• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Six Nations 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

GunnerDownUnder

Jim Clark (26)
Opt
I take it your confident ahead of Sunday then?
Optimistic rather than confident reckon it will be one by a try or less
Ireland never great after a lions tour and may under estimate us
Our bench is the best we have had in a long time and game will be won or lost in last twenty

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Glad to see picamole is back for les frogs vs orcs. I loves the way he plays. As long as France play like they haven't just met this game could be tasty. Scotland vs oirland will be usual100mph mayhem. Should be good weekend

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
I see o gara rates bod as the best defensive centre in the world. Big call. I can think of a few kiwis I'd pick first. Spose he might be in right place to know tho. Bod did have to cover 10 and 12 positions.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
I
i went for you beating England but losing out on points
I went for us to beat you as a lot of our boys will be out to show what they could have done for the lions
Grant in particular as we know he and gatland hate each other
Fair enough. Don't think cementhead will lose any sleep over people hating him tho. I do like the look of your table.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I'll give it a go:

1. France 4 wins
2. Wales 3 wins
2. England 3 wins
2. Ireland 3 wins
5. Scotland 1 win
6. Italy 1 win

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
I'll stick to week by week. Us (just) playing like shit. Ireland (just) last minute score breaking Scottish hearts. Orcs by heaps despite playing like shit after French suffer brainfart and implode. Papers singing England uber alles. Plus ca change.. I see Austin Healy has started the refrain already in the torygraph

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
I see o gara rates bod as the best defensive centre in the world. Big call. I can think of a few kiwis I'd pick first. Spose he might be in right place to know tho. Bod did have to cover 10 and 12 positions.
He was and he changed the way centres play but those days are long gone, sadly. I am afraid his shooting up to cover his diminishing turn of foot is becoming a bit of a defensive liability. North exploited it very well in the HEC game between Leinster and the Stains in Dubland.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
There's a few injuries to players who'd expect to start and a couple of players on their way back from injury (Gilroy & Zebo) who'll likely feature later in the 6Ns. Zebo looked sharp enough to start on his return with Munster.

Then we have the fact that both D'Arcy and BOD stuck around for so long it created a big of a log jam for the centres who've come through over the last few years. After this 6Ns there will be a bit of a rush to get a settled centre pairing for the RWC.

There's not much between some of the guys who are battling for starting places in this years squad. But there are some very talented guys who'll probably leap frog them into next year's team.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
He was and he changed the way centres play but those days are long gone, sadly. I am afraid his shooting up to cover his diminishing turn of foot is becoming a bit of a defensive liability. North exploited it very well in the HEC game between Leinster and the Stains in Dubland.

He's still pretty damn dangerous in the tackle and on the ground. I don't know many international centers that can jackal as well as BOD right now.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
There's a few injuries to players who'd expect to start and a couple of players on their way back from injury (Gilroy & Zebo) who'll likely feature later in the 6Ns. Zebo looked sharp enough to start on his return with Munster.

Then we have the fact that both D'Arcy and BOD stuck around for so long it created a big of a log jam for the centres who've come through over the last few years. After this 6Ns there will be a bit of a rush to get a settled centre pairing for the RWC.

There's not much between some of the guys who are battling for starting places in this years squad. But there are some very talented guys who'll probably leap frog them into next year's team.
Personally don't think Kearney has ever lived up to his early promise

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
Zebo would be starting if it wasn't for off field bull shit. Ireland might get away with it against Scotland although I am far from confident, but trying to beat Wales defending is a recipe for disaster.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)

I don't think Kearney has been in great form over the last year or so. The worrying thing is that the real strength of his game, security under the high ball just hasn't been there this season. I'd say he's knocked on my high balls this year than in his entire career previously. Also he's been hesitant at times and has been waiting for the ball to drop rather than going up to meet it and ensure he can win it unopposed.

Couple that with the fact that he's hesitant on the counter attack and the 2 things that set him apart are missing from his game. I'd say he's very lucky to be picked to start and he really needs to perform as the likes of Felix Jones are waiting in the wings for their chance.

I hope Kearney does rediscover his form as aside from being an Ireland fan it's a pleasure to see the likes of Kearney or Folau getting up so high and claiming the high balls.

I want Ireland to do well but at a fundamental level, as a rugby fan, I want to see the best players performing at their best and going head to head.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
Wasn't sure which Kearney you were talking about, Bardon. RK has not got the boot he used to have before his back issues. Trimble literally could not kick snow off a rope. And all the while the best left boot in Ireland will be watching on the TV.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Zebo would be starting if it wasn't for off field bull shit. Ireland might get away with it against Scotland although I am far from confident, but trying to beat Wales defending is a recipe for disaster.

Our backs aren't great but our pack and John Plumtree are going to hopefully win us the championship. We're going to maul every team off the park and build our wins off that. If Best, Cronin and O'bStrauss can hit their targets in the lineout it won't matter who we have 11-15.

Bod did have to cover 10 and 12 positions.

David Wallace covered 10, D'Arcy didn't any help at 12. BOD did change what was expected of a 13 defensively but his best attribute has been changing his game over the past 14 years to adjust to his ageing. On a BOD related note once Stuart Olding is fit we need to get him at 13, he is Irelands next superstar IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.