• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sonny Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Mayor of Perth

Ted Fahey (11)
While the Crusaders are enjoying a late-season bye before an important match against the Blues...

Sonny Bill Williams will fight in Auckland on June 5 against an opponent yet to be named and the All Black confirmed this will be his last boxing bout before the Rugby World Cup.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Well done to Sonny Bill for donating $100,000 to the earthquake appeal and also well done to whatever mug steps up to get put on their arse by him.

No way they'll risk SBW fighting a half-decent opponent although an SBW v David Tua match up would possibly be NZ's highest selling pay-per-view event of all time.

Z

Zeno

QC (Quade Cooper) is claiming a playing weight of 93kg so I can't see him getting down to Super fly (52-ish).

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Rod Davies more likely to make superfly than Cooper, and he was a golden gloves boxer during his school days, apparently.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
QC (Quade Cooper) is claiming a playing weight of 93kg so I can't see him getting down to Super fly (52-ish).

No, man.

W8oxt.jpg

[video=youtube;AmZjD2UWoso]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmZjD2UWoso[/video]

T

tranquility

are there any doubters left? the unders line he ran in the Bulls game was magic, the fact that he has got himself in a position to take Nonu's jersey is a world cup year is nothing short of incredible, whether he gets the 12 jersey for the big games or not is debatable at this stage - but he will certainly be in the 22 for any games that matter. I said it when he was playing in France and I think it still holds, he holds the potential to change the way an inside (or second 5) plays. Another point, is he the best athlete on the planet? or is that still Usain Bolt?

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
They would be crazy not play him at 12 for the big games. I haven't seen anything to suggest he is a defensive liability yet. There's the odd shoulder charge but that's a mental problem that can be fixed. There's no one in the whole game able to match his speed, power and skill.

Status
Not open for further replies.