• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
Their Fijian winger is great to watch.

Unfortunately they have had a weaker year in Colts which may not bring increased depth next year. This seems to have been an issue as 3s and 4s started strongly but are now struggling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Gordon Grade teams will get a lot more from last years colts next year than they did this year.
IMO it's much tougher going from colts to grade than it was from School to colts.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Nah have to be the rat, sths, wicks, nths - reckless tip there ILTW

Come on Dave, chin up, mate.

This will be the best finals series for many years, I reckon. For my money, I would put Norths as favourite, but they have to fix their scrum. The Woodies destroyed them in the second half up front.

Southern also will be very threatening, based on their performance at the Village a couple of weeks ago.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
So it comes down to this:

Manly (well deserved minor premiers) will almost certainly play Eastwood in the first week of the finals (assuming Woods pick up a bonus point win against Penrith and Uni don't have a huge bonus point win against Parra and get their F&A above Eastwood's)

The winners of Souths v Wicks and Norths v Rats will have home games in the first week of the finals against the losers. Individual placings will depend on bonus points etc.

Wazza2013

Fred Wood (13)
Parra are reporting that long serving skipper Andrew Cox will be retiring after the weekend.

Andrew has been an outstanding example of the true spirit of the Two Blues. He has played 182 first grade games including 162 as captain.

A local hero.

It's been a pleassure watching him lead the Mighty Two Blues,

The boys will definatley lift on the weekend to try and send him off with a win.

Crashy

Arch Winning (36)
What chance are uni of making the finals? Do they have to beat parra and rely on a slew of other results to go their way?

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Uni's only chance is if woods don't get a bonus point win v riff, and they do v parra.
Or that they win by 51 points more than woods do.

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
Uni have to win by 40 more as the points difference is currently 39 (+87 vs +48). It's likely Eastwood will be in and face Manly in week 1. However Eastwood do need to beat a vastly improved Penrith with a bonus point first.

Status
Not open for further replies.