• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2020

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
RESULTS ROUND 5

Manly 3 Gordon 26
Norths 50 Hunter 10
2 Blues 14 Eastwood 57
Randwick 59 Penrith 3
Uni 31 Southern 32
Warringah 28 West H 14

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Rats and Manly definitely dropped a bit off the pack I feel this year.

Gordon are so far ahead of everyone that if there's not too many big personnel changes after Super Rugby you can give them the title now. Eastwood huge improvers each week. Don't forget Uni were missing quite a few players.

Also James Kane is an outstanding player, especially with the boot.

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
That's a competitive result for Wests but a win at Rat Park on a cold windy Saturday in August is a quest that few can achieve

I watched the replay. A pretty scrappy game. Warringah have to do improve their set piece to have any chance to threaten in the run to the finals.

The replacement half back for Wests looks about 12 years old but has plenty of heart and has a crack.

Suggest watching the last 15 minutes, there is some good rugby. The game goes way into overtime and its similar to the Uni/souths match as there is a score in overtime - pretty exciting

The Link for Full replay

https://www.facebook.com/cluch.tv/videos/598857767660908/

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
ROUND 6

Eastern Suburbs Vs Norths
Eastwood Vs Sydney Uni
Penrith Vs Warringah
Southern Districts Vs Randwick
West Harbour Vs Manly
Hunter Vs Gordon

2 Blues The Bye

A bit harder to tip, this round

I will go all home teams excepting for Warringah & Gordon - could be some upsets and a bit of congestion mid table

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
Norths have had a very soft run in so far.

Rd 1 32 - 3 over West H
Rd 2 53-3 over Penrith
Rd 3 28-19 over Manly
Rd 4 Bye
Rd 5 50-10 over Hunter

Easts will be their hardest game so far and I am sure Eats will be very hungry for the W at home

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
Norths
Eastwood
Warringah
Randwick
Manly
Gordon

I think the Norths game could be tight as THB points out, esp. with Gamble and McCauley adding some possible depth. Souths are a shot of upsetting the Wicks, but I get a feeling they'll get it done. Harder pickings this week.