• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Six Nations 2020

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Spoilers ahead:

EJ (Eddie Jones)'s sweet chariot crashes to a loss at home to Scotland, only scoring 6 to Scotland's 11......... BA HA HAHA HAHAHAHAHA. Suck a colossal dick England, you boring ass, depressing grotto excuse for a country. Go shove a Yorkshire pudding where the sun don't shine, you muppets.

Annnnnnyyyyway...... Debutant 21 year old Cameron Redpath (played England u20s) put in a terrific performance for Scotland, arguably should've been MotM over Hogg. Hopefully we see more of him.

Apart from Scotland winning, very boring match. A pushover try and a handful of penalties. It wasn't that the defence was good, the attack was just toothless. Scoreline flattered England. They had nothing. They were kept in the game by Finn Russell being so shit at executing basic skills.

Played across the continent though, France had a bit too much attack and spanked Italy 10-50. Dupont got man of the match again, clearly couldn't give a shit when it was announced. The wee lad is already tired of being the GOAT. Italy looked foolish as always, but Digby Ioane's nephew, Monty Ioane, did a semi decent performance on the wing.

rodha

Dave Cowper (27)
Spoilers ahead:

EJ (Eddie Jones)'s sweet chariot crashes to a loss at home to Scotland, only scoring 6 to Scotland's 11.

Once again Scotland's enormously improved defensive structure under Steve Tandy (compared to Taylor) continues to prove the erroneous mistake of the ARU letting their best candidate leave Australian shores..

Pone's Mullet

Alex Ross (28)
There fit and match fit, the Sarries contingent showed that they hadn’t played since December

Also looked like Farrell didn’t trust Lawrence at 12.

Congrats Scotland, they outplayed England on every facet. well deserved win

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well I enjoyed England/ Scotland game, and I don't have or understand the type of hate from people like Dc, and was reasonably neutral, although in any of these matches I lean towards underdog so really enjoyed the result. Didn't find the game boring it was wet and both teams attempted to allow for it I thought. One thing I noticed , as I did with Bristol/Exeter game yesterad was how good it seems the NH refs are getting at stopping the 9s from leaving the ball in ruck etc, seem to make them clear it quite quickly. makes for improved game.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
I don't have or understand the type of hate from people like Dc

Parochialism is the bedrock on which the entire concept of a "contest" is founded. Without it, all the "games" are devoid of investment and reduced to meaningless starjump exercises played out solely for the cardiovascular benefit of the 30 or so players involved.

ps the Wellington Hurricanes are a big fat bunch of cleft-brained pottyfaces.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
My eyes are bleeding. As much as I am excited that there is rugby on tele again, that was brutal to watch.

Italy are so far off the pace it is not even worth talking about anymore.

As much as I love to see England lose, that was awful. Must be the worst performance by an English pack since I can remember. Their lack of depth at prop will worry Eddie.

Hodge is just a ridiculous rugby player as is the French 9. My word, the kid really is something special.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Well I enjoyed England/ Scotland game, and I don't have or understand the type of hate from people like Dc,
If you don’t use every single opportunity, appropriate or not, to stick the boot into England are you truly part of the commonwealth? Fair play to Scotland they won at twickenham which is huge for them.

I’ll amend my initial statement of boring a bit; I enjoyed the closeness and Scotland winning. Itoje will continue to delight, probably the most athletic rugby player on the planet, but man some of the decision making was absolutely dire.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Seeing England get beat made my dark heart glad. Taste it, Eddie!

Tell you what though - that French side looks mighty ominous. They play some seriously good footy across the park.
Should be a cracking series when they come here. Fear they’ll be too much but some serious young talent across both sides.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Should be a cracking series when they come here. Fear they’ll be too much but some serious young talent across both sides.

Exciting to see young teams come through isn't it Dc? I alwyas excited at beginning of Super each year to see who is coming through etc, and think we a bit spoiled having wallabies and French pairing off with some young players squaring off against each other. Even if officially I now a neutral now I back in Godzone I really looking forward to that series! There are so many things to look forward to in our game!

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Hell Wales have some problems, Ireland down to 14 men for 64 minutes and still Welsh struggles to hold on. they certainly have seemingly regressed under Pivac's coaching.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Hell Wales have some problems, Ireland down to 14 men for 64 minutes and still Welsh struggles to hold on. they certainly have seemingly regressed under Pivac's coaching.
Not flash was it. Ireland did great to stay in it for so long, fun game for a neutral. Impressive that both teams would feel peeved with that performance. Wales nearly lost with a whole game man advantage and Ireland should've won it but for POM's massive brain fade and Burns' shank at the end.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
England lose at Twickenham:-

46040792.jpg

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
Once again Scotland's enormously improved defensive structure under Steve Tandy (compared to Taylor) continues to prove the erroneous mistake of the ARU letting their best candidate leave..

Plenty of posters on this site have been calling for Taylor for years. Interesting to see it now go the other way.

My position was always that I had not seen Taylor coach since he left our shores so I couldn't comment.

rodha

Dave Cowper (27)
Plenty of posters on this site have been calling for Taylor for years. Interesting to see it now go the other way.

My position was always that I had not seen Taylor coach since he left our shores so I couldn't comment.

I'm not sure why Taylor was so highly sought after on here. I mean the one great success he had was when he was part of a coaching group than also included Link Mackenzie & Jim McKay. And yeah, the defense was solid during most of those years, but even in 2011 it's wasn't at the best in the competition. Also Rennie specifically stated how the coaches he targeted he viewed to have the potential to operate as independent head coaches within the Wallabies' coaching brains trust. In that case it would have made even more sense to appoint Tandy considering he already had masses of experience as a head coach & won silverware.

Kevin77

Fred Wood (13)
Not flash was it. Ireland did great to stay in it for so long, fun game for a neutral. Impressive that both teams would feel peeved with that performance. Wales nearly lost with a whole game man advantage and Ireland should've won it but for POM's massive brain fade and Burns' shank at the end.

As an Irish fan it's difficult to know how to feel about that.

Wales are poor right now so with 15 I feel we should have won.

Ironically I think we played quite well but then had a 15 minute spell where everything went wrong and conceded two tries.

if you went through the players individually there was lots to like but I guess 14 men for 65 mins away from home is always going to be tough.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Well I enjoyed England/ Scotland game, and I don't have or understand the type of hate from people like Dc, and was reasonably neutral, although in any of these matches I lean towards underdog so really enjoyed the result. Didn't find the game boring it was wet and both teams attempted to allow for it I thought. One thing I noticed , as I did with Bristol/Exeter game yesterad was how good it seems the NH refs are getting at stopping the 9s from leaving the ball in ruck etc, seem to make them clear it quite quickly. makes for improved game.

God if you can't celebrate an English loss i don't even know what you get out of sport.

English failure is the pinnacle of human achievement.