:
1st Grade: Northern Suburbs 13 Manly 17
2nd Grade: Northern Suburbs 28 Manly 46
3rd Grade: Northern Suburbs 26 Manly 17
4th Grade: Northern Suburbs 18 Manly 19

MACCA

Ron Walden (29)
Anyone see the Uni V Gordon match? Is Gordon going that well? What went wrong with Uni? Bit of a shock for mine.

AussieDominance

Trevor Allan (34)
Macca might be referring too Gordon's worst game of the season against Randwick (closely followed by the Eastwood game) in making his judgement.

As I said above Gordon should have won by more but there is a big aura still surrounding a pretty average (talented) Uni side.

Gordon's currently playing a combative style that forces a lot of close games with not that many points scored. Gordon has lost 6 games this season one of which was 62 - 28 to Eastwood and then 3 by less than 7 and the other two by less than 11.

H

Haydaze

How good was yesterdays game i thoroughly enjoyed it as i have been overseas and that was the 1st game i have watched of SS this year. A bit off topic can anyone tell me why the Emus haven't even got a competition point this year as last season i went to a few games at Nepean(I'm a Blue Mountains man) and they played some very good attacking rugby last season and piled on some great tries and scored a ton of bonus points

Oz talent

Allen Oxlade (6)
Uni are in dire trouble and will struggle to make the finals. I was at the Norths Manly game, teriffic stuff. Watched it on tv having recorded it later on. We are really missing the ABC coverage. I think Manly showed they are massively vulnerable, but will be good enough to make it to the prelik again id say. That will be a pressure game, even if they win they ill struggle to cope with the Grand Final. I think the Woods will clean up this year and am
still backing the Wicks to be pushing hard later in the year.

H

Haydaze

Just looked at the Emus results this year and besides the game against Randwick the rest looks horrific though i'll turn up to watch them on Saturday just to get an Emu burger

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Uni are in dire trouble and will struggle to make the finals. I was at the Norths Manly game, teriffic stuff. Watched it on tv having recorded it later on. We are really missing the ABC coverage. I think Manly showed they are massively vulnerable, but will be good enough to make it to the prelik again id say. That will be a pressure game, even if they win they ill struggle to cope with the Grand Final. I think the Woods will clean up this year and am
still backing the Wicks to be pushing hard later in the year.

Yes interesting game, pleased we had that one.
Also just re watched it on the box, and also re-watched 2's as well.
It is quite clear North’s have a very forward orientated game, hit the tight channels and have quick phase play. All bar last week for them, they have been right in it every game. If you don't take into account the 70 they conceded last week they have one of the better D's in the comp.

http://rugbyunion.resultsvault.com/common/pages/public/rv/ladder.aspx?mode=0&entityid=53029

Baranyi made his first grade debut yesterday and no doubt will see more game time in the future - but he had big shoes to fill with Bergo.

Porecki was over in SA with the Tah's and should be back refreshed after getting his first cap on the weekend.

Kotoni is out - but Mitch Daniels will have people talking before the final round, 2nd grade captain and was an integral part to their premiership last year.

It was good seeing Vaka playing a full game in 2's yesterday, and Chris Cocca getting game time in 3's after his injury back in round 4.

But - definitely one of those games that was worth having.

thepuma

Peter Burge (5)
Penrith RSL Juniors and Allambie Jets are apparently Sydney's newest rugby clubs,and they represent a glimmer of hope that all is not doom and gloom at grass roots level across rugbydom in Sydney. It is understood that Gaggerland's own @Cattledog, and @Dave Beat have been actively involved in standing these fledgling clubs up. Well done.

We need to do more to celebrate our successes, no matter how minor they may be.

RSL started in 2014 as a junior club to feed into Emus seniors as everyone but raptors have seniors that most kids progress through to @davebeat @hugh jarse - not sure of the aliases mentioned as proposed to have assisted ~ check us out www.facebook.com/penrithrsljruc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Gee some interesting games this weekend.
2 v 3 (Woods v Sths). last years GF
4 v 5 (Wicks v Uni). rock stars v rock stars
6 v 7 (Rats v Nths). Classy backs v Fwds

So who are you tipping HJ.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
^^^^ Waiting to see the Team lists before tipping, although the team lists released by the clubs on Wednesday/Thursday often vary from team that actually runs out at 3 pm on Saturday. At this stage of the season, some clubs are gathering impressive Team Rehab squads.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Greg Jeloudev turned out for The Corporation last weekend.

Michael Wells - Northern Suburbs, Alex Gibbon - Southern Districts, Afa Pakalani - Southern Districts, and Paul Asquith - Southern Districts have also played a few Shute Shield games.

Peter Schuster - Northern Suburbs is named for his Club this weekend.

What about the rest of the Sydney based Aussie 7's boys?
Ed Jenkins - Sydney Uni
Sam Myers - Northern Suburbs
Cameron Clark - Northern Suburbs

Status
Not open for further replies.