• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Six Nations 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tranquility

You have read a bit of Vonnegut in your time haven't you Lee?

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
Warburton is only just back from injury which is why Tipuric is starting against Italian. Lydiate isn't on nappy duty either apparently.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
He's been forced to play 7 quite a lot which is totally alien to him and a role he's not suitable for. Even his tackling has suffered as a result.

He is wearing 7 but playing blindside, the French number their blind/opensides in the same manner as the Saffers. He has been asked to carry ball for them which is almost alien to him, I think getting used to carrying has sapped his defensive energy a bit.

Wales Fan

Alfred Walker (16)
He is wearing 7 but playing blindside, the French number their blind/opensides in the same manner as the Saffers. He has been asked to carry ball for them which is almost alien to him, I think getting used to carrying has sapped his defensive energy a bit.

He's been playing left/right apparently so spends half his time at openside ? Not sure though, only going by reports.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
You have read a bit of Vonnegut in your time haven't you Lee?

I'll take that as a compliment—yeah, he could write couldn't he?

He wrote one of my favourite quotes warning that people should be careful who they pretended to be, because they were who they pretended to be.

Vonnegut and Kerouac, who both wrote about people and their problems after WWII resonate with me.

One of my favourite quotes of Kerouac which I had to look up because it's so long is:
Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently.
They're not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them.
About the only thing you can't do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward.
And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.

Maybe that's what Wales need: a few crazy ones.

T

tranquility

Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently.
They're not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them.
About the only thing you can't do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward.
And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.

Maybe that's what Wales need: a few crazy ones.

Lee my friend.

You have accidentally quoted an Apple ad, which stole the essence of the Kerouac quote. The actual quote is as follows;

“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow Roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars.”

Anywho, back to the rah-rah.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
You have accidentally quoted an Apple ad, which stole the essence of the Kerouac quote.

Anywho, back to the rah-rah.

Kerouac wrote and said the same message many times in different forms. The quote I used is my favourite version of this theme of his.

Didn't know that Apple used one version of it.

It's good, isn't it?

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Right then. Hope springs eternal. After the debacle of the first thirty minutes we played this time last year am glad we're starting title defence with Italy. No real surprises from our man of cement. Glad to see tips gets a start. Another season of gatlandball in prospect. wish we had a world class outside half

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Can't wait for the tournament to start, anyone care to venture a final table?

1. England (4 wins)
1. Ireland (4 wins)
1. France (4 wins)
4. Wales (2 wins)
5. Italy (1 wins)
6 Scotland (0 wins)

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Gunner may think so. Me not so much.

While the front 5 and back 3 are as good as they could be. But neither of the halves are in great form, I don't rate Duncan Taylor and no Big Al in the Backrow is unfortunate. His work at the Breakdown allows Kelly Brown to play at 7.

Still hope we'll win though.

Sent from my LG-P713 using Tapatalk

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Can't wait for the tournament to start, anyone care to venture a final table?

1. England (4 wins)
1. Ireland (4 wins)
1. France (4 wins)
4. Wales (2 wins)
5. Italy (1 wins)
6 Scotland (0 wins)
So we beat Italy and Scotland? Or are we Italy's one win?

Status
Not open for further replies.