• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Six Nations 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
No sign of the gnome. Feel we shall win.

Fancy the scots to pull off an upset

Especially with France in ridiculous kit

Shelts89

Tom Lawton (22)
Yup, pretty sure there's nothing to fear :)

#famouslastwords

Well we shall see come 8 o'clock tonight! best of luck to all the Welsh boys in here, but I definitely want you guys to lose! You are the favourites though remember, you lot don't always like being the favourites ;)

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Statistics say that 1/3 6 Nations games are decided by more than 13 points. Someone is going to get hammered.

Shelts89

Tom Lawton (22)
Statistics say that 1/3 6 Nations games are decided by more than 13 points. Someone is going to get hammered.

Poor poor Wales ;)

On the other hand that also means 2/3 are quite close. Which I suspect this will be. England by between 2 and 5 points!

BabyBlueElephant

Darby Loudon (17)
Sexton fit for France.

Have a feeling Wales could give England a bit of a battering. England have so many injuries even though that team they've fielded oozes class.

Haskell said two weeks ago on radio that while talking to an unnamed fellow Welsh man in the Wasps camp, thatWales during the autumn series did only gym work. They had about one or two actual training sessions max. They said the reason behind this is to firstly get in the right shape for the year ahead, and secondly that they're going to implement more training sessions as the months go on. The reason for this is to slowly build up continuity and peak exactly for the RWC.

Now that'd explain a fair bit as to why Wales looked pee poor two months back yet beat the Bok in the last 15 when the SA lads looked exhausted and Wales full of energy. If Haskell is correct they'll be a bit disjointed this campaign but will improve with every game.

Wales will be the dark horses this tournament and will rise to joint favourites if they win today.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Sexton fit for France.

Have a feeling Wales could give England a bit of a battering. England have so many injuries even though that team they've fielded oozes class.

Haskell said two weeks ago on radio that while talking to an unnamed fellow Welsh man in the Wasps camp, thatWales during the autumn series did only gym work. They had about one or two actual training sessions max. They said the reason behind this is to firstly get in the right shape for the year ahead, and secondly that they're going to implement more training sessions as the months go on. The reason for this is to slowly build up continuity and peak exactly for the RWC.

Now that'd explain a fair bit as to why Wales looked pee poor two months back yet beat the Bok in the last 15 when the SA lads looked exhausted and Wales full of energy. If Haskell is correct they'll be a bit disjointed this campaign but will improve with every game.

Wales will be the dark horses this tournament and will rise to joint favourites if they win today.
I read that too. Think you're absolutely right

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Wales should sneak it, at least.

England will struggle to front up to this Welsh team physically with their current injuries and haven't shown enough attacking organization or "flair" to make me think for a second they'll be bamboozling the Welsh at the attacking seams as they appear. As a result, I expect them to fall back onto their kicking game.

Unless Youngs has come a long way with his kicking in recent months he's a pretty woeful kicking support to Burns, himself a talented kicker out of hand but making his Six Nations debut in a Welsh cauldron. Brown is a solid kicker out of hand as well but I think the Welsh halves + Halfpenny have the wood on England in the kicking department.

As a result of this, I think Wales will be able to force England to play Gatlandball whether they want to or not. I think this will be especially true in the closing 20 minutes. England won't be able to keep up with this physically and should be worn down by what is more or less the squad Gatland would pick if this was the RWC Final kicking off next hour.

The English bench halves selections confuse me in particular, with Wigglesworth the reserve scrumhalf and Cipriani the reserve 10. They're essentially polar opposites when it comes to their strongest attributes (Wigglesworth possibly the best kicking 9 in UK, Cipriani one of the best attacking flyhalves). Maybe Lancaster will only unleash one of them depending on the direction the match ends up heading in and this is him hedging his bet in that regard?

Liam Williams and Justin Tipuric could prove a serious handful for England coming on in the closing stages of the test, after the English have been defending Warren's first choice bosh squad for 60 minutes or so.

Wales by 9
Ireland by 20
France by 12

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Good mind games by Robshaw, refusing to go out when they wanted him. Would've stood out there like mugs for 5 mins before Wales came out.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Jenkins v. Coles will be huge for this one as well, forgot Coles was healthy for a minute there.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Really poor by May, came in to get Faletau when he was already being brought to the ground. England will feel robbed there after big scrum dominance.

Status
Not open for further replies.