• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sonny Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Q

QuadeCooperFan

hmmm

*1 year contract*
*can't rejoin NRL until 2013*

i'm sensing something

Antony

Alex Ross (28)
Bump Nanai-Williams to the wing and put Robinson at fullback. That's seriously quick, 9-15.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
hmmm

*1 year contract*
*can't rejoin NRL until 2013*

i'm sensing something

SBW has said for a while that he prefers 1yr contracts so I don't think there's a lot to it.

I don't mind the 1yr contracts. It kinda keeps both parties honest and you could argue that SBW has a lot more to lose than the franchise does. Look at QC (Quade Cooper)....worth apparently $700,000-odd last year, now he's about half that.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
And SBW will get good conditions to play in; Forsyth-Barr Stadium is looking pretty schmick!

J

Jay

Good god no. We could have the starting All Black 15 and we'd still end up mid table.

Thump the reigning champion Reds one week, then lose to the rebels the next.

Ah, love being a chiefs supporter

You got a good coach at last, though.

P

pete88

SBW has said for a while that he prefers 1yr contracts so I don't think there's a lot to it.

I don't mind the 1yr contracts. It kinda keeps both parties honest and you could argue that SBW has a lot more to lose than the franchise does. Look at QC (Quade Cooper)....worth apparently $700,000-odd last year, now he's about half that.

I really agree, I think it's pretty crap the amount of people who will tee off on how players are only in it for the money and are too confident and happy just collecting a pay cheque, as people are want to do with the Wallabies every now and then and with JOC (James O'Connor)/QC (Quade Cooper)/SBW almost nonstop, and then slate them for putting it all on the line and backing themselves to be able to sing for their supper.

P

pete88

putting it all on the line and backing themselves to be able to sing for their supper.

Triple cliche in half a sentence. I don't know whether that's an achievement or a bannable offence...

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
9. Kerr-Barlow 10. Cruden 11. Renata 12. SBW 13. Kahui 14. Masaga 15. Nanai-Williams

If the Chiefs' tight 5 perform, look out.

Bloody obvious him and Cooper will be going to the NRL in 2013 imo.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Although knowing Khoder SBW will end up in soccer and quade in golf so he can really get some commission

I don't get the Khoder hate. His job is to do his best for his clients. You'd have to say he does a pretty good job.

Status
Not open for further replies.