1. Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Six Nations 2020

Discussion in 'Rugby Matches' started by Dctarget, Jan 29, 2020.

1. Ulrich Trevor Allan (34)

I meant the French :)
  2. molman Phil Hardcastle (33)

3. Spruce Moose Larry Dwyer (12)

Hearing some strong rumours that they will potentially delay many of the games until September. Something similar was done with the hand foot mouth out break few years back.

I can't see any of the italian matches being played. Plus they don't want to lose revenue playing games in closed stadiums.
  4. formerflanker Bob Davidson (42)

I admit it.
    I enjoyed the hard slog of the England-Scotland game in the driving rain, swirling wind, low scoring and slippery ball.
    All that was missing was mud.
  5. Slim 293 George Gregan (70)

6. qwerty51 Jason Little (69)

The reaction to that incident by various gay people has been absolutely staggering. They're all pretty much completely dismissing it as a funny incident that is harmless.
  7. Mr Wobbly John Solomon (38)

8. Forcefield Peter Fenwicke (45)

Yeah. It's hairy territory (pardon the pun!). It's really up to AWJ to decide whether he thinks its okay or not. Gut feeling from the post match interview is that he falls into the not camp. Problem is you don't know whether something like that is okay with the recipient until after you've done it. Better not to do it all unless you already know what someone's reaction will be.

I remember a while back reading Joe Marler saying that he used to intentionally find ways to pick up suspensions to avoid playing for England (https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/oct/02/joe-marler-suspended-avoid-england-duty-rugby-union). I wonder if this could be a repeat of that.
  9. Derpus Andrew Slack (58)

We forgive assault in the sporting arena because of the context, but sexual assault? It's not nearly as justifiable as punching someone in the heat of the moment.
  10. The_Brown_Hornet Michael Lynagh (62)

You don't touch another players genitals, just like you stay away from the eyes. Throw the book at Marler to make an example of him.
    formerflanker likes this.
  11. kiap Mark Ella (57)

Nah. That's fine as far as it goes and, like you say, he's not okay with it.

But it's not up to AWJ, even if he really liked it and wanted more.

WR need to knock this on the, ah … <ahem> head.
  12. wamberal David Codey (61)

If AWJ had clocked him, would that have been funny? I have no doubt that the intent was to provoke a reaction.