• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
1st Grade -Intrust Super Shield
3pm, Pitt Water Rugby Park
Sydney Uni
Warringah

Matt Sandell
Rory O'Connor

Ben Carolan
Robert Kelly

Wayne Borsak
Faavae Sillai

Jack Sherratt
Sam Thomson

David McDuling (c)
Max Girdler

Nick Champion de Crepsigny
Ru MacKenzie

Josh Kemeny
Maclean Jones

Rohan O'Regan
Sam Ward

Banjo Travers
Josh Holmes

Connor O'Shea
Ben Marr/Harley Attwater

James Kane
Harry Jones

William McDonnell
Guy Rees

James Armstrong
Seb Wileman

Harry Potter
Ben Woollett

Tim Clements
Liam Windon

Coaches

Robert Taylor / Joe Horn-Smith

Mark Gerrard
Coaches

seven wearing six

Allen Oxlade (6)
1st Grade -Intrust Super Shield
3pm, Pitt Water Rugby Park
Sydney Uni
Warringah

Matt Sandell
Rory O'Connor

Ben Carolan
Robert Kelly

Wayne Borsak
Faavae Sillai

Jack Sherratt
Sam Thomson

David McDuling (c)
Max Girdler

Nick Champion de Crepsigny
Ru MacKenzie

Josh Kemeny
Maclean Jones

Rohan O'Regan
Sam Ward

Banjo Travers
Josh Holmes

Connor O'Shea
Ben Marr/Harley Attwater

James Kane
Harry Jones

William McDonnell
Guy Rees

James Armstrong
Seb Wileman

Harry Potter
Ben Woollett

Tim Clements
Liam Windon

Coaches

Robert Taylor / Joe Horn-Smith

Mark Gerrard
Coaches

Uni has named Jake Gordon in 9 and Matty Philip on the bench.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
It sounds as though defence is optional at TG Millner. Eastwood 5 tries, Randwick have a few as well, three I think.

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
Ladder
Screenshot_20190629_223337_com.fuseapp.jpg

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Results

Manly 19 Easts 34
Eastwood 47 Randwick 31
Norths 31 WSTB 18
Southern 21Gordon 24
Waringah 22 Uni 21

Bye West Harbour

Thought that Manly were quite disappointing in this game - the first half they were quite pedestrian.

I did notice one very strange aspect. The Manly half should have been penalised every scrum as his scrum feeds wouldn't have been out of place in an NRL game. The curious thing was that this actually disadvantaged his own team because the angle of the scrum feed meant that the ball was quite often coming out channel one which put him and his team under pressure on their own ball. If we're going to allow feeds like this in rugby then we might as well do away with scrums altogether and have an AFL ball-up.

For mine, Warringah are clearly the team to beat in this competition. I've been very impressed with their composure and their style of play every time I've seen them play.

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
Thought that Manly were quite disappointing in this game - the first half they were quite pedestrian.

I did notice one very strange aspect. The Manly half should have been penalised every scrum as his scrum feeds wouldn't have been out of place in an NRL game. The curious thing was that this actually disadvantaged his own team because the angle of the scrum feed meant that the ball was quite often coming out channel one which put him and his team under pressure on their own ball. If we're going to allow feeds like this in rugby then we might as well do away with scrums altogether and have an AFL ball-up.

For mine, Warringah are clearly the team to beat in this competition. I've been very impressed with their composure and their style of play every time I've seen them play.

Emery??

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
And so we travel to the Village this Saturday arvo.

Promises to be something of a sticky wicket, we've had two days of steady rain on the beaches (pelting down as I type), with rain forecast for tomorrow as well. I suspect that 3rds and 4ths might be moved to Keirle Park and possibly 2nds as well. Otherwise there would be a glue pot in the middle before 1sts even ran out. Whatever happens games in these conditions at Manly Oval tend to be a forward dominated slog through the mud.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Are you old enough to remember the ground back in the good old, bad old, days, when it was an absolute quagmire in the wet, particularly when the tide was in (allegedly). I remember playing there for the school against Manly High, and you were in mud over the ankles in parts of the field. Cold showers. Long ferry trip and train ride home, back to bloody Eastwood. Great fun.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Are you old enough to remember the ground back in the good old, bad old, days, when it was an absolute quagmire in the wet, particularly when the tide was in (allegedly). I remember playing there for the school against Manly High, and you were in mud over the ankles in parts of the field. Cold showers. Long ferry trip and train ride home, back to bloody Eastwood. Great fun.

Yes I remember the days when the oval was a quagmire in the wet. All teams used to train there (including juniors) so by about June there was barely a blade of grass on the field. The drainage is much better now and it's only used for training by the 1sts/2nds once a week maximum so the playing surface is very good. The cricket pitch is the obvious exception. They've had the covers on, but it will still be damp and if it rains during the day it won't take long to turn to mud.

Status
Not open for further replies.